Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 76 Betsy Layne 48
WOW!!!...Congrats Rebels...How did Newman do?Big Grin ...Beat them 5 without him and lose by 28 with him:confused:...Any Stats?
Congrats AC!
uhavenoidea Wrote:WOW!!!...Congrats Rebels...How did Newman do?Big Grin ...Beat them 5 without him and lose by 28 with him:confused:...Any Stats?

Newman had about 4 points. He wasn't a factor in the game at all.
gotcha2 Wrote:Newman had about 4 points. He wasn't a factor in the game at all.

Newman is so good...Best player in the District...Best Big man in the 15th...He cant be stoppedSmile ...BL will be awesome once he comes back...BLAH BLAH BLAH...There you go bobcat fans that get on here and run your mouths and stuff...Your 0-3 with your so called savior...Lost all 3 games by 15+...Not to mention you beat AC(without prater) by 5 without him and lost by 28 tonight with him...
[INDENT]
uhavenoidea Wrote:Newman is so good...Best player in the District...Best Big man in the 15th...He cant be stoppedSmile ...BL will be awesome once he comes back...BLAH BLAH BLAH...There you go bobcat fans that get on here and run your mouths and stuff...Your 0-3 with your so called savior...Lost all 3 games by 15+...Not to mention you beat AC(without prater) by 5 without him and lost by 28 tonight with him...
My point.....BL is worse with him....congrats AC....

[/INDENT]
AC controlled this game from get go, they started the game out 15-0, and had the lead 39-10 at one point and BL went on a good run 12-2, and ended the half 41-24. In the 3rd quarter AC dominated, and outscored BL by 23, and was up 70-30. Hammonds Crum and Prater sat the whole 4th qtr. And yes Crum did and does play defense. Not sure on how many steals, and he blew by his man very well. Every Ac starter played very well, and my earlier prediction on the game was right, AC came out and took care of business. Go get the Blackcats tuesday night.
Any stats?
Wow...I really thought this game would ba ALOT closer...sounds like a great game by the rebels..How did crum do?
Congrats Rebels!

I knew that all the Betsy Layne folks were shooting themselves in the foot when they were praising him once it was announced that he would be coming back, but he has a big body but he must not being using it right. Good luck to Betsy Layne on the rest of the season.
Great game from the rebels. They came out ready to play and jumped out to a HUGE lead very early. I was very impressed with their defense tonight. I think Crum ended the talk about his defense as well. He had many steals and deflections and didn't get beat all night. They could have won by 50 or more, but Hammonds, Crum, and Prater sat the whole 4th quarter. Hammonds had 20 pts for the rebels, Crum had 17 pts (5-11 from 3). Both Twins played excellent, as did Prater, not sure on their point totals. This was just a great game all the way around for AC. Hopefully they continue this the rest of the season, especially tuesday at pburg.
My gosh, I thought B.L was suppose to be better after all the talk? Congrats Rebs!
Congrats AC
Nice win for the Rebels. AC came out hot and scored 30 points in the first quarter. I don't think BL knew what hit them in the first quarter. AC placed 4 starters in double figures last night- Hammonds 20, Crum 17, L. Crowder 18 and H. Crowder 12. Prater finished with 3 and contributed big with rebounds and defense. Congrats on the win and get ready for the Blackcats on Tuesday.

GO REBELS!!!
Since no one else on here will speak the truth....I will!!!! BL wouldn't have done any better than what they are doing right now with or without NEWMAN.

BL beat AC by 5 the first time BECAUSE one of AC's best players was out!!
[COLOR="Green"]
Of course NEWMAN isn't near as good as he could have been....He was out of 16 games and wasn't able to practice for 2 months or longer!![/COLOR]

In these last three games he hasn't touched the ball 10 times total......the times that he did get his hands on the ball, he scored or he was fouled!!!
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]
He is a 6'8...250 pound kid and he is playing at the free throw line....could someone tell....WHAT IS HIS PURPOSE UP THERE?.......put him INSIDE were he belongs......look what he did last year under the goal....[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Indigo"]
Most of you grown A** people that are writing stuff on this web site.....is NEW parents to HIGH SCHOOL basketball......you didn't see this KID play last year cause if you would have you would know what he could do inside.......he isn't getting the change to dominate AT THE FREE THROW LINE......[/COLOR]

