Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana All-Stars 83 - Kentucky All-Stars 82
The Indiana All-Stars come away with a win at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, UNC signee Tyler Zeller got game MVP with 22 points. Bryan Station star & Butler signee Shelvin Mack led Kentucky with 24 points, Tennessee signee Scotty Hopson finished with 14 points, and UK signee Darius Miller finished with 11 points.

The two play one another again tomorrow (Sunday) around 4 p.m. at the Louisville Gardens.
well thats sucks KY couldnt win both games.
kentucky wins big this time.......
90-70
How did Slone do?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:How did Slone do?

Couldn't find any stats on him for the game, Landon did score 18 in the Kentucky All-Stars scrimmage against the younger Kentucky All-Stars not too long ago.
Landon scored 2 points...
Sounds like Slone struggled against stiff competition
The Joker Wrote:Sounds like Slone struggled against stiff competition

Heard he didn't really play much though. Politics play a big part in these sort of things.

He did pretty well against Hopson at the All A, and pretty well in the 1st Round of the Sweet 16

Well when you have Shelvin Mack, Scotty Hopson, and Darius Miller playing the 1-3 positions, Slone isn't going to get much playing time.
I talked to him yesterday and he said he didn't get very much playing time at all. He also said that they had a 10 point first half lead then the then turnovers killed them. They had 29 turnovers and that was one of the main reasons they didn't win the game. Hopefully they pulled out a W for KY at the Louisville Gardens.
gish Wrote:Heard he didn't really play much though. Politics play a big part in these sort of things.

Slone is going to Kentucky, the politics would be in his favor. Slone is a good player, but i just dont see him playing much or any at Kentucky. I see him transferring in a year.
I know of a kid that was going to UK as a preferred walk-on that played in the Kentucky/Tennessee all-star game a few years back. He was a Mr. Football finalist and everything, but got sh*t on with playing time due to politics. It happens.
IRISH4 Wrote:I know of a kid that was going to UK as a preferred walk-on that played in the Kentucky/Tennessee all-star game a few years back. He was a Mr. Football finalist and everything, but got sh*t on with playing time due to politics. It happens.

exactly
Ky beat the **** out of Indiana yesterday in the 2 game, I believe they won by 39, they showed highlights of Miller and Slone on the Lville news.
How many did Slone end up with? I hope him and Miller work good together, and can do some awesome things at UK.
[quote=100%SUCCESS]How many did Slone end up with?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well when you have Shelvin Mack, Scotty Hopson, and Darius Miller playing the 1-3 positions, Slone isn't going to get much playing time.
So that would pretty much validate that he won't ever see the floor at UK because these are the players that UK is going to recruit.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:So that would pretty much validate that he won't ever see the floor at UK because these are the players that UK is going to recruit.

You say that Landon will never see the floor because these are the players UK is going to recruit. But Miller was the only player that went to UK out Mack and Hopson. Hopson committed to Tennessee and Mack committed to Butler and of course Landon is at UK.
-STAT- Wrote:You say that Landon will never see the floor because these are the players UK is going to recruit. But Miller was the only player that went to UK out Mack and Hopson. Hopson committed to Tennessee and Mack committed to Butler and of course Landon is at UK.
I was aware of where these kids were playing. I was just talking to the degree of their abilities. These are D-1 scholarship players. Everyone in the country wanted Miller and Hopson. I was just simply saying these are the type of kids that a D-1 program is going to try to mold their program around and I was saying he won't see much time at UK if he isn't even getting to play on a summer All-Star Team made up of high school kids.
Neither did John Pelphrey but I believe his jersey is hanging in the rafters at Rupp. I think Landon is overlooked as well. He will play at KY.
If he works hard he should get a chance to play at UK.
crazyfan4 Wrote:Slone is going to Kentucky, the politics would be in his favor. Slone is a good player, but i just dont see him playing much or any at Kentucky. I see him transferring in a year.

Be careful what you might say!!! Slone can play anywhere, given the chance. He did not get the chance to play in the all-star game. You need to think about giving someone a chance to show they can play at KY before you voice how you feel.
Basketball Mommy Wrote:Be careful what you might say!!! Slone can play anywhere, given the chance. He did not get the chance to play in the all-star game. You need to think about giving someone a chance to show they can play at KY before you voice how you feel.
I wouldn't go as far as he could play anywhere. He didn't have a single D-1 offer and that's why he walked-on at UK. So I wouldn't make a bold statement like he could play anywhere when the facts don't support it. Not trying to knock the kid or anything but weren't there some better players than Slone in the All-Star game? Did Mr. Basketball play in the game? I knew Hopson was going to but I didn't know if Miller would play.
Basketball Mommy Wrote:Be careful what you might say!!! Slone can play anywhere, given the chance. He did not get the chance to play in the all-star game. You need to think about giving someone a chance to show they can play at KY before you voice how you feel.

He had the chance, he was on the team .. what happened ???