Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 players in the 57th for 2005-2006?
Whats your top 5 players in the 57th for next season?

1. Jamie McCarty of Johnson Central (Best Shooter and has crazy hops)
2. Landon Slone of Paintsville ( Can penatrate well, gets points in paint)
3. Brandon May of Sheldon Clark (2 words...Team Reebox)
4. JD Vanhoose of Paintsville
5. Kyle Rice of Johnson Central

I think this list is pretty accurate.
That looks liek a pretty solid list but I think I would switch the order.

1. Landon Slone
2. Brandon May(you have to move him up because of his size and the ability to play the post
3. Jamie McCarty
4. JD VanHoose
5. Kyle Rice but thats not solid.....Many playes could fill this spot....Shane Grimm from Paintsville could be 5 spot as well.
"57th_Paintsville_Fan" Wrote:Whats your top 5 players in the 57th for next season?

1. Jamie McCarty of Johnson Central (Best Shooter and has crazy hops)
2. Landon Slone of Paintsville ( Can penatrate well, gets points in paint)
3. Brandon May of Sheldon Clark (2 words...Team Reebox)
4. JD Vanhoose of Paintsville
5. Kyle Rice of Johnson Central

I think this list is pretty accurate.

Landon by far
Brandon May
Jamie McCarty
Jd vanhoose
Rice
1. Landon Slone/ Jamie McCarty
2. Landon Slone/ Jamie McCarty
3. Brandon May
4. J.D. VanHoose
5. Kyle Rice but numerous others could fill this spot
The top 3 are questionable and either one can be put at #1. All three are there best talent for their team.....Brandon May, Jamie McCarty, and Landon Slone. McCarty elevates his game above the other too and shoots better and a great one on one player. Slone penetrates well and thats how he gets his points. He does it well and gets to the line often...I think he shot almost 200 free throws this past year. May can post up and score or shoot the lights out. He ahs proven his self and it being his last year of high school basketball. These three...........could all be #1. No arguement there.
"ER_Warrior4life" Wrote:The top 3 are questionable and either one can be put at #1. All three are there best talent for their team.....Brandon May, Jamie McCarty, and Landon Slone. McCarty elevates his game above the other too and shoots better and a great one on one player. Slone penetrates well and thats how he gets his points. He does it well and gets to the line often...I think he shot almost 200 free throws this past year. May can post up and score or shoot the lights out. He ahs proven his self and it being his last year of high school basketball. These three...........could all be #1. No arguement there.

Thank you ER. 8)
My point exactly.
1. Landon Slone
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty
"Bill_Don" Wrote:1. Landon Slone
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

8)
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

I love to watch Grimm and Rice play basketball, but there is no way they should be above McCarty. He has proven himself last year as a sophmore and put up big numbers. He has carried his team many games and is a pressence on the court as well as a threat to score. Lots of teams double teamed him last year which left other players to score. No matter is he has an off night...he still helps his team. SO here's the way I see it:
1.) Jamie McCarty / Landon Slone (Their teams rely on them)
2.) Jamie McCarty / Landon Slone
3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

I love to watch Grimm and Rice play basketball, but there is no way they should be above McCarty. He has proven himself last year as a sophmore and put up big numbers. He has carried his team many games and is a pressence on the court as well as a threat to score. Lots of teams double teamed him last year which left other players to score. No matter is he has an off night...he still helps his team. SO here's the way I see it:
3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose

I would agree with moving McCarty up to the #4 spot about rice. How old is McCarty? Isn't he supposed to be a senior? A few years back I played with him and he was in my grade??Grim is better then McCarty simply because he does more. He plays very solid defense. Jamie on the other hand isn't a solid defender. Grim doas all the little things to help his team out. Jamie just shoots. But i will say the eagle team does rely on him, they have to he's their best player. But anyways I really think that kid for SC is an awesome pointgaurd. Jared Crum i think?
"Confessions" Wrote:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose

I would agree with moving McCarty up to the #4 spot about rice. How old is McCarty? Isn't he supposed to be a senior? A few years back I played with him and he was in my grade??Grim is better then McCarty simply because he does more. He plays very solid defense. Jamie on the other hand isn't a solid defender. Grim doas all the little things to help his team out. Jamie just shoots. But i will say the eagle team does rely on him, they have to he's their best player. But anyways I really think that kid for SC is an awesome pointgaurd. Jared Crum i think?

No way.... McCarty is top 2. Grimm is not a better player. :roll:
"Confessions" Wrote:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose

Another question....how old is Brandon May? McCarty staying back was a good decision. He has developed his game greatly and played alot of minutes and started some on JC Varsity as a frosh(The team was mostly Juniors and Seniors) and started this past year and was leading scorer. This was a smart decision IMO. McCarty is 17.
Grimm better than McCarty....is a joke. Grimm make all region team? He does not do more than McCarty.
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
"Confessions" Wrote:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose

Another question....how old is Brandon May? McCarty staying back was a good decision. He has developed his game greatly and played alot of minutes and started some on JC Varsity as a frosh(The team was mostly Juniors and Seniors) and started this past year and was leading scorer. This was a smart decision IMO. McCarty is 17.
Grimm better than McCarty....is a joke. Grimm make all region team? He does not do more than McCarty.

Ur and 57_Paintsville_fan are very close to timing. Shooting wise Mccarty is better. Team wise grim is better, as in he does the little things.
I believe they are all good players and will improve their teams performance throughout the year. Just leave it at that.

-4-
"Confessions" Wrote:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
"Confessions" Wrote:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose

Ur and 57_Paintsville_fan are very close to timing. Shooting wise Mccarty is better. Team wise grim is better, as in he does the little things.

