Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th In Game Show Down
Just wanted to commend the squads on a great night of cheerleading . Regardless of who wins the In Game Trophy, at the end of the day what counts is that the girls did a great job of leading their fans, and teams on to victory and supported them if they lost. Cheerleaders in whole ROCK and seldom get the credit they deserve. They work their butts off, their parents work hard and tonight I thought it showed in every level for every team. Great job girls! Keep up that cheerleading spirit!

IMO I thought EC looked sharp and did a lot more crowd type cheers....they added some fun new stuff to their usual routines. PC looked better than usual at games....they all had their hair fixed and matching bows :Cheerlead ( why they don't do that every game is a mystery to me) and they looked sharp. I commend Owsley for their efforts too and saw some good tumbles from them and Lee looked good as well. They were sharp too and had nice tumbles. Good job all around ladies.
Powell County won in game competition. Estill came in second.

Estill wins region in traditional competition
Powell County gets the video bid
Estill County 5th in state.
Powell County 4th in state.

Powell County wins the in game competition.
After watching both of these teams several times this year, it is clear to me that Estill County has more talent. I can't understand why Powell has placed higher than
Estill on the past two occasions (state and in-game). I think Estill has great tumbling and some great stunting. I guess they are not as clean in their routines. Also, I am not a fan or family member of these two teams.
the sharpness of the dance is how powell scored higher at state.
estill is region champs & district champs.
powell is "in-game champs"? ..(i guess thats what u'd call it.)
as the in-game goes...haha its called some old fashion "home cookin'"..lol
we'll get'em next year.

cheerleading is important & all but Im glad it ended the way it did. Id much rather our boys to when district then cheerleaders when a lil ingame thingy. Boys we are so proud of you!!! Show'em what the 56th is made of at regions!!
loves2cheer Wrote:the sharpness of the dance is how powell scored higher at state.
estill is region champs & district champs.
powell is "in-game champs"? ..(i guess thats what u'd call it.)
as the in-game goes...haha its called some old fashion "home cookin'"..lol
we'll get'em next year.

cheerleading is important & all but Im glad it ended the way it did. Id much rather our boys to when district then cheerleaders when a lil ingame thingy. Boys we are so proud of you!!! Show'em what the 56th is made of at regions!!

Yea home cookin???? That was judged by KAPOS and we had no clue who the judges were. Grow up everyone...Estill is an awesome team great tumbling and over the top stunts but cheerleading isn't all about that cheerleading is about being peppy and happy and clean!!! Also with happy faces....I don't care who won what...They are both GREAT teams. Estill won regions and 5th at state. Powell got 4th at state and In-game...they are great teams just drop it all....
loves2cheer Wrote:cheerleading is important & all but Im glad it ended the way it did. Id much rather our boys to when district then cheerleaders when a lil ingame thingy. Boys we are so proud of you!!! Show'em what the 56th is made of at regions!!

This "lil in game thingy" is what cheerleading is all about. That is how the sport got started. LEADING CHEERS! Cheering games should be #1 priority. After that, then worry about competitions. You should be able to do the basics before throwing yourself out there just worrying about a trophy.
we've already done our part -- regions & districts.
we cheered our boys on at the game and helped them lead them to a victory over powell.

we done our job. they did theirs
enough said. estill is proud.
loves2cheer Wrote:we've already done our part -- regions & districts.
we cheered our boys on at the game and helped them lead them to a victory over powell.

And Powell is proud of Estill...Powell did their part to....In game and 4th at state so how about we drop this and move on...?????? That was the past this is the future....:mad:
loves2cheer Wrote:we've already done our part -- regions & districts.

