Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle Collider could end world!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24525554/

I mean seriously, there is no point in this experiment. Who cares how the big bang happened or it is even true. Oughta save this until we can perform this experiment somewhere other than on Earth. I like how they say nothing bad can happen, but give no proof of that while thousands upon thousands of scientists are trying to stop it. They said mini black holes would be exciting???? WTF is wrong with these people. I guess they think these black holes would just go away. Wrong they will slowly grow and grow. They think slowly, it could be very rapidly.
Maybe the election won't matter after all.
Seriously noone concerned that they are using an unproven theory as basis to continue with the experiment?
Beetle01 Wrote:Seriously noone concerned that they are using an unproven theory as basis to continue with the experiment?

Not really, I've got enough things to worry about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heard about this from the science teacher today, she said it was in Germany or something. Well, no more homeworkBig Grin or baseball:Sad04:.
My sons girlfriend called me on my way home from work.... she said they were talking about it today as well. Said this could be the end of the world.... I'm tellin ya... I wish people would find better ways to "experiment" and not scare the crap outta kids.... When it's time for the world to end... The ALMIGHTY will take care of it!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I can't tell you how many times that I heard yesterday that it was going to be the end of the world, possibly, maybe, oh no, buuuuuut we are all still here.

It was like a one in 50 million chance or something. I'm pretty confident in taking my chances with those odds...

It isn't a big deal. if these black holes did form they were just microscopic and they would last a millisecond or so before they dissolved. If you read both articles you may have seen that. Plus today is just a test run to warm it up before they do the actually run in October if that makes anyone feel better lol!
BlackcatFootball Wrote:It isn't a big deal. if these black holes did form they were just microscopic and they would last a millisecond or so before they dissolved. If you read both articles you may have seen that. Plus today is just a test run to warm it up before they do the actually run in October if that makes anyone feel better lol!
Alright! One more month to live! Smile . Thats about 4-5 losses for the Bengals, lol.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:It isn't a big deal. if these black holes did form they were just microscopic and they would last a millisecond or so before they dissolved. If you read both articles you may have seen that. Plus today is just a test run to warm it up before they do the actually run in October if that makes anyone feel better lol!

In theory. All though there is no proof of a blackhole ever dissolving. Our safety is completely based on theoretical physics. Although I'm not to concerned about the world being sucked into a blackhole. I'm concerned that so many nations and people would get behind a project so blindly, that they would put everyone in danger without properly weighing the pros/cons.
How many of those microscopic black holes have we created to study to know they would only last for a millisecond? I dont know what will happen. But I also know there are some things that are better left unknown. I dont think anyone on either side of it either for or against knows what will happen. So far, everything I have heard or read about it is all theory.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.