Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 41 - Clay County 14
Old Jacket Wrote:First of all PCC lets be honest the refs gave you the win. I have talked to several referees and they have agreed Charlie Banks was in on that two point conversion, but it is to late now. As bad as i hate to say it this game will never be a rivalry because LCC owns you guys year in and year out. As they say the sun shines on the dogs as- sometimes. Pay back is a B
i know for a fact Charlie Banks wasn't in on that 2 point conversion.
sorry if i offended anyone just trying to make a point which i did and i do think that the defense was a lot better last night but that is because they did make a few small changes not to the line up so much but to the execution of the play's. so good win i hope that the cougars keep up the good work and take it to north Laural next friday.
Congrats Letcher Central.
fungus Wrote:i know for a fact Charlie Banks wasn't in on that 2 point conversion.

You have lost your ever loven mind half of the boys body was across the goal.But it dont matter IT IS OVER.
d10n Wrote:You have lost your ever loven mind half of the boys body was across the goal.But it dont matter IT IS OVER.

I think the ball has to cross the line not the body .:confused:
I was watching right at the goal line and I know for a fact he didn't make it, he was down on probably the 1 and a half yard line and some of the linemen tried to drag him in the endzone and he STILL didn't get in, the ball never broke the line and neither did his body.
The PCC game is over. He was in and the film proves it. I even have seen still shots that were blown up frame by frame. Ball was in--half of his body was in and the picture and film don't lie.Contact me with a PM and I will be happy to show you the events in person, frame by framse or however else you want to see it. The ref's simply missed it. No big deal. If both teams take care of business-they will meet again. This isn't the 1st ball game decided on a bad call and certainly won't be the last. PCC outplayed Letcher and congrats to them and their Coaches. They need to worry about their next opponent as does Letcher Central. This game wasn't a make or break for either team. Yhere is a lot of football still to be played
The holding call wasn't on Zack. It was on one of his linemen. When a hold occurs in a team's endzone, the result is a safety. Clay had several chances to score but simply didn't get the job done inside the redzone. ( ref's didn't account for a FOUR touchdown difference. Clay looked the way Letcher did last week. They will rebound and have some more victories before the season is over.
[quote=Animal65]I'm taking nothing at all away fro the LCC victory "But" The officiating was the most horrible display I've seen in all my life. LCC didn't need the help of the Zebra's they were ready to play. LCC only had two flags thrown on them all night.
QUOTE]

One of those was a phantom pass interference penalty. They should have only had one flag.
For clarification---Charlie had 25 points, not 26. Still broke the school record(old record 24 held by Phillip Bentley and Charlie ). Had 4 rushing TD's and a extra point kick).
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I was watching right at the goal line and I know for a fact he didn't make it, he was down on probably the 1 and a half yard line and some of the linemen tried to drag him in the endzone and he STILL didn't get in, the ball never broke the line and neither did his body.

There are frame by frame pics--blown up--come by the field house any time--they'll show ya.
Windsprint Wrote:The PCC game is over. He was in and the film proves it. I even have seen still shots that were blown up frame by frame. Ball was in--half of his body was in and the picture and film don't lie.Contact me with a PM and I will be happy to show you the events in person, frame by framse or however else you want to see it. The ref's simply missed it. No big deal. If both teams take care of business-they will meet again. This isn't the 1st ball game decided on a bad call and certainly won't be the last. PCC outplayed Letcher and congrats to them and their Coaches. They need to worry about their next opponent as does Letcher Central. This game wasn't a make or break for either team. Yhere is a lot of football still to be played

Nicely put Windsprint.
footballgirl Wrote:My point is that the coaches still have their favorites and don't want to play anyone else. They are going to lose a lot of good talent for next year if they don't start treating these boys with some respect like not even letting some of them participate in practice. See not many people really know what goes on behind the scenes.

We play the best 11 we have on both sides of the ball. Every kid practices unless they are hurt. Some kids practice with the freshman team and some practice with the varsity. Here is a message to all you of you on here from the coaching staff. If you don't agree with something, go talk to Hillard Howard and quit hiding behind a computer screen. Don't post it on here for all of our kids to read. We do our best to win games. If that means playing a kid one way to rest him, than we will do it. I think we have beat a lot of people these last couple of years by being better in the second half. We have had JV games, scrimmages, and practices and watched who can play THIS year for us.
Well said Hazzbeen. All this team( AND COACHING STAFF) have done is win14 of their last 16 games, win a District title , and play competitively in a good District and region. You can't please everyone, but the 4000+ fans at our home games look pretty satisfied to me. GO COUGARS
Congrats Letcher Central.
footballgirl Wrote:If they have a passing game they will.

Pick a side of the fence football girl and stay on it.
How is LCC passing game looking? I haven't heard much about it this year?
my boyfriend has played for you all for years and he does play all the time but you all are not telling the truth about all kids practicing because he has not been hurt and he still sits on the side lines and gets to play in the water while all the other kids are working hard to get better. you say that you play the best 11 how would you know because you have to see all of them play to know if you have the best 11, and the kids already know that you don't play fare they don't have to get on here to find out. and i don't have to hide behind a computer screen you see me every day at school.
kymom Wrote:I was at the game tonight was a good game in the 1st Lcc got on the board first took a little out of Clay .LCC keep Clays QB out of his game which use HUGE Clay had open men on the field but could not catch and this was a team that 300 yards a game passing not nonight more like 200 yard . Has far as the perry game goes the only thing i seen that they caught the ball a little better but it could have been that they was open. LCC good win tonite. But lets face it there is two thing about pcc.One you all over look us. An two we are a lot better then we was last year.
I think the Clay QB had alot more than 200 yards. If not for the drops, probably 400. I heard the final talley was 295 with 2 td's and 1 int. Line play is the key in football and LCC dominated it.
Don't forget 190 yards of penalties Clay was called for vs 25 yards called onLCC.
Letcher was the better team but not by much IMO.
kymom Wrote:I think the ball has to cross the line not the body .:confused:

DUH!!!!!!!!
fan first Wrote:I think the Clay QB had alot more than 200 yards. If not for the drops, probably 400. I heard the final talley was 295 with 2 td's and 1 int. Line play is the key in football and LCC dominated it.
Don't forget 190 yards of penalties Clay was called for vs 25 yards called onLCC.
Letcher was the better team but not by much IMO.
LMAO..41-14..nope not by much..you are right
footballgirl Wrote:my boyfriend has played for you all for years and he does play all the time but you all are not telling the truth about all kids practicing because he has not been hurt and he still sits on the side lines and gets to play in the water while all the other kids are working hard to get better. you say that you play the best 11 how would you know because you have to see all of them play to know if you have the best 11, and the kids already know that you don't play fare they don't have to get on here to find out. and i don't have to hide behind a computer screen you see me every day at school.

You earn a starting position, they are not easy to earn or everybody would have one. Your boyfriend needed to be one of the kids who worked harder to get better, some of the people on the sidelines are there for the jersey and the glory without all of the work and dedication, maybe he is one of them. Every practice, every player goes through drills that determines whether he is a "player" or a "jersey wearer". As far as injured players, the "players" still practice sick and hurt, the "jersey wearers" use every little excuse they can to not practice, they are just there, costing the team money and in the way, but given the same chances as the others.

My point to you was we do not need anyone talking negative about our coaches or players, so stop it. LCC plays the very best "PLAYERS" on the sidelines.

FYI-- its fair not fare. I won't see you at school--I don't have SPED classes.
No more negatives. These kids are having fun and playing well. GO COUGARS