Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell 66 Perry County Central 54
Good win for Powell. McFarland had 38 points.
Where was this game at?
Good to see the lady pirates are starting to pull it together. Hopin for another win at Oneida Baptist!
The scoreboard on khsaa.org says it was played at Powell. Was this a good called game? How many free throws did Powell shoot?
the game was at powell co.
Was this a good called game? How many free throws did Powell shoot?
jump_shot5 Wrote:Was this a good called game? How many free throws did Powell shoot?

What are you trying to say? The game was called fine. I would say that Powell shot more free throws because Perry couldn't handle McFarland and they fouled her alot.
Is Mcfarland fully healed now ? Sounds like it with 38.
Congrats Powell
PardonTheInteruption Wrote:What are you trying to say? The game was called fine. I would say that Powell shot more free throws because Perry couldn't handle McFarland and they fouled her alot.

I have witnessed in the past that Powell usually seems to get all the breaks when playing at home. They usually tend to shoot more free throws than their opposition. Things will be said well they take the ball to the goal more. Even if so they play teams that drive the basketball a lot to but still manage to get the calls but when they go away from Stanton they do not shoot near as many free throws.
Congrats Powell
Powell did edge the Lady Dores out in the free throw column by a couple, 38-9 i believe someone said it was. Not like anyone expected anything different. With all the big dogs going and calling in the All A tourney on saturday, it didn't leave to many for other games, so I believe they said this one was called by some very shaky officials, one I don't even think supposed to be calling varsity basketball. But I have to agree that Powell has been playing better now that they have their leading scorer back and Perry is having the worst year they have ever had. Powell would of probably beaten them if Perry called their own fouls. Smile
Congrats Powell!
actual count was 34-11. PCC pressed a lot, Powell didn't. PCC down late, fouled to try to come back.
justthefacts Wrote:actual count was 34-11. PCC pressed a lot, Powell didn't. PCC down late, fouled to try to come back.

Even if they did start fouling late to try to get back into the game something had to go right for Powell to shoot 23 more free throws. There are a lot of teams that press a lot but are not out done in free throws by that margin.
First of all congrats to my gals on their muc needed win. And second Perry Centrals coach got by with 2 technicals. So the game was fair and really fun to watch. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!
jump_shot5 Wrote:I have witnessed in the past that Powell usually seems to get all the breaks when playing at home. They usually tend to shoot more free throws than their opposition. Things will be said well they take the ball to the goal more. Even if so they play teams that drive the basketball a lot to but still manage to get the calls but when they go away from Stanton they do not shoot near as many free throws.

That's why they call it FOUL COUNTY.
Nice job Powell
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:That's why they call it FOUL COUNTY.

Exactly. For the longest time I always said that Perry County Central gets the best home court advantage than any other team in the region until I witnessed a couple of games at Powell County.
It is very funny to see when people lose. Cry about the referees....lol
I was at this game and that Napier for Perry Central is the biggest crybaby with the foulest mouth that I have ever seen. Truth be told, had I been the referee, he would have been sitting on the bus in the second quarter. You get what you deserve. He is just lucky that those refs didnt have any testicular fortitude or he would have been gone.