Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Co. 74 Knott Co. 65 (Scrimmage)
Mason beats Knott in preseason scrimmage at Sheldon Clark 74-65.

Mason was without senior guard Keith Downing and senior guard Ryan Hamm. I wish them both a speedy recovery.
Neither played the other night at the Russell Panorama. Mason is a very good team that will only get better when they return.
Wonder how Middelton did?
Someone said he had 27... This was a good opportunity for KCC to show people that they have stepped up a level as a team, but that was not the case...
The King Wrote:Someone said he had 27... This was a good opportunity for KCC to show people that they have stepped up a level as a team, but that was not the case...

How can you say KCC didn't step up? They played two halfs and the first got beat by 4 pts and 5pts in the second. During both they were down a few and at one time was down by 14 pts and would come back and tie it up and even went ahead a couple of times. The last half they got beat by free throws only, not because they got out played. KCC didn't play as good as they could have, but by no means do they have anything to be ashamed of either. After all Mason Co. are the defending state champs and from what I seen, they need to be better than what they were on Saturday to keep their title. Number 32 and 35 are dirty players and Middleton is just plain rude, he didn't like the fact that KCC played them so close and that they just couldn't run away with the game, so he wouldn't even accept a helping hand from our players when he was on the ground. Its funny really you can see it in their faces when some teams come in from the city they expect to just take it all without any effort, and when they relize that these little hick teams are not gonna be ran over, they get mad. No we did'nt beat them, but they came down to the mountains and got a **** good game. Way to go KCC. You did fantastic.
sassy Wrote:How can you say KCC didn't step up? They played two halfs and the first got beat by 4 pts and 5pts in the second. During both they were down a few and at one time was down by 14 pts and would come back and tie it up and even went ahead a couple of times. The last half they got beat by free throws only, not because they got out played. KCC didn't play as good as they could have, but by no means do they have anything to be ashamed of either. After all Mason Co. are the defending state champs and from what I seen, they need to be better than what they were on Saturday to keep their title. Number 32 and 35 are dirty players and Middleton is just plain rude, he didn't like the fact that KCC played them so close and that they just couldn't run away with the game, so he wouldn't even accept a helping hand from our players when he was on the ground. Its funny really you can see it in their faces when some teams come in from the city they expect to just take it all without any effort, and when they relize that these little hick teams are not gonna be ran over, they get mad. No we did'nt beat them, but they came down to the mountains and got a **** good game. Way to go KCC. You did fantastic.
KCC still lost and this was a chance to beat a good not great Mason team. If KCC has plans for Rupp better bring a better game next time. You got to win the big games to elavate your ststus. Not respectable losses
kcc did great against the 8th ranked team in the state. yes, this was their chance to show how good they are...but Mason county is the defending state champs and well kcc didnt even go to region last year... so we have improved and it is only the beginning..
Congrats Mason Co.....Great Effort Pats!
Good luck to both teams.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
JOBAKKA Wrote:KCC still lost and this was a chance to beat a good not great Mason team. If KCC has plans for Rupp better bring a better game next time. You got to win the big games to elavate your ststus. Not respectable losses

Good point Mason is not near the team they were last year.KCC missed a golden opportunity at a win against the Royals.Which KCC should keep their head up Mason would beat any Mountian team and they played them pretty tough so they have a good shot going to the State in March.
This is off the topic of the scrimmage itself........But, can Treg Setty for Mason shoot it like his older brother??
It's preseason. I expect both teams to improve throughout the season. Good luck to both teams!
sassy Wrote:How can you say KCC didn't step up?

I guess I just expected more from KCC, especially since Mason was without two players...
The main thing about this game is, it was a scrimmage. Hard to really figure out the season each team will have. Still getting some rust off. Look for Knott to compete in the 14th. NO DOUBT!
Bluecat Wrote:The main thing about this game is, it was a scrimmage. Hard to really figure out the season each team will have. Still getting some rust off. Look for Knott to compete in the 14th. NO DOUBT!

Hazard will win the 14th.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
I think KCC will be a force in the 14th this year. I don't see many people beating them in the 14th. I still pick PCC to win it this year and Hazard should be good again. I think JBS's reign of terror is about done, so I think KCC should be in the thick of things this year.