Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slama's 15th Top 8
So here is my break down as of 2-9-08

1. Pike Central- Yes I know right now they are on a slow decline from where they were just a month ago. With the two losses and the close game against Belfry I look for Butcher to have these girls ready for battle come Tues Night. That game in general could tell us a lot about how the regional tournament will play out.

2. Johnson Central- Since the murdering that Pike Central put on them in Mid January the Lady Eagles have went 6-0. Out scoring their opponents 369 points to 249. I look for them to make noise come tournament time, we could see a Pike Central, Johnson Central first round match up.

3. Pikeville- I know sounds crazy and we have not heard much on them this season but they have only lost one regional game and that was the first game of the season. Their test will come Monday and Tuesday and the Lady Rebs who gave them their only loss in region play will host the Lady Panthers. Then Tuesday it is Shelby Valley at Pikeville a huge rivalry game and will tell the seeding for the 59th.

4. Paintsville- Struggles early on but now seem to be clicking on all cylinders tonight they walked into Sheldon Clark and handing them a beating which honestly shocked me. They have played very well on the road since 1-4 start.

5. Shelby Valley- The loss of Roberts has really affected Coach Rowe's ball team. At first it looked like they would be fine when they played in the All A Classic but since then have went 2-3 (including the loss to Ballard in the All A state) could it be the curse on winning the 15th region all A? Their tests comes tonight as they go on the road to Phelps and then Monday against Pikeville.

6. Sheldon Clark- Have really went on a decline since their early push. They do not really have any "tough" competition left on their schedule which makes me wonder. Could they get beat out in district, my answer could very well happen and do not be surprised.

Tie 7. (A) Belfry- Really opened my eyes last night with their play against Pike Central. I think that Coach Stiltner finally has her girls on the mend of discipline and has them ready to make a late push. Their tests comes Tuesday for their rematch when they host the Lady Hawks.

(B) Phelps- Has really came a long way since last seasons (5-19) disappointing. I think Coach Vanhoose has his girls to the caliber to compete for a region crown. However, it will be interesting to see how they do on the big scene at the 60th district tournament. Their scores to watch for will be Tonight against Shelby Valley and their last regular season game against Paintsville which is on the road.

From 9 on out I think it is a complete mess. Betsy Layne has a solid record but has not really had any wins that have opened my eyes.

Notable games to watch for are the ones already mentioned and Pike Central will take on Clay County a week from today at Clay.

Feel free to critique I like to see what you all have to say! :rockon:
So if there is a JC/PC first round matchup, who is going in as a loser since two District winners can't play each other first round?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:So here is my break down as of 2-9-08

5. Shelby Valley- Their tests comes tonight as they go on the road to Phelps and then Monday against Pikeville.

they play at valley today at 1
BballFan63 Wrote:So if there is a JC/PC first round matchup, who is going in as a loser since two District winners can't play each other first round?

idk as of now both districts are wide open so either one could
BballFan63 Wrote:So if there is a JC/PC first round matchup, who is going in as a loser since two District winners can't play each other first round?

There won't be two winners facing each other and if they do face each other, that means one of them lost in their District Campionship game. And there cold be a 1st rnd matchup between the two, cause neither has won their District YET.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:So here is my break down as of 2-9-08

1. Pike Central- Yes I know right now they are on a slow decline from where they were just a month ago. With the two losses and the close game against Belfry I look for Butcher to have these girls ready for battle come Tues Night. That game in general could tell us a lot about how the regional tournament will play out.

2. Johnson Central- Since the murdering that Pike Central put on them in Mid January the Lady Eagles have went 6-0. Out scoring their opponents 369 points to 249. I look for them to make noise come tournament time, we could see a Pike Central, Johnson Central first round match up.

3. Pikeville- I know sounds crazy and we have not heard much on them this season but they have only lost one regional game and that was the first game of the season. Their test will come Monday and Tuesday and the Lady Rebs who gave them their only loss in region play will host the Lady Panthers. Then Tuesday it is Shelby Valley at Pikeville a huge rivalry game and will tell the seeding for the 59th.

4. Paintsville- Struggles early on but now seem to be clicking on all cylinders tonight they walked into Sheldon Clark and handing them a beating which honestly shocked me. They have played very well on the road since 1-4 start.

5. Shelby Valley- The loss of Roberts has really affected Coach Rowe's ball team. At first it looked like they would be fine when they played in the All A Classic but since then have went 2-3 (including the loss to Ballard in the All A state) could it be the curse on winning the 15th region all A? Their tests comes tonight as they go on the road to Phelps and then Monday against Pikeville.

6. Sheldon Clark- Have really went on a decline since their early push. They do not really have any "tough" competition left on their schedule which makes me wonder. Could they get beat out in district, my answer could very well happen and do not be surprised.

Tie 7. (A) Belfry- Really opened my eyes last night with their play against Pike Central. I think that Coach Stiltner finally has her girls on the mend of discipline and has them ready to make a late push. Their tests comes Tuesday for their rematch when they host the Lady Hawks.

(B) Phelps- Has really came a long way since last seasons (5-19) disappointing. I think Coach Vanhoose has his girls to the caliber to compete for a region crown. However, it will be interesting to see how they do on the big scene at the 60th district tournament. Their scores to watch for will be Tonight against Shelby Valley and their last regular season game against Paintsville which is on the road.

From 9 on out I think it is a complete mess. Betsy Layne has a solid record but has not really had any wins that have opened my eyes.

Notable games to watch for are the ones already mentioned and Pike Central will take on Clay County a week from today at Clay.

Feel free to critique I like to see what you all have to say! :rockon:
you have way to much time on your hands
The Fan Wrote:you have way to much time on your hands

ahh i put this together in about 30 min last night at around 1 am lol
sounds good
Ridge Runner Wrote:There won't be two winners facing each other and if they do face each other, that means one of them lost in their District Campionship game. And there cold be a 1st rnd matchup between the two, cause neither has won their District YET.

Ummm. Yes, that's the point I was trying to make.