Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Farve asks Packers for Release
Farve has stated that he has desire to play once again in the NFL but it will not be with the Packers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521

I hope he goes to the Dolphins and helps Henne out.
Minnesota would be a good fit but I don't think the Packers will let that happen. The teams that IMO are a good fit for him would be Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and the NY Jets.
I heard he's looking at going to Minnesota and Chicago (who both could use him because a QB may be the only missing link to make both of those teams Super Bowl contenders), but both of them are in Green Bay's division, so they probably won't let that happen.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
If they release him unconditionally, he can go wherever he wants, no matter what division they're in.
I would love to see him at Chicago
I think that he is a jerk the way he has done Green Bay.
BFritz Wrote:I heard he's looking at going to Minnesota and Chicago (who both could use him because a QB may be the only missing link to make both of those teams Super Bowl contenders), but both of them are in Green Bay's division, so they probably won't let that happen.

Both of those teams would be a great fit for him. They both need a QB.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:If they release him unconditionally, he can go wherever he wants, no matter what division they're in.
I know but I'm saying that they won't release him because of that fear
bluegrassballa Wrote:Both of those teams would be a great fit for him. They both need a QB.
But will he destroy his legacy?

Coming back when you should retire and stay retired.

Joe Montana, anyone?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Yeah I think he would be tarnishing his legacy by coming back. He was one win away from the Super Bowl last season so you might as well say he went out on a successful note even though they didn't make it. I would love to see Favre back on the field again but it just wouldn't look right seeing one of the most legendary quarterbacks of our time in a Carolina Panthers uniform? or a Bears uniform? Would be similar to seeing Jordan in the Wizards uni. But you know Brett he will make the decision and he will know if he is right or wrong.
He should come back.