Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 76 - Knott Central 72
Final.

LCC much needed district win to finish 4-4 in district play! Congrats Cougars!
KCC had won 6 in a row after the mountain classic and had been playing really well, but they couldn't pull out the win tonight. LCC is a team that has surprised me all year long and they continue to do so. Congrats Cougars big win! IMO I think LCC will finish the season strong and be a tough out for someone in the 14th regional tournament. JMO
Great win MEN! LCC is the sleeper IMO in the 14th! Everyone always talks about Hazard/JBS/KCC, but LCC is playing as good as Hazard is right now and a good time to be playing like that. GREAT COACHING JOB COUGARS!!
Congrats LCC Reports tell me it was a not so nice game, alot of tempers flew some blood and a lot of sweat, o'well that a sign of tourey around the corner.Good luck to all teams. :letsparty
This may be one of the most improved teams I have seen at the high school level from the beginning of the year to now. Great job Cougar coaches and players!
Both teams played extremely hard. Banks and Blair led the way for LCC with 18 apiece. Stamper led Knott with 36. Really rough game . Letcher shot 33 freethrows and Knott shot 46. Every possession was hardfought and it was an exciting game right to the finish. High school basketball at it's best
U can never underestimate LCC. Nice Win Cougars!
Very physical game. Both of these teams have improved a ton. LCC has improved and will be a contender if they can make out of a tough district. Which ever 2 teams come out of their district are going to make a run at a regional title. Stamper really impressed me last night, he hit big shot after big shot, he is a warrior. Also Banks from LCCis the most under rated player in the region if not the moutains, he has the heart of a champion and deserves a lot more respect than he gets. Great game and I look forward to watching tis district tourney.
Physical was an understatement! this game was a war! Stamper was impressive, 36 points. He needed to do a little more in the first half to get his team going and they may of pulled out the win.
if kcc had gotten their act together the first half,
the out come of this game would be very different.
just my opinion.
Stamper was outstanding in the clutch. Was playing with touch of stomach flu on top of that. Thought Caudill was tough under boards with 17 rebounds. Mullins played outstanding defense.

Gose and Chase Adams came off bench for LCC to give valuable points and defense. Blair and Banks carried the scoring load.

KCC 9-20 ft% in first half killed them.

A battle in the 53rd each game. Look forward to tourney. I believe these two will definitely have a say in who wins it all.
KCCHS2010 Wrote:if kcc had gotten their act together the first half,
the out come of this game would be very different.
just my opinion.

Yeah, thats a big "If"
Congrats LCC..
much needed win for lcc in a big district game... these two played each other tough the first time not surprised about lcc coming out with the win... could've went either way
Congrats Cougars