Powell is proud also. They cheered the girls on to victory, got higher in state, and won the in-game competion.
If in game competitions are so important and relevent to cheerleading then they should be judged all throughout the season at ramdon games not on just one night. To me the competition just fuels the fires of competitiveness among the squads and defeats the whole standard of cheerleading. The squads should be focused on CHEERING FOR THEIR TEAMS instead of impressing judges on that one night. For example: When Powell County was being judged they were sharp, clean, and dressed well, etc. for the most part. At every other game all season their hair has been sloppy, their cheers not together, they had drinks and cell phones on the sidelines...no bows matched, etc. Estill, lee and Owsley always looked uniform, always cheered hard and led their schools in fun, good mannered ways.
I am just referring to the post that said the in game was very important and how the sport got started, etc. If that is so, then every team needs to cheer to the utmost of their ability all season long....not just at one game. It's just not a fair way to tell what team is best. Lee and Owsley have great cheerleaders but I feel they get overlooked b/c their smaller and etc. But, they cheer their hearts out for their teams!!
I could ramble on forever....and if any powell county cheerleader would like to dispute the negative things I have said about them on here, ( stringy hair, no matching bows, drinks on the stage, etc):mad: then they can..but they know it's true. I did like their pirate get ups though, but still can't believe their coach allowed them to cheer in dangle hoop earrings. Such a risk.
getchagameon Wrote:If in game competitions are so important and relevent to cheerleading then they should be judged all throughout the season at ramdon games not on just one night. To me the competition just fuels the fires of competitiveness among the squads and defeats the whole standard of cheerleading. The squads should be focused on CHEERING FOR THEIR TEAMS instead of impressing judges on that one night. For example: When Powell County was being judged they were sharp, clean, and dressed well, etc. for the most part. At every other game all season their hair has been sloppy, their cheers not together, they had drinks and cell phones on the sidelines...no bows matched, etc. Estill, lee and Owsley always looked uniform, always cheered hard and led their schools in fun, good mannered ways.
I am just referring to the post that said the in game was very important and how the sport got started, etc. If that is so, then every team needs to cheer to the utmost of their ability all season long....not just at one game. It's just not a fair way to tell what team is best. Lee and Owsley have great cheerleaders but I feel they get overlooked b/c their smaller and etc. But, they cheer their hearts out for their teams!!
I could ramble on forever....and if any powell county cheerleader would like to dispute the negative things I have said about them on here, ( stringy hair, no matching bows, drinks on the stage, etc):mad: then they can..but they know it's true. I did like their pirate get ups though, but still can't believe their coach allowed them to cheer in dangle hoop earrings. Such a risk.

I want to add something....I am sure PC always cheers hard for their teams. I didn't mean to imply that they didn't. They love their Pirates and always cheer them on.
getchagameon Wrote:If in game competitions are so important and relevent to cheerleading then they should be judged all throughout the season at ramdon games not on just one night. To me the competition just fuels the fires of competitiveness among the squads and defeats the whole standard of cheerleading. The squads should be focused on CHEERING FOR THEIR TEAMS instead of impressing judges on that one night. For example: When Powell County was being judged they were sharp, clean, and dressed well, etc. for the most part. At every other game all season their hair has been sloppy, their cheers not together, they had drinks and cell phones on the sidelines...no bows matched, etc. Estill, lee and Owsley always looked uniform, always cheered hard and led their schools in fun, good mannered ways.

Well, thats the way things are. They are judged for one night. Why? I don't know. But it would probably be better if they did do it for the whole season.
yeah, it would make more sense to me...but what do I know?

I also wish Pep bands got some recongition at games...they are great and add so much to the atmosphere.

:o
getchagameon Wrote:If in game competitions are so important and relevent to cheerleading then they should be judged all throughout the season at ramdon games not on just one night.

I agree. I don't think it is all that fair if everyone knows when to do their best. They should do their best and what they are supposed to do and each and every game. I think judges should be sent out and random games through-out the season. Then it would be fair. I do agree with you on that.

And no, I was not putting down any certain team. It has always been my opinion that the in-game competition should mean more than others. If it weren't for ball games, there would not be cheerleaders. Cheerleading has developed and evolved to become competitive, but that isn't what its all about.

