Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville falls short
The Pikveille Panthers Baseball team lost tonight to the Corbin Redhounds 9-1 in the Sectional Baseball Tournament.

Pikeville ends the season with a record of 33-8
Congrats to the Redhound, I hope they can continue their strong play at state.
Though this was probably the 3rd best team that Coach Lawson has had at Pikeville in his 8 seasons as head coach they did set a school record for wins in a season. Though Coach Lawson coached the 98 and 99 Panthers to the final 8 they were not entirelly his team. He was the coach but all of those players didn't play for Lawson their entire careers, and the 98 and esp. 99 teams were better than this years team. The coaching staff did a great job with this group and they should be very proud of this group of kids that has played for Lawson for 5 years....Pikeville had a great season and has nothing to hang their heads about. They won their 4th region title in the past 8 years. Coach Laswson has built the best high school baseball program in the 15th region and one of the best east of Lexington....I look for them to win many regional titles in the future. Good luck to Corbin at Applebees. The Hounds have a great team that play the game the way it should be played. I hope whoever wins the Boyd-Corbin game wins it all(though very unlikely)and brings the title home to East KY.