Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All District versus All Tournament
thoughts on this? I think if they are going to give all district do it after the season at a banquet or something not at the dist. tournament if it's based on season play. they should still have all tournament in my opinion. And here is my reasoning.... all Phelps players played well in the district but IMO 2 players that played exceptionally well were not recognized as they now have no all-tournament team. All you guys keep up the hard work cause I'm assuming they have all-tournament for the regional. I'd like to hear some other thoughts on this..
In the 56th I'm pretty sure that the 'all District' team honors go to the players who performed the best in the district tourney....NOT the regular season.
That was how I took the "All District" distinction! I didn't take it as for the whole year!
cant say about the others but the 60th is for the season for a fact
59th gave both all season team and all tournament team.........I think the 60th should have done the same....
The "All District" team is supposed to be based on how players preformed in the district games only. If two district teams matched up in the season in a tourney, that game isnt supposed to pull weight on who makes the all district team. The "all tourney" is how a player preforms in the tourney, not counting any other game. So you could have a player that struggled in the district games, but played very well in the tourney make the all tourney team but not the all district team. Just the same as a player play good in the district games but have a off night in the tourney. They would make one team but not the other.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
true2blue Wrote:59th gave both all season team and all tournament team.........I think the 60th should have done the same....

good idea,i agree
HORNET POWER Wrote:good idea,i agree

Could someone, who really knows, explain how this all district team is selected. Is it by the team's coach or all the coaches in the district. I've never really understood it.
hohoho Wrote:Could someone, who really knows, explain how this all district team is selected. Is it by the team's coach or all the coaches in the district. I've never really understood it.
The all district teams are selected by the coaches in the districts. As a coach, you cant vote for players on your team, only players on the other teams. The all tourney teams are selected by the media.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.