Poll: Estill Co @ Taylor 3-A playoff
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill Co
93.22%
Taylor Co
6.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. @ Taylor Co. (3A 2nd Round)
If Taylor can stop Estill's running attack, it will a closer game because from what I have saw, Estil cannot pass at all. Against Powell Estill had a guy wide open and the QB overthrew him by at least 7 yards.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:If Taylor can stop Estill's running attack, it will a closer game because from what I have saw, Estil cannot pass at all. Against Powell Estill had a guy wide open and the QB overthrew him by at least 7 yards.

Just dont see Taylor stoping the run.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Just dont see Taylor stoping the run.

With as many rushing yard as they have gave up this year, it will be tough.
I hear the train a commin, a commin to Breathitt county........ Sorry Taylor Co. But if Powell Co running attack can rack up about 175 yards on the ground then get ready for a long night.
P.C.Defense Wrote:I have seen both teams up close first hand. Estill is the strongest football team I have seen in my coaching career.
What?Smile
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Estill was the best team we played from top to bottom. They do what they do and they do it well. They have 3 outstanding backs and the strongest O line we saw all year. They are very solid on defense as well #30 Baber is a beast at middle linebacker.
TC Card Wrote:We will be playing our best and Estill better look out Somerset had many chances to score on them but did not.

If you go by that thought process Powell dropped three touchdown passes against you all. It should have never been that close. Powell is a better team than Taylor hands down. :ChairHit:
courtdog Wrote:How many teams have helt Breathitt Co to 7 points in Jackson in the last 20 years? I would say none and thats what Estill did this year so i think they will do OK Friday night at Taylor Co...........GO NEERS

You would be wrong. Estill held them to 6 in the 1988/89 season in their own Honey Bowl. Western held them not long ago to vey little in the Honey Bowl also.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What?Smile

I don't think you will laugh after Friday. Sad You are facing the one of the top rushing teams in 3A. Better take a long look at last weeks film and the Green Co. film to see where the holes were. But that won't matter, totally different herd of Engine's pulling every play.
Estill by 40 easily since Taylor cannot stop the run.
Taylor Cant Stop eather the run nor the pass, if estill plays half as good as they played powell than they will win by at least 30.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What?Smile

I think he was trying to say that he has seen both Estill and Taylor play in person and that Estill is a much stronger team than Taylor.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:I think he was trying to say that he has seen both Estill and Taylor play in person and that Estill is a much stronger team than Taylor.
That would make sense...lol

NIECE Wrote:I don't think you will laugh after Friday. Sad You are facing the one of the top rushing teams in 3A. Better take a long look at last weeks film and the Green Co. film to see where the holes were. But that won't matter, totally different herd of Engine's pulling every play.
You talk to me like I think TC will win....I know better than that and I realize that Estill is a much improved team from last season.....If Taylor can somehow stop the run, they are capable of scoring enough to stay in this game if all the breaks go their way. It would take an almost perfect game for TC to win.....I say Estill 52-12........You spoke of the Green Co. game and I thought earlier that the only team that TC has played that has a dominant rushing attack is Green, and that turned out to be a 78-21 white-washing of the Cards!

This is in my opinion the best team coach Jones has had at Estill. Trying to defend that double wing offense with the speed and strength they have is a nerve racking experience.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If Breathitt plays like they did against Garrard they will be beaten by Harlan.

How funny would that be. I'm sure Estill would love to play Harlan.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:How funny would that be. I'm sure Estill would love to play Harlan.
Breathitt is the heavy favorite and it would be a huge upset if Harlan pulls it off, but HC is capable of winning if Breathitt is not prepared mentally.....If Breathitt comes out with intensity they win by 20+........

Covey was much faster than he looked on film & Benedict is a horse up the middle. Don't forget Roberts. He is a good ole' country boy that can play some ball. Looking back at all the teams we (Powell) played this year, Estill was by far the best. Good luck Engineers! Should be an exciting stat night for the Engineers.
I think Estill will win this one. Taylor Co.'s offense is really good, but I think they will be spectating for most of the game due to Estill's running game just eating up the clock. Estill is big, strong, and physical and I don't think Taylor can match up very well against that. For Taylor to win they must score every time they have the ball which they can. Estill has a really good defense, but it isn't great so Taylor does have a chance, but I see Estill just being to much and winning by a couple touchdowns.
If Estill do what they do with very little mistakes and play good D like they have been it should not be close. If the D dont show up it could be a long nite.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:You talk to me like I think TC will win....I know better than that and I realize that Estill is a much improved team from last season.....If Taylor can somehow stop the run, they are capable of scoring enough to stay in this game if all the breaks go their way. It would take an almost perfect game for TC to win.....I say Estill 52-12........You spoke of the Green Co. game and I thought earlier that the only team that TC has played that has a dominant rushing attack is Green, and that turned out to be a 78-21 white-washing of the Cards!

I was just responding to the laughing about Estill being the strongest team ever seen. I can almost assure you, that they will be the strongest team Taylor will face all year. As for strongest team ever seen???????????????? I have seen a lot of football teams: Highlands, Trinity, St. X, Beechwood, Belfry, etc., so I can't say they are the strongest I have ever seen, and I have been around for a while. Strength is one thing, using it appropriately is another!
NIECE Wrote:I was just responding to the laughing about Estill being the strongest team ever seen. I can almost assure you, that they will be the strongest team Taylor will face all year. As for strongest team ever seen???????????????? I have seen a lot of football teams: Highlands, Trinity, St. X, Beechwood, Belfry, etc., so I can't say they are the strongest I have ever seen, and I have been around for a while. Strength is one thing, using it appropriately is another!
Could not be more true Niece......Knowing how to use your strength and knowing how to use leverage and such is very important....Many players want to depend on talent alone and forget that the mental part of the game is just as important....For me, I would rather coach a bunch of average players that used their heads than stars who did not think on the fly......Not saying that having talent is not a good thing, just that if a player does not have the ability to manage that talent on the field he\she can become more of a liability than an asset if the opposing coach is competent enough to recognize the lack of discipline on tapes.......

For those coming to the game tonight....Have a safe trip and the game will be on 104.1 on your headsets.....The announcers are in their first season, so they are not the most polished, but oh well......

i think that Estill wins this game and then goes to Jackson next friday to play the Breathitt Bobcats who will run all over Harlan County like they did when they played earlier in the year. i think that estill will beat breathitt if they play again. the only reason why breathitt won was bc they had to have help from the refs. breathitt knows that they wouldnt have beaten estill if it hadnt been for the refs.
Weather Forecast calls for clear skies and cold....32 degrees @ kickoff and 27 by 10:00p....There are no hills to protect people from the winds that will be blowing around 5-6 mph.....It took me a bit to get used to the winds here as compared to EKY because they seem stronger due to the flat-lands.....Hope everyone has a good\safe night...

EngineerFan Wrote:i think that Estill wins this game and then goes to Jackson next friday to play the Breathitt Bobcats who will run all over Harlan County like they did when they played earlier in the year. i think that estill will beat breathitt if they play again. the only reason why breathitt won was bc they had to have help from the refs. breathitt knows that they wouldnt have beaten estill if it hadnt been for the refs.
It could be looked @ like that I guess...But it could also be looked @ that Breathitt could have beaten them by more if they had caught wide open passes...Did Estill out-play Breathitt that night? Yes....But if Breathitt plays Estill again they will not "overlook" them as they did the first game and it will be a totally different game in my opinion.

Anyone going to do the updates on this game? If not, I will be able to give updates periodically but will not be able to give consistent or detailed updates due to me working another game in another studio.