Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 52 - South Floyd 42
Probably the worst Raider team I have witnessed, after taking a physical beating last week, you would think that they would have enough heart to come out and win a game they absolutely should win. Very disgusted with sideline decisions to keep inexperienced players in on kickoffs, give up two big TD returns that change game. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind, all you Raiders may as well lay down and hope they don't finish the season, only 1 potential win out there now, and I've got a feeling that Phelps will want it more than you do!
this game was lost by the special teams BL ran back about 3 TD on kickoff...this was a good game but SF played sloppy and lost it Kyle Howell played a heck of a game and so did Tyler Mitchell and Tyler Moore threw for 2 or 3 TD's....my thoughts and prayers go out to Brandon Stephens who tore his ACL and MCL tonight...and also booger who redislocated his shoulder and possibly cracked a rib...
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Probably the worst Raider team I have witnessed, after taking a physical beating last week, you would think that they would have enough heart to come out and win a game they absolutely should win. Very disgusted with sideline decisions to keep inexperienced players in on kickoffs, give up two big TD returns that change game. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind, all you Raiders may as well lay down and hope they don't finish the season, only 1 potential win out there now, and I've got a feeling that Phelps will want it more than you do!

I wouldnt say the worst Raider team in history just yet, But i do agree with the decisions on special teams. And the decisions to go for it on fourth down, that gave up some big field positioning.

My prayers go out to Brandon Stephens who tore his ACL and MCL in the first quarter. This kid plays every down with pride and heart. He also gets between 5-10 carries a game, and is pretty quick I might add. I just wish you didn't have to go down in the first quarter, because without you the Raiders didnt play with heart nor pride.
Congrats to The Bobcats!!!
Really underestimated BL in this game. A great showing for them. Was Stephens #10??
bluegrassballa Wrote:Really underestimated BL in this game. A great showing for them. Was Stephens #10??

He was #23 who went down in the 1st Quarter. SF was also without last years startin QB-Chad Patrick and RB-Bobby Meade.
I probably misstated my true feelings, no it is not the worst team, but this team lacks the heart and pride that it takes to step on the field. The program has really taken a step back, the defense is horrible for a number of reasons- poor coaching and the inability to adjust to different situations. I would not be surprised if Pikeville puts up triple digits in a couple of weeks. Raider fans can only hope that some younger kids will pour some life back into their sporting programs in the next couple of years, right now life in any of the boys programs on the hill are pretty sad.
TRUBLX3 Wrote:I probably misstated my true feelings, no it is not the worst team, but this team lacks the heart and pride that it takes to step on the field. The program has really taken a step back, the defense is horrible for a number of reasons- poor coaching and the inability to adjust to different situations. I would not be surprised if Pikeville puts up triple digits in a couple of weeks. Raider fans can only hope that some younger kids will pour some life back into their sporting programs in the next couple of years, right now life in any of the boys programs on the hill are pretty sad.

Couldn't agree more..:Thumbs:
Great win by the Bobcats the first time they beat the raiders in a long time Branston Jarrell had the game of his life and Dillon and Casey tore it up on kickoff. Nathan Martin also played good he threw two long passes and put them on the on the money to help his team out. BL's defense needs to tighten up though they gave up too many yards but overall great win Bobcats fight for the playoffs boys.
Any stats
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Probably the worst Raider team I have witnessed, after taking a physical beating last week, you would think that they would have enough heart to come out and win a game they absolutely should win. Very disgusted with sideline decisions to keep inexperienced players in on kickoffs, give up two big TD returns that change game. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind, all you Raiders may as well lay down and hope they don't finish the season, only 1 potential win out there now, and I've got a feeling that Phelps will want it more than you do!

I would not say the worst Raider team. I think a few of the boys had a very good game. I think the game was lost from the sidelines. I agree to try something different, aka...kick off return...a couple of times, but when that does not work...why in the heck try it all night??? This game was lost from the sidelines of SF plain and simple. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind when i think...what the heck is the "word" coming from the SF sideline? The O & D line looked like they were playing flag football. If your player does not want to "hit somebody" what the heck is he doing in a football game?, send him to dance class. GET REAL BOYS. Either make a tackle or get the heck out of Dodge...if you tip toe around on a football field then you need dancing shoes on... A football player is rough and tough not a freaking girly dancer. :eek: I would rather have 11 players total that give it thier all than 100 tip toeiers. LOL is that a word? If this line thinks they are playing football then i am your next president of the USA.

Hope they don't share your attitude. Looks like you done gave up.Rolleyes
Did the defense just not show up for this one? Sounds like both teams ran up and down the field all night.

Congrats Bobcats!
It was a great game. Regardless who won, both teams are playing their butts off, so why dont everyone give the raiders a break. The game was unbelievable and this year it went to the bobcats.

Congrats bobcats!!!
This game was pathetic, South Floyds speacilty teams was a joke. Congrats BL on the win. They took advantage of South Floyds weak point and put up 6 on the scoreboard, twice. You can say that the Raiders have gave up all hope, but that doesn't include all of them, which is where they fall up short because it takes a TEAM to win a football game. From what I watched, SFs Kicking, Kick Return, and O line, needs to grow some backbone and hit somebody. The majority of them need to take up golf where their isn't any physical contact at all. As far as defense goes, i dont think either team's d showed up. It was TD after TD. That's the last SF game im attending until next year. GG Bobcats, your future looks birght.
Worst coaching i've seen from the sideline in quiet some time. Congrats BL
congrats to bl..sf is playing pathetic this year they are alot better then how they are playin the O line isnt blocking anyone the D line cant stop anyone and the special teams are well lets just say there really special congrats bl. SF idk where to go from here if I was you
Both defenses didn't show up tonight, but Betsy Layne made the stops when they needed it down the stretch. Number 79 Robert Hall made two big stops. One was hitting the QB while throwing a screen which pretty much worked all night. 19 Branston Jarrell had an amazing game. Glad to see these two finally step up and play the ball I know they can play. I give it to 44 Kyle Howell and 10 Tyler Mitchell i think though. There players. My prayers go out to 23 who tore his ACL and MCl as well.
It was a great game. Congrats BL!
Congrats Bobcats! Good Luck on the rest of your season!
Good Job #33 Kory Jarrell On Your Touchdown Catch Late In The Fourth Quarter.

Proud Of You, Keep Up The Hard Work.
C-a-t-s! Cats, Cats, Cats!!!!!!!!!
"NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT" keep fighting BOBCATS
Even though they got beat SF does have some pretty good players. There middle line backer is pretty good. And they had some good running back in there to.
Great win for the bobcats! im glad they pulled win #2 out.
Sounds like it was pretty close...
pikeville1 Wrote:Sounds like it was pretty close...

Wouldn't have been if SF's special teams didn't give up so much yardage on kickoffs. Hard to keep someone out of the endzone when they start on the 30 yard line time after time.
agreed
[quote=TRUBLX3]Probably the worst Raider team I have witnessed, after taking a physical beating last week, you would think that they would have enough heart to come out and win a game they absolutely should win. Very disgusted with sideline decisions to keep inexperienced players in on kickoffs, give up two big TD returns that change game. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind, all you Raiders may as well lay down and hope they don't finish the season, only 1 potential win out there now, and I've got a feeling that Phelps will want it more than you do![/QUOT

he's right phelps has had a rough 3 games but after seeing this score and how phelps plays tough they will probably be winning their homecoming game
Congrats Bobcats!

Raiders have to have their key players in on special teams from now on..