Poll: Was EVE the first female?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
No
12.50%
I really don't know now
12.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Bible. Was EVE the first female?
Here is why I ask this.

Genesis Chapter 1:

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis Chapter 2:

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

So this is why I ask this question....kinda makes you wonder. :confused:
I've studied this passage and I agree its a great question. I think it was Eve that the scripture refers to.
Yes. I believe she was
of course
Yes, she was.
Yes, Chapter 2 is simple explaining how she came about.
Crossbones Wrote:Yes, Chapter 2 is simple explaining how she came about.

That makes sense.
I can't see how she could not be the first female?
She was not the first woman but she was Adams wife and companion. God had made Man/Woman prior to Adam and Eve. it says so in the bible.. Just like it is read and printed. Genesis chapter 1 he created Man. Genesis 2 he created Adam and Eve.
This would prove how Cain was able to marry and how other marriages were able to be. No incest allowed in that time, so this explains it. Just like the Jews were the chosen ones to enter into the kingdom of GOD,,, they chose to reject his son as the Mesiah and therefor GOD allowed the gentiles to enter into heaven.. Adam was the chosen, the first Jew, the first chosen of the people of God, they were special, God made them as the chosen people. The gentiles were the people he created first- both man and woman.(Humans- just us.)
Then he looked upon the earth and decided to make the chosen- ADAM at which he made EVE his companion. This was why the Tempter was focused on them , he wanted the best of Gods creation to prove that God had wasted his time and that they (Adam and Eve) were no better than his creation of man. Why was the Tempter in the Garden of Eden anyway. God made it as a paradise, why was the tempter there????? The same reason that he was allowed to torment JOB,, God allowed him to be there. Adam was the chosen and did not face the tempter becasue the tempter knew he would be rejected by Gods chosen.... So therfore he went to the companion of Gods chosen and tempted there. It worked and Adam was punished for it.

The second Adam was Jesus, the truth the light the way. Let no man enter into my fathers kingdom except thru me. Unlike the first companion, Mary was not corrupted and even though that she was not JESUS' wife or anything like that, she was the first one he spoke to when resurected.Interesting huh!!!

Now to stop here and go no further,, EVE was Adams companion, created from him, for him by the love of GOD.
Not the first woman....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "