Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Nov. 4)
EKY Top 20 (Week 11)

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Raceland
5. Corbin
6. Whitley County
7. Breathitt County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Ashland
10. Mason County
11. Rockcastle County
12. Estill County
13. Knox Central
14. Letcher County Central
15. Pulaski County
16. Hazard
17. Russell
18. Sheldon Clark
19. Williamsburg
20. Middlesboro

Others Receiving Votes (Boyd County, Fairview, Harlan County)

Discuss Below...
1-3 is right. Raceland should be 6. Ashland is not the #9 team. You can tell were most of the votes came from. Hazard should be in the top 10.
1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Corbin
5. Whitley County
6. Raceland
7. Breathitt County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Estill County
10. Hazard
That is how the top should look.
cj2561 Wrote:1-3 is right. Raceland should be 6. Ashland is not the #9 team. You can tell were most of the votes came from. Hazard should be in the top 10.
1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Corbin
5. Whitley County
6. Raceland
7. Breathitt County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Estill County
10. Hazard
That is how the top should look.

You do know that Ashland has lost there last two games don't you?

As for Hazard, playing LCA will tell all the voters were they stand because its hard to judge the Dawgs because they don't have any impressive victories.
Hazard got beat worse by Johnson Central than what Ashland did if you want to use that as a measuring stick. Ashland also has more quality wins than Hazard.

Most of the voters are from the Mountain region.
this is bull Allen central should of got in at at least #20 or #19 or #18
FBALL Wrote:Hazard got beat worse by Johnson Central than what Ashland did if you want to use that as a measuring stick. Ashland also has more quality wins than Hazard.

Lets compare some results between a few teams ahead of Ashland...

#2 Johnson Central 26 - #7 Breathitt County 14
#8 Prestonsburg 27 - #7 Breathitt County 20
#2 Johnson Central 41 - #9 Ashland Blazer 6

Here is the combined record of teams Ashland has defeated, 27-29.

I'm sorry, but I have reason to believe that Ashland isn't as good as everyone puts them out to be.
rebel84 Wrote:this is bull Allen central should of got in at at least #20 or #19 or #18

:confused:

So Allen Central who has defeated Jenkins, Magoffin County, Phelps, Betsy Layne, Jackson County, South Floyd, and Knott County Central is better than Middlesboro, Williamsburg, and Sheldon Clark?

Yes, Allen Central has done really well this season against very, very weak teams, but can you really say that they could beat, let alone compete, with any of those teams in that top 20?
FBALL Wrote:Hazard got beat worse by Johnson Central than what Ashland did if you want to use that as a measuring stick. Ashland also has more quality wins than Hazard.

Most of the people on here are from Ashland. But this pole don't matter anyways. This is what some people think. Raceland is 9-0. But the teams they play is 43-48. That is not good.
cj2561 Wrote:Most of the people on here are from Ashland. But this pole don't matter anyways. This is what some people think. Raceland is 9-0. But the teams they play is 43-48. That is not good.

There is 1 member from Ashland that votes, and he isn't a regular voter either.
cj2561 Wrote:Most of the people on here are from Ashland. But this pole don't matter anyways. This is what some people think. Raceland is 9-0. But the teams they play is 43-48. That is not good.

Actually there are very few on here from Ashland. Right off the top of my head there is only one staff member from Ashland.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Lets compare some results between a few teams ahead of Ashland...

#2 Johnson Central 26 - #7 Breathitt County 14
#8 Prestonsburg 27 - #7 Breathitt County 20
#2 Johnson Central 41 - #9 Ashland Blazer 6

Here is the combined record of teams Ashland has defeated, 27-29.

I'm sorry, but I have reason to believe that Ashland isn't as good as everyone puts them out to be.

Prestonsburg Barely slipped by Shelby Valley. Does this mean they are overrated now?

Personally I think the poll heavily favors the mountain teams. At least 4-1
Midee1 Wrote:Actually there are very few on here from Ashland. Right off the top of my head there is only one staff member from Ashland.
1 from Ashland and only a few from NE KY. Most are from "the mountains". I wouldn't start calling any kind of an Ashland bias on here.

By the way, one bad loss for Ashland to JC and now they are overrated. Russell loses a heartbreaker to Raceland and they almost drop out. If there is a bias on here it is definitely for the mountain teams.
FBALL Wrote:Prestonsburg Barely slipped by Shelby Valley. Does this mean they are overrated now?

Personally I think the poll heavily favors the mountain teams. At least 4-1

Yeah they slipped by Valley, but Prestonsburg also proved themselves with the win against Breathitt County.

Not too many teams in the top 20 have that signature win.

FBALL Wrote:1 from Ashland and only a few from NE KY. Most are from "the mountains". I wouldn't start calling any kind of an Ashland bias on here.

By the way, one bad loss for Ashland to JC and now they are overrated. Russell loses a heartbreaker to Raceland and they almost drop out. If there is a bias on here it is definitely for the mountain teams.

Ashland has defeated 1 team inside that top 20, being Russell, but they are not overrated because they have done much better than what most expected them to coming into the season.

