Poll: Who wins it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
87.65%
Pikeville
12.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville - Oct. 3
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Part of the reason the community isn't as excited about the game as they usually are has to do with scheduling. IMO it was very poor planning on someone's part to play this game on Fall Break. Pikeville kids are out of school Thursday, Friday, & Monday. Many families are out of town. Also, the score of the AC game last week isn't going to help pack the stands. It is my understanding that Harmon and some other key older guys aren't playing due to injuries. Not because those guys are injured, but this team looks to be the "softest" Pikeville team I have seen, which may be due to so much youth having to play so early. I think this one will look like a Piarist basketball score, 75-0. Haywood may not be able to help how ugly it gets. I know they play this series for the $ and rivalry factor, but the rivalry is GONE, it's too lopsided now. And as for the $ factor, it will only make $ tonight if the Pond Creek Nation comes out in full force, the Pikeville turnout will be LIGHT, mostly parents I would think.

Wow this is a real negative post. I am not sure if it is accurate, it may be, but its sounds like you do not give Pikeville any chance. I would say that there will be a better crowd than you think from Pikeville and you can be sure the PCN will be out cause its Friday and that's what you do. You don't go out of town, you don't make other plans. Maybe that has become the difference between the two programs. Belfry has unconditional support, and PIkeville's support is very conditional. I would hope that is not true. Best of Luck to both teams.
Well considering that Pikeville got thumped by Ashland, and considering that Johnson Central is favored over Ashland in the District, and considering that a lot of ppl think Belfry can play with JC, then if Belfry can't beat Pikeville they are in for long season. I don't mean any dis on Pikeville because they are very good this year, but Belfry is on another level and shouldn't lose this game. Belfry by 28+
Belfry will come out on top. 42-14
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:On a related note. Joe Kinzer of EKB sports definately gets the Jack@#$ of the week for coming over to Pikeville today and basically trashing our school, our players, our coaching staff and our tradition during a radio interview about the Pikeville-Belfry game with Coach Copely. He even went as far as to tell Coach that he had some stupid bet with one his buddies about this game and that he bet against us. Hey Joe just remember pal the guy signing your checks is a Pikeville alumnist. Next time you want to talk trash about Pikeville it might be while youre handing a Pikeville fan their Blizzard at the South Williamson Dairy Queen. Pikeville fans if that dont fire you up I dont know what will!

We don't want him in South Williamson, you can keep him.
bucslover68 Wrote:Before we crucify Joe, let's make sure we get the facts straight. Joe had a bet on the Sports Guys show that if Pikeville stayed within 17 points of Belfry, that he would wear a Pikeville shirt to the next Belfry ballgame and tailgate. He did call Pikeville out on the show Monday night. He challenged them to bring their "A" game to the Belfry game for once. He called for a possible end to the series if Pikeville does not become more competitive on a yearly basis. I do not necessarily agree with what he said, but there is some validity to his points. Next, the account he gave me does not exactly match what you say. He called me after his interview with Copley and said that the coach had wished he had what Joe said Monday night on the show on tape. He wanted to use this as a motivational tool to fire Pikeville up. Joe said that he would just go in the locker room and tell them himself. He said to me(and if any of this is false, it came straight out of the mouth of Joe), that he said to Pikeville, that Belfry is not sitting on Pond Creek and feeling sorry for the Panthers being down a little bit and being banged up, and for once he wishes that Pikeville would show up with their "A" game against the Pirates. He said "187-58", that is the score of how Belfry has beaten Pikeville the last 7 years. So look at it how you want. To me it's a real "fire-em-up" tool for Copley to use, and btw don't ever take Joe too seriously because he likes to stir up the pot sometimes and he is not afraid to do it.

Was Kinzer contacted by BHS about his actions? I have heard that he was and it wasn't pretty!!!!
:lmao:

qbdad2011 Wrote:Belfry by 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]