Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg Blackcats
39.06%
Beechwood Tigers
60.94%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Beechwood - Oct. 11th
This one is to tough to call right now.
bac2369 Wrote:I would really like to be in attendance for this game because to me its to great smash mouth football teams going at it. But prestosburg can pass it as well so I give them the edge in the game.

Game of the week!
If it's the GOW I'm sure who ever i pick will lose.
There is no doubt in my mind that all the hype over both teams is legit. IMO and i have said it thus far Prestonsburg has the leadership to stomp them out. I will not for one second doubt the Blackats this year. They are not the most talented all across the board but they are together. They have played more like a team than most mountain teams. When you have a team full of poised leaders that are selfless and ready to step-up then you got every coaches dream. Blackats by atleast 16.
Beechwood.
kybaseball Wrote:If it's the GOW I'm sure who ever i pick will lose.
Please pick Beechwood then for the sake of all of Prestonsburg. Smile

Seriously though, Prestonsburg's defense better come out and play this game. This has been the surprising weak point for Pburg up until now. If the cats can hold Beechwood to less than 20 points, then Pburg wins.
p-burg by a td. Good luck P-burg!
Pburg returns some key players Saturday, go blackcats!
This should be a great game to watch. I will take Beechwood by 7.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Game of the week!

i agree 110.
If Prestonsburg can stop Beechwood's Matt Rigdon and Neico Teipel it should be a good game i look for Prestonsburg to run againist a poor run defense and open up the pass late in the game i'll take

Prestonsburg-28
Beechwood-14
Beechwood 42
Prestonsburg 20
Beechwood-44
Prestonsburg-26
I take Beechwood, after seeing them play and destroy Cov. Cath. not quite as bad as Highlands did, they should win.
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:If Prestonsburg can stop Beechwood's Matt Rigdon and Neico Teipel it should be a good game i look for Prestonsburg to run againist a poor run defense and open up the pass late in the game i'll take

Prestonsburg-28
Beechwood-14

After watching Beechwood play Cov. Cath. I did not see anything poor about the run defense they played.
Im gonna say Beechwood shuts down p'burg and wins big
Prestonsburg will need to force Beechwood to defend the entire field. NOW is when the passing game the Blackcats have been developing could become very important.

Beechwood's bread and butter is the inside power game. Unfortunately for P-burg, this has been the Blackcat defense's weakness. To counter, the Blackcats will probably stack the middle, daring the Tigers to throw. Beechwood has not shown an effective passing game to date.

A possession-oriented low scoring game favors Beechwood (due to their power game). A high scoring shootout-type game favors Prestonsburg (due to its passing attack).

(It just occured to me...this game breaks down a LOT like a P-burg/Belfry matchup would)

Wish I didn't have to miss this one, but I'll be wayyy out of state this weekend.

If P-burg gets > 200 yds rushing (passing game will have opened up the run) and < 2 TO's:

Prestonsburg 28
Beechwood 14

If P-burg held to < 125 yds rushing (passing game didn't open the middle) and/or > 2 TO's:

Beechwood 35
Prestonsburg 14

Most importantly, barring injuries, each team should come out of this game a better team... :thumpsup:
p-burg by 17
i'm gonna say p-burg by 7
I know Beechwood, and yes they know how to win, but so does p-burg. Beechwood barely escaped out of p-burg last year with a win. It's time to take it, LETS GO BLACKCATS! 21-14
ttt
Beechwood a powerhouse and on their turf...Tigers too much for the Cats

Good Luck P'burg, hope you prove me wrong...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]