Russell overrated? No, I don't believe they are because they, like Prestonsburg, have played up to expectations.

But Russell has lost 3-straight games to quality opponents, and I believe that credit should be given were its deserved being to the teams that have won against some decent competition over the past 3-4 weeks.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah they slipped by Valley, but Prestonsburg also proved themselves with the win against Breathitt County.

Yes the Breathitt County win was a big one for them.

Ashland also had a huge win over Woodford on a night when they lost their best defensive player and team leader for the season to a knee injury.

Bottom line I don't think Ashland is overrated a #9.
FBALL Wrote:Yes the Breathitt County win was a big one for them.

Ashland also had a huge win over Woodford on a night when they lost their best defensive player and team leader for the season to a knee injury.

Bottom line I don't think Ashland is overrated a #9.

Unless some teams within the top 10 lose this Friday then their isn't going to be much movement in the top 10 because its really, really solid right now from top to bottom, same goes for the entire top 20.

But like I said, I don't believe that Ashland is overrated, I just think that some members are easily convinced that Ashland is better than what they really are with a couple of unexpected preseason expectational wins.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah they slipped by Valley, but Prestonsburg also proved themselves with the win against Breathitt County.

Ashland has defeated 1 team inside that top 20, being Russell, but they are not overrated because they have done much better than what most expected them to coming into the season.

Russell overrated? No, I don't believe they are because they, like Prestonsburg, have played up to expectations.

But Russell has lost 3-straight games to quality opponents, and I believe that credit should be given were its deserved being to the teams that have won against some decent competition over the past 3-4 weeks.

Yes Russell lost 3 tough games. Simon Kenton, Mason and Raceland. Three consecutive turnovers killed them against SK. Mason county is very good but in all honesty I think Russell has the better team even though Mason County won that night. Raceland is better than most on here want to believe. The Rams make it to the carpet and then fall to Beechwood. Russell should fall for not pulling out a victory in these games. But they are better than alot of people are giving them credit for right now.
FBALL Wrote:Yes Russell lost 3 tough games. Simon Kenton, Mason and Raceland. Three consecutive turnovers killed them against SK. Mason county is very good but in all honesty I think Russell has the better team even though Mason County won that night. Raceland is better than most on here want to believe. The Rams make it to the carpet and then fall to Beechwood. Russell should fall for not pulling out a victory in these games. But they are better than alot of people are giving them credit for right now.

I agree, Russell is one of the few teams in EKY that has respect from all teams in the state.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Unless some teams within the top 10 lose this Friday then their isn't going to be much movement in the top 10 because its really, really solid right now from top to bottom, same goes for the entire top 20.

But like I said, I don't believe that Ashland is overrated, I just think that some members are easily convinced that they are a solid team this year with a couple of unexpected preseason expectational wins.
I don't see as being very solid at all. There are many teams in that poll that could consider themselves lucky IMO.

Hazard for one. The combined record of the 6 Kentucy teams that they have beaten is 18-36.

Sheldon Clark is another. Rolled over some really bad teams. When they played good teams not only did they lose but they didn't even compete.
FBALL Wrote:I don't see as being very solid at all. There are many teams in that poll that could consider themselves lucky IMO.

Hazard for one. The combined record of the 6 Kentucy teams that they have beaten is 18-36.

Sheldon Clark is another. Rolled over some really bad teams. When they played good teams not only did they lose but they didn't even compete.

I restated what I said about Ashland in the the post you quoted, sorry, I was at a loss for words then.

Both Sheldon Clark & Hazard haven't had that quality win yet, but Hazard will get their chance Friday, SC will have to wait and get that win in the playoffs.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I restated what I said about Ashland in the the post you quoted, sorry, I was at a loss for words then.

Both Sheldon Clark & Hazard haven't had that quality win yet, but Hazard will get their chance Friday, SC will have to wait and get that win in the playoffs.
Yeah I saw that.

I'll talk football all night long. In the big picture its all just opinion anyway. But it does make for some interesting conversation.
FBALL Wrote:Yeah I saw that.

I'll talk football all night long. In the big picture its all just opinion anyway. But it does make for some interesting conversation.

Yes it does.
Raceland won at Ashland,at Russell, and beat a very good LCA team. Raceland should be where they are.
BlackcatAlum Wrote::confused:

So Allen Central who has defeated Jenkins, Magoffin County, Phelps, Betsy Layne, Jackson County, South Floyd, and Knott County Central is better than Middlesboro, Williamsburg, and Sheldon Clark?

Yes, Allen Central has done really well this season against very, very weak teams, but can you really say that they could beat, let alone compete, with any of those teams in that top 20?

:letsparty lol this Allen central team is the best they ever had so you cant put them up there with Middlesboro, Williamsburg, and Sheldon Clark or prestonsburg but they played paintsville and pikeville down to the wire well paintsville came out in the 4th quarter and beat Allen central but still allen central never gets any respect in football its always basketball or baseball or volleyball but i see allen central football improving the next 3 or 4 years and they will get a state championship