Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elite XC
Just got done watching this on CBS where Kimbo Slice made his primetime television debut defeating James Thompson by TKO in the main event. Pretty decent fight overall. Kimbo busting Thompson's califlower ear basically won him the match. Kimbo needs to really work on his mat skills if he wants to continue his sucess. This got him into trouble throughout the fight.

Other fights had:
Brett Rogers defeating Jon Murphy
Joey Villasenor defeating Phil Baroni
Gina Carano defeating Kaitlin Young (this one almost stole the show IMO)
Robbie Lawler defeating Scott Smtih (excellent fight till it was stopped early)
bearsfan_54 Wrote:Just got done watching this on CBS where Kimbo Slice made his primetime television debut defeating James Thompson by TKO in the main event. Pretty decent fight overall. Kimbo busting Thompson's califlower ear basically won him the match. Kimbo needs to really work on his mat skills if he wants to continue his sucess. This got him into trouble throughout the fight.

Other fights had:
Brett Rogers defeating Jon Murphy
Joey Villasenor defeating Phil Baroni
Gina Carano defeating Kaitlin Young (this one almost stole the show IMO)
Robbie Lawler defeating Scott Smtih (excellent fight till it was stopped early)

Kimbo may have won the fight but he got his butt kicked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Kimbo isn't going to last very long. He is another Tank Abbott, but will not have as much success as Abbott did.
Is it just me or was both of the two feature fights stopped early? Smith had Lawler beat, and Thompson was making great progress....also, I'd hate to see Kaitlin Young's eye in the morning, lol....that fight was the best one of the night. Decent card overall, and hopefully all the hype about Kimbo will will be put to rest for a while....
His ground work has some holes in it but it's better than i thought it would be.
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Is it just me or was both of the two feature fights stopped early? Smith had Lawler beat, and Thompson was making great progress....also, I'd hate to see Kaitlin Young's eye in the morning, lol....that fight was the best one of the night. Decent card overall, and hopefully all the hype about Kimbo will will be put to rest for a while....

I agree completely.
I completely missed this. But from what ESPN portrayed of it, Kimbo won decently. But from what is being said on here, Kimbo didn't do that good. But, I still think Kimbo is a beast, lol.
Kimbo is a joke. Thompson was a washed up Pride fighter..I'd love to see Kimbo fight somebody who isnt 10 years past their prime..put him in the octagon against Mir, Sylvia, Nogueria, or any of the top 20 heavyweights in the UFC and see how long the big thug lasts. Put him against Lesnar. That would be interesting. Im thinking he's the perfect victim to resurrect Cro Cops career. I'd love to see Cro Cop land one of those massive kicks right in the gold grill of Kimbo. On the other hand, Im glad I got to see Robbie Lawler fight again. Hadnt seen him fight since he fought Diaz (very entertaining fight)..Im waiting on the Faber/Pulver fight on VS tonight though..that ones gonna be fun..