Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co 65 - Owsley Co 62
Cackling hit a trey at the buzzer. Hard fought game.
I honestly think owsley out played the neers....congrats estill
Congrats Estill
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I honestly think owsley out played the neers....congrats estill
For over half the game you are right - but the neers won by 10 in the second half.
Have to look at the glass half full. Neers live to fight another day.
Christopher 28 points 7 assists
Cackling 19 points 5 assists
what a game....Christopher was awesome tonight..what a birthday present.Estill never gave up!! I am so proud looking forward to the finals.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I honestly think owsley out played the neers....congrats estill

I do agree with you in a way but in my opinion, from what time he played, Kenton Roberts really gave it his all. A huge impression coming from a freshman, or any level for that matter.
RedSox_#1 Wrote:I do agree with you in a way but in my opinion, from what time he played, Kenton Roberts really gave it his all. A huge impression coming from a freshman, or any level for that matter.

Kenton is the best freshman in the 56th..He always gives it his all. The Owls played a great game but the win goes to the Engineers they never gave up and they gave there all...Way to go guys!!
RedSox_#1 Wrote:I do agree with you in a way but in my opinion, from what time he played, Kenton Roberts really gave it his all. A huge impression coming from a freshman, or any level for that matter.
More than gave it his all...He carried the engineers defensively all night.
I am so pround of the Engineers tonight..They showed what they are made of!!
Wow, alot closer than I excepted....Congrats Estill.
Alot closer than what I expected! Congrats Neers!
Congrats Estill... Congrats Owsley on playing such a good game.
cheerforblue Wrote:Kenton is the best freshman in the 56th..He always gives it his all. The Owls played a great game but the win goes to the Engineers they never gave up and they gave there all...Way to go guys!!

Kenton Roberts is IMO the BEST without question Freshman athlete in not only in the 56th but in Eastern Ky. He was a 1000 yard rusher in football as well as good defensive player, played out of position IMO, and a pretty good bball player. I was not at the game but the score is suprising. I thought Estill would win by 30+.
Great high school bball game. Couldn't have scripted the ending any better. I was at the game and it looked like Estill came out thinking they done won. Great team though. Christopher can play. I tip my hat to #55 on the Owls. He is a player. He hit a trey from the second row....lol. He kinda looked like he played out of control, but that must be his style. I really enjoyed the game.
This was definitely one of the best games I've ever seen. Perfect ending like Blitz said. Christopher had a heck of a game and Evans was wonderful on the other end for Owsley. Sad to see Owsley had to lose after they played their best game all season last night. Congrats Estill.
How many points did Evans have?
Godspeed Wrote:How many points did Evans have?
24 pointsCool
blitz43 Wrote:Great high school bball game. Couldn't have scripted the ending any better. I was at the game and it looked like Estill came out thinking they done won. Great team though. Christopher can play. I tip my hat to #55 on the Owls. He is a player. He hit a trey from the second row....lol. He kinda looked like he played out of control, but that must be his style. I really enjoyed the game.
#55 is a sophomore, Devan Evans. He played a nice game last night, scoring 24 points and breaking Estill down on defense a lot. He penatrated and hit McIntosh for some good baskets. Evans played mostly on the JV for the 1st half of the season but saw much more action on the varsity since January.
Congrats to Coach Tiller and the Engineers:letsparty
Congrats To Estill!! Owls We Are Proud Of You All, Really Hard Fought Game.....the Owls Live To Fight Another Day !!!!! Coach Noble Has A Hungry Young Team Coming Next Season And They Like To Win!!! I Expect Great Things Out Of This Up Coming Team, They Really Have Good Chemistry!!!!!!
uk hoops Wrote:Congrats To Estill!! Owls We Are Proud Of You All, Really Hard Fought Game.....the Owls Live To Fight Another Day !!!!! Coach Noble Has A Hungry Young Team Coming Next Season And They Like To Win!!! I Expect Great Things Out Of This Up Coming Team, They Really Have Good Chemistry!!!!!!

I agree with you UK Hoops!!! Congratulations to Estill, you played a heck of a game. Good luck in the championshiop game. Thanks Owls for the season. I know your record was not impressive, but the scores for the second part of the season shows a growth and a bright future. Thanks for a great season and I look forward to another great season next year.
movin up Wrote:Congrats to Coach Tiller and the Engineers:letsparty

do you know where Tiller is from?
blitz43 Wrote:do you know where Tiller is from?

I think he played high school ball at Montgomery County... not sure though.
Congrats to both teams on a great game.
I was fortunate to be there for this one. Glad I went. Congrats Estill! And the Owls have nothing to hang their heads about. If you have to go out on a loss, I can't think of any better way to go out than this game.
Owsley played their best game of the season but came up short. Good win Neers. Great game by Blake Christopher. Looked like the Owls might pull out an upset like last year, but they lost the second half big time and it hurt em in the end. Good luck in the finals Engineers.
Congrats Estill Co.
Too bad it couldn't have been Owsley and Estill in the finals Sat. night!!
I thought it was great game. Both teams played great. But Estill did a good job coming in after that bad first half. The players on both teams played really good.