CAT PAUSE, THE ANNOUNCERS ON T.V AND THE NOT SO JEALOUS FANS KNOW HOW GOOD THIS KID COULD BE IF HE ONLY HAD THE CHANCE.......IF HE HADN'T BEEN ANY GOOD HE WOULDN'T HAVE RANKED IN THE TOP 10 IN THE CAT PAUSE MAGIZINE.....USE YOUR HEAD.....HE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT

WHY DON'T YOU ADULTS STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDERN HERE AND PUTTING THIS YOUNG MAN DOWN.......ITS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL NOT THE NBA......AFTER YOUR SONS GRADUATE THIS BASKETBALL THING WANT MEAN ****....IT WILL A THING OF THE PAST
[COLOR="Red"]Blackcat Student:

Congrats Rebels!

I knew that all the Betsy Layne folks were shooting themselves in the foot when they were praising him once it was announced that he would be coming back, but he has a big body but he must not being using it right. Good luck to Betsy Layne on the rest of the season.[/COLOR]

I couldn't agree with you more when you say "he has a big body" but if has to disagree when you say "he doesn't know how to use it".....he doesn't get a chance to use it.......he is 6'8 and I would have easily weights 250 pounds and he is playing at the FREE THROW line.....he doesn't get the chance to use that big body......he needs to be inside were MOST BIG player play!!!
Congrats AC- you are by far the best team in the district and one of the better teams in the region
the_real_bball_star Wrote:Since no one else on here will speak the truth....I will!!!! BL wouldn't have done any better than what they are doing right now with or without NEWMAN.

BL beat AC by 5 the first time BECAUSE one of AC's best players was out!!

Of course NEWMAN isn't near as good as he could have been....He was out of 16 games and wasn't able to practice for 2 months or longer!!

In these last three games he hasn't touched the ball 10 times total......the times that he did get his hands on the ball, he scored or he was fouled!!!

He is a 6'8...250 pound kid and he is playing at the free throw line....could someone tell....WHAT IS HIS PURPOSE UP THERE?.......put him INSIDE were he belongs......look what he did last year under the goal....

Most of you grown A** people that are writing stuff on this web site.....is NEW parents to HIGH SCHOOL basketball......you didn't see this KID play last year cause if you would have you would know what he could do inside.......he isn't getting the change to dominate AT THE FREE THROW LINE......

CAT PAUSE, THE ANNOUNCERS ON T.V AND THE NOT SO JEALOUS FANS KNOW HOW GOOD THIS KID COULD BE IF HE ONLY HAD THE CHANCE.......IF HE HADN'T BEEN ANY GOOD HE WOULDN'T HAVE RANKED IN THE TOP 10 IN THE CAT PAUSE MAGIZINE.....USE YOUR HEAD.....HE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT

WHY DON'T YOU ADULTS STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDERN HERE AND PUTTING THIS YOUNG MAN DOWN.......ITS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL NOT THE NBA......AFTER YOUR SONS GRADUATE THIS BASKETBALL THING WANT MEAN ****....IT WILL A THING OF THE PAST
Well i seen the newman kid play last year about 6 games, and he played good about 2 of them. Hes better than what people are giving him credit for, but your trying to say that he hasnt been working any on his own to stay in shape in the meantime and work on his game, thats hard to believe. But anyway he has been a non factor the last three games. Like you said hes a 6'8 and 250 pounds, theres nobody in the district that should be able to handle him, but AC did very good. I would be guessing he got about 5 points and 7 rebounds, now you dont have to get the ball to rebound it.
[HTML]Sharp Shooter:
Well i seen the newman kid play last year about 6 games, and he played good about 2 of them. Hes better than what people are giving him credit for, but your trying to say that he hasnt been working any on his own to stay in shape in the meantime and work on his game, thats hard to believe. But anyway he has been a non factor the last three games. Like you said hes a 6'8 and 250 pounds, theres nobody in the district that should be able to handle him, but AC did very good. I would be guessing he got about 5 points and 7 rebounds, now you dont have to get the ball to rebound it.[/HTML]

Honestly from looking at the NEWMAN kid it appears that he has put on a little weight since the beginning of this year and from observation it appears that he can barely get up and down the floor.........you can tell by watching him that he out of shape....even if he did excerise some while he was out I highly debt that it was as hard or as much as these other player have...

