Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrimmage - Powell vs. Cordia (Nov. 15)
ARC Wrote:It is definitely true. Wise, Charles, Cambpell and Pelfrey maxed-out on last day of conditioning with 300+ lbs bench press using free weights.

Glad to hear it was free weights. I was afraid that someone might suggest they were lifting the cheerleaders. I would NEVER make such an accusation! :p
history in da makin1 Wrote:hard to believe about wise and charles maxin 300+ but i could see the other 2 doing it

I agree. They just dont look like they have the arms to put up that much.
bluegrassballa Wrote:It'll be tough without the football players, but I think Powell will take this one. Hawkins has been ready to play since the end of last season. He will have big numbers in this game.

powell will win but hows football players encluded in b-ball everybody should be in the gym lifting weights getting ready for the next year in football sence u guys cant win to taylor co.??????? wtf????? if your that good to go to playoffs then win thats all i can say
theoneandonly#12 Wrote:powell will win but hows football players encluded in b-ball everybody should be in the gym lifting weights getting ready for the next year in football sence u guys cant win to taylor co.??????? wtf????? if your that good to go to playoffs then win thats all i can say

How is football players included in basketball? Well here is how it goes. The football players that want to play basketball goes over and tries out for the basketball team. Then they either make it or don't. And if they do, then they get to play basketball. Don't worry about what happened this year. Since we can't win to Taylor Co...If we are that good to go to playoffs then win thats all you can say. All I have to say to you is wow. You must really be bad at spelling/grammar to spell like you do. I feel sorry for your parents and teachers to have to listen to you talk.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I agree. They just dont look like they have the arms to put up that much.

It is an absolute fact. Acheived on the last day of summer conditioning.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Charles is definitely one of the region's best. Pelfrey has experience but needs to play with more intensity. Campbell will be solid. Wise is going to have to handle a lot of pressure at the PG but I think he can do it.

ARC, can you give us some insight on the talent level/skills of Pittman?

It is early. In the scrimmage at Powell vs Paris, Pittman was 4 for 4 from the line, scored in double figures, altered a lot of shots and grabbed some big boards. He is agile and quick. Pelfrey was the 'big show' in the scrimmage. Charles penetrated to the paint and dished the ball like a seasoned pg.

BTW, Wise is not the point guard, Charles is.
Powell
ARC Wrote:It is early. In the scrimmage at Powell vs Paris, Pittman was 4 for 4 from the line, scored in double figures, altered a lot of shots and grabbed some big boards. He is agile and quick. Pelfrey was the 'big show' in the scrimmage. Charles penetrated to the paint and dished the ball like a seasoned pg.

BTW, Wise is not the point guard, Charles is.
Who are the starting 5? I know Charles, Pelfrey, Campbell, Pittman. Who's the other starter? I thougt it was Wise.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Who are the starting 5? I know Charles, Pelfrey, Campbell, Pittman. Who's the other starter? I thougt it was Wise.

Gus Wise is the other starter, just at the 2g, not the point. Charles is at the point.