Wow...this post has me absolutley speechless....Powell cheerleaders always look good from what I have seen and heard. And its funny how you want to bash on them for how they wear their hair and for wearing a dangly earing....FYI the dangly earings were clip on they weren't real earings and most girls ended up taking theirs out....Everyone needs to grow up and stop bashing on Powell County for winning...If I would sit here and say everything I needed to say I am almost positive that it would **** a bunch of people off on here....:mad:
thanks for noticing the positive comments there, Stride 2 ( or is this your mom, again) there were some good things said in my post if you would care to read it again....

anyway....I wasn't :bashing" so don't get so defensive I was just stating the obvious and the facts. It's no big deal really....no one really cares that much about that cheer team....but when they or their fans get on here and talk bad about other teams it's hard to sit back and take it all the time. I was just saying that when they know they are being judged, they do their best, but otherwise they seem to relax a bit. It's just not a fair judgement of teams. Powell, Estill, Owsley, Lee....or heck...any team for that matter. I bet Dunbar even relaxes when not being judged....although I doubt it.

And...if one of them got hurt b/c of the earrings..dangle or not...the school could have been liable for it and insurance would not have covered it if they had to be taken to the hospital for stitches or to have their ears sewed back on. It could happen, so why take chances? That is what I meant by risky and couldn't believe their coach would let them do it knowing it violated National Federation Guidelines.

Have a nice day, Stride....go take a walk and blow off some of that steam!! :thatsfunn
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I agree. I don't think it is all that fair if everyone knows when to do their best. They should do their best and what they are supposed to do and each and every game. I think judges should be sent out and random games through-out the season. Then it would be fair. I do agree with you on that.

And no, I was not putting down any certain team. It has always been my opinion that the in-game competition should mean more than others. If it weren't for ball games, there would not be cheerleaders. Cheerleading has developed and evolved to become competitive, but that isn't what its all about.

SRY, Central Cheer Chick...didn't mean to say you were putting anyone down. I agree with your posts, too. Smile

And im sure you was at every game for every team this season...??? DOUBT IT
i love how stride always has something negative to say.
and getchagameon i agree with you 100%
getchagameon Wrote:thanks for noticing the positive comments there, Stride 2 ( or is this your mom, again) there were some good things said in my post if you would care to read it again....

anyway....I wasn't :bashing" so don't get so defensive I was just stating the obvious and the facts. It's no big deal really....no one really cares that much about that cheer team....but when they or their fans get on here and talk bad about other teams it's hard to sit back and take it all the time. I was just saying that when they know they are being judged, they do their best, but otherwise they seem to relax a bit. It's just not a fair judgement of teams. Powell, Estill, Owsley, Lee....or heck...any team for that matter. I bet Dunbar even relaxes when not being judged....although I doubt it.

And...if one of them got hurt b/c of the earrings..dangle or not...the school could have been liable for it and insurance would not have covered it if they had to be taken to the hospital for stitches or to have their ears sewed back on. It could happen, so why take chances? That is what I meant by risky and couldn't believe their coach would let them do it knowing it violated National Federation Guidelines.

Have a nice day, Stride....go take a walk and blow off some of that steam!! :thatsfunn

Can you not read??? I put those earings were CLIP ONS!!!! They weren't through our ears.....
This thread has turned ridiculous and needs to be closed.... all you people want to do is bash each other and toss insults around! Grow up.... it is a game!
This thread has gotten way out of hand. Everyone needs to relax. If a post offends you then report it to a staff member and one of us will resolve the situation, there is no need to make snappy comments back and forth. Do you all know how immature that makes you guys look?

Do you know how immature that makes THIS SITE look? Keep in mind, when you post you are representing yourself, your school, and this site.

When something gets you fired up it's always good to walk away from the computer for a couple minutes and cool off before making any response. We can all get caught up in the heat of the moment and say things that are out of line.

Just take a couple minutes, microwave a Hot Pocket, have a drink or something and then respond in a civil manner or contact a staff member.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]