Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsworld (KCC) Wins Sportsplex BCI 17U AAU Tournament
Sportsworld (KCC Players) won the BCI 17 and under AAU tody at the Knott County Sportsplex...Sportsworld began ply Saturday morning bys beating the 56 district all-star team by 1, the KY Heat (South Laurel) by double digits and beat the Heat again today by around 20. Sportsworld then beat Hazard by 10 in championship game.
well congrats tto them.
RavenBoy Wrote:well congrats tto them.
Ths SportsWorld team looked great. The players are Stewart Stamper, Braxton Ratliff Tate Cox Garrison Collins , Lewis Collins Brent Hall. and Richard Caudill. Hazard had most of their players and called Whitaker to come help. They never got closer than 3 points and ended up losing by 10. Congrats to Sports World
Man....how good did cox and stamper look in the backcourt? Great....ratlif played well....Collins Hall n Caudil all done an awsome job inside.....they outplayed Hazards bigs.. All three had numerous offensive putbacks.....
This is not KCC. It is KCC and JBS (Collins). Collins was the factor in the game vs the 56 District team, getting numerous 'and ones'. Charles and Cackling not outmatched by the Sportsworld backcourt by any means, just not quite enough in the paint.

The 56ers were looking forward to a rematch today but ended up minus half their team today due to sports awards.
ARC Wrote:This is not KCC. It is KCC and JBS (Collins). Collins was the factor in the game vs the 56 District team, getting numerous 'and ones'. Charles and Cackling not outmatched by the Sportsworld backcourt by any means, just not quite enough in the paint.

The 56ers were looking forward to a rematch today but ended up minus half their team today due to sports awards.
the56ers got beat by Hazard. They didn't make it for a rematch. Sports world only had 6 players when they played the 56ers . Surely you had that many players.
And I'm sure that since that the tourney was played in Knott County, the sportsworld team didn't get any calls either right!!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:And I'm sure that since that the tourney was played in Knott County, the sportsworld team didn't get any calls either right!!
Right!! really that excuse is worn out.
timeout Wrote:the56ers got beat by Hazard. They didn't make it for a rematch. Sports world only had 6 players when they played the 56ers . Surely you had that many players.

Sportsworld had their top 5 players when the 56ers played 'em. Caudill didn't play, but I think that pretty much everyone else did.

The 56ers only returned with two of their starting 5 on Sunday, and really didn't have much of a chance without any of their post players. They did beat the Ky Cardinals by 35 or so before losing to Hazard.

Sportsworld is a good team, especially with both of the Collins boys to battle on the boards.

Hopefully their will be a rematch in the future. Congrats to Sportsworld.
ARC Wrote:Sportsworld had their top 5 players when the 56ers played 'em. Caudill didn't play, but I think that pretty much everyone else did.

The 56ers only returned with two of their starting 5 on Sunday, and really didn't have much of a chance without any of their post players. They did beat the Ky Cardinals by 35 or so before losing to Hazard.

Sportsworld is a good team, especially with both of the Collins boys to battle on the boards.

Hopefully their will be a rematch in the future. Congrats to Sportsworld.
Looking forward to it. They will always have 6 to 7 players and Caudill is missed when he can't play. You obviouslly don't know the team very well.
If Collins come to Kcc then looks to me like Kcc will be the contender in the 14th
Collins will be at LCC or JBS.
UKisN1 Wrote:Collins will be at LCC or JBS.
In your dreams. No way is he going to LCC
bleedblue Wrote:If Collins come to Kcc then looks to me like Kcc will be the contender in the 14th

More correctly, if Cox, Hall and the Collins brothers are at KCC, then KCC (or any other team in the 14th region) should be contenders.
jumpshot Wrote:In your dreams. No way is he going to LCC
No dreams, only deal in reality.
ARC Wrote:More correctly, if Cox, Hall and the Collins brothers are at KCC, then KCC (or any other team in the 14th region) should be contenders.

Cox and Hall both are for sure at KCC.
But the big question, can they get eligible? Going to be rough getting them able to play. Especially if JBS dresses out a team.
UKisN1 Wrote:No dreams, only deal in reality.

If he wants to be eligible he will attend JBS if they have a team or LCC if they do not have a team at JBS. If JBS does not have a team he will only be eligible in the district in which he lives. Which is LCC.
thegr81 Wrote:If he wants to be eligible he will attend JBS if they have a team or LCC if they do not have a team at JBS. If JBS does not have a team he will only be eligible in the district in which he lives. Which is LCC.

LCC and KCC are in the same district.
The SCHOOL DISTRICT he is in is Letcher Central, that would be where he would have to go, not anywhere in the 53rd district. But all this talk is for nothing, because JBS is having a team, so now he either has to play with them, sit out his senior year, or his parents will have to move into KNOTT COUNTIES SCHOOL DISTRICT.
When they said that you are elgible within your district, they did not mean district in terms of basketball; they meant within their own school district. Garrison is in the Letcher County School District. That is the only school he will be elgible to play at.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:The SCHOOL DISTRICT he is in is Letcher Central, that would be where he would have to go, not anywhere in the 53rd district. But all this talk is for nothing, because JBS is having a team, so now he either has to play with them, sit out his senior year, or his parents will have to move into KNOTT COUNTIES SCHOOL DISTRICT.
He will not go to LCC.
Aristotle Wrote:LCC and KCC are in the same district.

School district!!!! not 55th or whatever district they are in basketball!!!!
jumpshot Wrote:He will not go to LCC.

What makes you so sure of this? He has played summer ball with them before. It's less than 10 minutes away for him. According to the eligibility rule it's the only school he would be able to play at. He has friends and family there. The basketball team is willing to welcome him onto their team. They are going to be one of the top competitors for the 14th region title next year.... He was up there the other day looking around at the school. So what makes you so sure he won't?
jumpshot Wrote:He will not go to LCC.

I'd like to know where you get your facts!

Could you please tell me why Collins played summer ball there last year?
Or why he was on campus taking a tour of the school and looking around the gym?

Also, tell me why he wouldn't go to LCC being as he lives in Letcher County??

TongueirateSho
He has also toured 4 other schools in the 14th region and a couple in the 15th. He won't be able to go to any of them other than JBS, unless his parents move, so I guess they are on the tours to try and find the best place for them to "move" and call home. I'm sure they will pick a nice place.