Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins 2009
Any thing new going on?
Transfers in or out?
Weight room number are they good or bad?
Will the team grow in numbers in 2009?
Schedule?
From the roster I was able to fine online it looks like Jenkins lose 11 players from last seasons team. Graduation is the reson why.

That leaves 15 players from last years team.

They will need a large freshman class to help turn things around.
They didnt have a srong middle school program
Soundls like they are in for another long season.
Give Zeke a little time, they will be alright.
CoachB Wrote:Give Zeke a little time, they will be alright.

There never going to be alright. Each year they will keep losing all the best players to LCC. It don't matter who the coach is, that's the reallity and it won't change.
My hats off to their staff for doing their best and to the players that stay and stick it out.
Just don't understand it guys. I understand that Jenkins has all kinds of traditions from the good ol' days but those days are gone. They have one or two good athletes each year but those kids do not need to be taking the beatings that they are taking each week. The town isn't what it used to be, the coal dollars are gone and the really good athletes go elsewhere (Shelby Valley or Letcher Central) or just don't come out and play because they know what it's going to be like. I say come on down to Letcher Central and play where they have a chance at earning a position and a chance to win some games. I know winning isn't everything but losing all the time sucks no matter who you are. I do commend the coaching staff for their effort but people no matter how hard or how often you kick a dead horse it's not going to get up and run for you.
Ouch!!!
Good Luck Jenkins In 09