Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Christian Eagles
28.21%
Raceland Rams
71.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian @ Raceland (1A 3rd Round)
I like Raceland's chances in this game, so I am going to say Raceland by 12.
They say DEFENSE wins championships and right now T.J. and the coaching staff have them believing in their defensive schemes. It will be a dandy though either way.
If I were the LCA Defensive coordinator I would load up the box against Raceland and make Boyles beat me with his arm. If I'm Raceland I do exactly what I did last time and hope my corners play better.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:If I were the LCA Defensive coordinator I would load up the box against Raceland and make Boyles beat me with his arm. If I'm Raceland I do exactly what I did last time and hope my corners play better.
Well I hope you save me a spot on the track. You have to protect me though.
GOOD LUCK to both teams but I see LCA taking this one.
Show no Mercy Rams..... Play hard and get the big Win,,,I know you can do it!!!
I think Raceland will pull this one out..I see them making it to state!
5 hrs and 20 mins to kick off. My hearts already thumping!...Rams, go out and do what you've done week in and week out. WIN. Play each play like its your last. SENIORS this is your last home game at Ram Stadium, win or loose. How will you leave your legacy? Lineman, go out and dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Line backers, stop the run, and watch for the flat pass, screens, and slants. DBs...ATT CORNERS, play physical, but don't get burnt, we must stop the big play. RBs. as if i need to say this...RUN HARD...receivers, go up and get the passes, don't let them into your body.

Defense wins championships, stop the run and protect against the big play, and show the state that your for real. Go get em.
I noticed today that at teh end of the season, District 5 had 3 teams in the top 10, no matter the type of poll it was. That speeks volumes on our district and our area. Northeastern KY is starting to make a statement. Keep it up boys
Looking at some stats:

Raceland Lex. Christian
Mgn/Vic 27 23
RYPG 287 244
PYPG 112 216
TYPG 399 460
RYPG alwd 125 212
PYPG alwd 106 128
TYPG alwd 231 340
Take aways/g 2 2
Record 12-0 9-3
Opponents record 61-76 87-51

Looking at these, no doubt LCA has played a more difficult scedule, but the only teams that they have been beat by, were opponents that were a combined 34-2. LCA is a great team.

Raceland, has played a bit of a weaker schedule, but they have won every game. Ashland/Russell/LCA were all games that many would argue that they should've lost. To be a great team you have to win the games you should and almost all of the games that you shouldn't.

Both sides of the ball for both teams have seen limited games that went 4 quarters. Thats what happens when your beating teams like these two are. The weather should be nice and it should be a great football atmosphere. Good luck to both teams, but I have to pull for my home team...the RAMS. Once again, good luck to both and may all stay injury free.
BO1988 Wrote:Looking at some stats:

Raceland Lex. Christian
Mgn/Vic 27 23
RYPG 287 244
PYPG 112 216
TYPG 399 460
RYPG alwd 125 212
PYPG alwd 106 128
TYPG alwd 231 340
Take aways/g 2 2
Record 12-0 9-3
Opponents record 61-76 87-51

Looking at these, no doubt LCA has played a more difficult scedule, but the only teams that they have been beat by, were opponents that were a combined 34-2. LCA is a great team.

Raceland, has played a bit of a weaker schedule, but they have won every game. Ashland/Russell/LCA were all games that many would argue that they should've lost. To be a great team you have to win the games you should and almost all of the games that you shouldn't.

Both sides of the ball for both teams have seen limited games that went 4 quarters. Thats what happens when your beating teams like these two are. The weather should be nice and it should be a great football atmosphere. Good luck to both teams, but I have to pull for my home team...the RAMS. Once again, good luck to both and may all stay injury free.
Stats don't really mean a thing. Some of the better teams pull thier First stringers and the stats aren't that reliable. Don't be fooled by them either.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I just posted that out of an information type of thing, do I think you can make a prediction from this info? Of course not, I know all about that. Both teams have been in 3 tight games. Raceland against Ashland/LCA/Russell and LCa with Corbin/Breathitt/Raceland. Other than these 3 games, both teams have pulled their starters rather early. It should be another great game, but I think Racelands ability to run the ball affectively and control the clock will allow them to pull out a win....at least i hope.
BO1988 Wrote:I just posted that out of an information type of thing, do I think you can make a prediction from this info? Of course not, I know all about that. Both teams have been in 3 tight games. Raceland against Ashland/LCA/Russell and LCa with Corbin/Breathitt/Raceland. Other than these 3 games, both teams have pulled their starters rather early. It should be another great game, but I think Racelands ability to run the ball affectively and control the clock will allow them to pull out a win....at least i hope.
Racelands chances are great tonight. I hope to see a very physical game. Both on defense and offense. Both teams have the ability to strike and score quickly. I just hope the boys don't get down if they are behind in points. Judging from the last meeting with LCA, this could be one of the better games in a long while in this area. GOOD LUCK RACELAND! Some of us Russell fans will be there supporting you all! We all know you can do it!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
thanks for the support grubby. i'm sure this game won't dissapoint anyone, no matter the outcome. let me say one thing after what has happened in the last 2 meetings of this team, i'll never leave a game early, no matter what the score is.
jgrubby Wrote:Racelands chances are great tonight. I hope to see a very physical game. Both on defense and offense. Both teams have the ability to strike and score quickly. I just hope the boys don't get down if they are behind in points. Judging from the last meeting with LCA, this could be one of the better games in a long while in this area. GOOD LUCK RACELAND! Some of us Russell fans will be there supporting you all! We all know you can do it!
And some of us will just be there.Wink
very close game! Raceland comes out with a win