Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Steele Quit Belfry?
I heard that he walked off the floor in front of Casey...
Man if this is true, Belfry sure is taking some hits to their team and postseason chances latley....
Justin Steele is no longer a Pirate. Confirmation came from the coach.
Don't know the whole story but I hate to see players put there selves before others... Its a team effort that wins game not an individual one.
Just another example of a player's selfishness that has taken over HS athletics in today's culture.

It's the "All About Me" generation and it is sad.
Did he think he wasnt playing enough or not getting enough touches or something? Or was it that the limelight was on someone else when he thought he should be getting it?
Hate to see this because Coach Casey is a great guy and coach and to see a player quit the team this late in the season is really disappointing. Pikeville had a player to leave their team and only because of selfish reasons. Down the road these players will see the mistake they made and wish they had of finished the season. High school basketball is a one shot deal and those of us who got that opportunity wouldn't trade that for anything. Just glad I never left it for some selfish reason. To many mommies and daddies this day and time think they have all the answers and don't realize what damage they do to their child. The easiest thing in a coaches routine is to understand who their starting team should be. Parents have no clue about how much playing time their son or daughter should have in a basketball game.
Selfish player, and wanted it all to himself. You see this more everyday now days. Kids just don't love the game like they used to. Hate to see he made this decision especially late in the year and in his senior season. Retarded decision but belfry has to move on. Tournament play is here and this loss will def hurt the pirates.