Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents pray, as 11 year old girl dies of diabetes
WESTON, Wisconsin (AP) -- Two parents who prayed as their 11-year-old daughter died of untreated diabetes were charged Monday with second-degree reckless homicide.

Family and friends had urged Dale and Leilani Neumann to get help for their daughter, but the father considered the illness "a test of faith" and the mother never considered taking the girl to the doctor because she thought her daughter was under a "spiritual attack," the criminal complaint said.

"It is very surprising, shocking that she wasn't allowed medical intervention," Marathon County District Attorney Jill Falstad said. "Her death could have been prevented."

Madeline Neumann died March 23 -- Easter Sunday -- at her family's rural Weston home. Her parents were told the body would be taken to Madison for an autopsy the next day.

"They responded, 'You won't need to do that. She will be alive by then,"' the medical examiner wrote in a report.

An autopsy determined that Madeline died from undiagnosed diabetic ketoacidosis, which left her with too little insulin in her body. Court records said she likely had some symptoms of the disease for months.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/28/pray...index.html

I wonder why it never occurred to them that modern medicine was the answer to their prayers. Some people just amaze me with thier ridiculous stupidity.
Can someone please change the title of the thread, It should say Parents pray, as 11 year old girl dies of diabetes
Title is fixed.

And yes those parents do deserve jail time.
I absolutely agree with both of you, and they absolutely deserve jail time. I believe in prayer, but those parents werent the ones who were going through the pain and suffering that eventually cost the girl her life. Now let them sit in a prison cell for a long time and think about what idiots they are.
I was flipping through the channels last night and seen this story on Nancy Grace. Totally agree that the parents deserve a lot of jail time for this. Unreal that they didn't get her any medical help.
I've never really understood the idea that seeking medical help is a lack of faith. In the Bible, Paul told Timothy to "take a little wine for your stomach's sake". At that time, alcohol was used medicinally so what Paul was urging him to do was to use medicine to treat some stomach problem he had. I'm pretty sure both Paul and Timothy had plenty of faith.
Unbelievable. I hope that they don't have any more children. I'm sure if it was one of them that they would have gone to the hospital. Praying does wonders, but God expects us to take care of ourselves also. Grr on them. They're so ignorant
God expects us to pray to Him when we are faced with adversity, but He never told us to abstain from medical treatment.

These nuts seem to have forgotten that a book of the Bible, one of the Gospels of the New Testament, was written by a physician named Luke.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This reminds me of the snake handlers who refuse treatment when they get bitten.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-STAT- Wrote:I was flipping through the channels last night and seen this story on Nancy Grace. Totally agree that the parents deserve a lot of jail time for this. Unreal that they didn't get her any medical help.
Stat, Since you stopped flipping channels and actually watched Nancy Grace, I will pray for You...you need it.

Smile
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Stat, Since you stopped flipping channels and actually watched Nancy Grace, I will pray for You...you need it.

Smile

haha, yeah I am a big watcher of the news but I never watch Nancy Grace just only in this cse cause the story caught my eye. But she is a complete idiot but I do thank you for the prayers Fox, lol.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Stat, Since you stopped flipping channels and actually watched Nancy Grace, I will pray for You...you need it.

Smile
Go ahead and send prayers my way as well. I tend to watch her program quite often. I hate the woman, but she's the only person that believes in news other than the Presidential Election.
The more i think about this, the term natural selection comes to mind. Let them keep praying when they get sick. Then they will be gone...
I am encouraged by the show of faith, but am astounded at their lack of wisdom. God gave us the earth and all the elements in it, and instructed us to have dominion over it. It's okay for us to use medicinal things to heal. It's wise to do so when in need.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The more i think about this, the term natural selection comes to mind. Let them keep praying when they get sick. Then they will be gone...

Natural Selection doesn't seem to work too well based on evidence. Christians have been around for 2000 years through persecution and good times. The faith has multiplied and prayer has reportedly worked as well as documented miracles of faith.

However, for the theory of evolution and natural selection - which came through one man's idea - it has great holes in it that allow for no real basis other than bias assumption of scientific evidence.
BaseballMan Wrote:Natural Selection doesn't seem to work too well based on evidence.

Oh it works. The strong survive while the weak die. Those parents did nothign while their child laid dying. Now they have no offspring so that means their gene pool will die with them. NATURAL SELECTION.