This is meek and there is no way in the world Grimm is better than McCarty. McCarty gets double teamed and sometimes triple teamed. One other thing.......When Grimm hits his free throws, you let me know. When he hits his free throws we will condsider him a top player in the region. Cry
Don't say something without fact and fact is...McCarty is better. :?
""I love to watch Grimm and Rice play basketball, but there is no way they should be above McCarty. He has proven himself last year as a sophmore and put up big numbers. He has carried his team many games and is a pressence on the court as well as a threat to score. Lots of teams double teamed him last year which left other players to score. No matter is he has an off night...he still helps his team. SO here's the way I see it:
3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose[/quote" Wrote:

Grimm better than McCarty....is a joke. Grimm make all region team? He does not do more than McCarty.[/quote]

Ur and 57_Paintsville_fan are very close to timing. Shooting wise Mccarty is better. Team wise grim is better, as in he does the little things.[/quote]

say that on the other names as well. Mccarty better shooter...grim better all around player. Mccarty can't hog the ball when he gets in college..so he better have fun doing it in high school. Yeah, when you get blown out of districts and region the next few years, then laugh at grim not making his freethrows. :lol: But anyways, I really think McCarty could be better than Landon. Imagine if he avg. 10 asst. and 10 reb. a game and worked on his defense. He would definently be top player in region then. Meek should start next year too.
Don't worry. You'll see this coming season.

-4-

All I am going to say is this: Landon Slone is by far the best RED HEAD in the 57th District and the 15th Region. To make it fair, since there are now 5 teams in the 57th District, I'm picking one player from each team:

1. Landon Slone-Nuff Said
2. Brandon May-Great Player
3. Jamie McCarty-Another Great Player
4. Wesley Helton-MCHS Best Player IMO
5. ???????-Don't really know much about Lawrence County since they just came into the 57th.
Grimm does more than McCarty?...ARE U KIDDING ME?...when JCHS wins McCarty scores atleast 20...and then he doesnt choke when the games on line...DISTRICTS...GAME WINNER...
GRIMM...FREE THROWS REGIONALS
"rip10" Wrote:Grimm does more than McCarty?...ARE U KIDDING ME?...when JCHS wins McCarty scores atleast 20...and then he doesnt choke when the games on line...DISTRICTS...GAME WINNER...
GRIMM...FREE THROWS REGIONALS

He shoots a lot to. Luck.
1)Slone by far

2)McCarty
3May
4)Grimm
5)Pugh

Daniel Pugh is going to surprise a lot of people. He's the best athlete in the district.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:1)Slone by far

2)McCarty
3May
4)Grimm
5)Pugh

Daniel Pugh is going to surprise a lot of people. He's the best athlete in the district.

IMHO...Pugh will be a bad addition to the Tigers...I personally think he is a ball hog...But, we'll see when the season rolls around...GO TIGERS!! :!:
1.) Jamie McCarty
2.) Landon Slone
3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose
"Jamie McCarty_and_Jesse M" Wrote:
"Confessions" Wrote:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
"Confessions" Wrote:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:
2. Brandon May
3. Shane Grimm
4. Kyle Rice
5. Jamie McCarty

3.) Brandon May
4.) Kyle Rice
5.) JD VanHoose

This is meek and there is no way in the world Grimm is better than McCarty. McCarty gets double teamed and sometimes triple teamed. One other thing.......When Grimm hits his free throws, you let me know. When he hits his free throws we will condsider him a top player in the region. Cry
Don't say something without fact and fact is...McCarty is better. :?

Show some class, that grim comment was uncalled for. Jealousy makes people say ignorant things, and your post is a prime example.
1. Landon Slone- best player in the region
2. Brandon May- good athlete
3. Jamie McCarty- was a toss up for me between him and May, but i think May players better defense
4. Shane grim- shoots well, and is a good team player
5. Kyle Rice- has good post moves and plays solid defense
"Superman" Wrote:1. Landon Slone- best player in the region
2. Brandon May- good athlete
3. Jamie McCarty- was a toss up for me between him and May, but i think May players better defense
4. Shane grim- shoots well, and is a good team player
5. Kyle Rice- has good post moves and plays solid defense

I guess your basing that on last season and no summer games this season....McCarty is the best player in the region if he plays like he has in summer ball. His defense is great...You can tell he has worked hard this off season for improvement. Makes his teammates better and has a deadly 3 point shot. Might I add he is unstoppable when driving to the whole...I like his all around game now and under the new coach...Starns runs plays for McCarty. Something Trimble didn't do...
Summerball means nothing on the season..i still think Slone and May are better. But ya never know..maybe the kid has stepped his game up from last year
Unstoppable??? Sounds like this kid will be able to score at will against any team the Eagles face this season. I might agree with him being able to do stuff like that on a few "no-name" teams, but against PRP, Lex. Cath., Male, Paducah Tillman...I don't think so. The big men on those teams feast on kids that think they can bring it in "their" lane. If he is this good he should go straight to the NBA....I did hear him being 19 his senior season, if so the new rule shouldn't have any affect on him.
"JKWON33" Wrote:Unstoppable??? Sounds like this kid will be able to score at will against any team the Eagles face this season. I might agree with him being able to do stuff like that on a few "no-name" teams, but against PRP, Lex. Cath., Male, Paducah Tillman...I don't think so. The big men on those teams feast on kids that think they can bring it in "their" lane. If he is this good he should go straight to the NBA....I did hear him being 19 his senior season, if so the new rule shouldn't have any affect on him.

His buddies get on here and make him out to be the next Michael Jordan. lol
They must, because there isn't anyone that is unstoppable in the 15th region, the state, in college, or in the pros. Smile