This young man gets bashed all the time for no reason....you can't honesly tell me that he isn't a good ball player, for a guy who didn't play ball for about 6 years done pretty good last year......this is a web site to talk about sports not get on here and down players........these are CHILDREN you are talking about

We are talking about a big boy here who has been out for well over half the season and he is playing against guys who have been practicing and playing for months and he doesn't even play the position that he needs to.....

season will be over soon and maybe the NEWMAN kid want be so popular....I' mean even if he wasn't playing ball....he is still popular all over the region.....cause all certain people want to is talk about him (badly) on ever thread about BL.........GO NEWMAN....YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR....even if it ain't at basketball........:moon: Smile :rockon:
UHAVENOIDEA:
WOW!!!...Congrats Rebels...How did Newman do? ...Beat them 5 without him and lose by 28 with him...Any Stats?

Is that all you do is talk about the NEWMAN kid.....you act as if you have an obession with him.....ever threat about BL you are on and guess what you have to say his name ever time you make a comment.....GET OVER IT......all we hear is NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN........my god if you like him that well get his picture and his autograph or something to calm you down!!!

I have never in all my life heard one young mans name so much. You would think he was a celebirity or something as much as you folks talk about him....Next thing you know..the New York Times will read "NEWMAN SCORE 2 AGAINST PIARIST".......
the_real_bball_star Wrote:UHAVENOIDEA:
WOW!!!...Congrats Rebels...How did Newman do? ...Beat them 5 without him and lose by 28 with him...Any Stats?

Is that all you do is talk about the NEWMAN kid.....you act as if you have an obession with him.....ever threat about BL you are on and guess what you have to say his name ever time you make a comment.....GET OVER IT......all we hear is NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN, NEWMAN........my god if you like him that well get his picture and his autograph or something to calm you down!!!

I have never in all my life heard one young mans name so much. You would think he was a celebirity or something as much as you folks talk about him....Next thing you know..the New York Times will read "NEWMAN SCORE 2 AGAINST PIARIST".......

It's not just newman it is every kid that doesn't play for south floyd and by the way they played better last nite after wes akers was taken out of the game. So much for your superstar who has been playing all year. I guess when your favorite team has won only one game and it was by a forfit it's easier to down everybody else so you can feel better. Get a life and leave these kids alone because everyone is better than your team.
OK...Let's settle the Newman discussion or this thread will be closed. We are not here to bash this young man - PERIOD.

Let's be real...Newman has missed practiced and been out of the flow of the game. Doesn't BL have about 3 more weeks to play before district tournament? Are you ready to write them off already just because Newman hasn't come back (let along Lafferty & Slone) and dominated?

Give this team the remainder of the regular season to build some much needed chemistry and learn how to work the ball around on the offensive end. BL ran no offense last night. They are lost in the halfcourt game because they haven't adjusted to having Newman in the post. But in seeing Newman play last season and how he became a game-changer by postseason, I'm not ready to write the Bobcats off just yet because besides Allen Central, no one has really shown themselves to be a true contender in the district.
That is NEWMAN's main problem OUT OF SHAPE.....Hopefully by the end of the season he will be doing better......but it worries me that the rest of the season want be enough to get him back into the shape that he needs to be to perform the way he CAN!!!!
Last warning. No more bashing of any individual player or this thread is done and more like it...
IMO the BL program has been through a lot in the past year. 1st there was a huge controversey over whether or not an administrator could coach. Turns out according to the Floyd Co. board they can't, so BL gets a new coach. All this after a reasonably successful 06-07 season. Then, before the season starts their bigman, and probably their best player, is declared ineligible. Next, they have a host of young talented players coming into their program who are going to compete for playing time with the players that are already used to playing the entire game. Then, they have a transfer (Slone) who is also ineligible and is going to compete for playing time when he becomes eligible. Lafferty, a starter, is declared ineligible and then comes back. Now everyone is eligible and Newman, Slone, and Lafferty are probably not in tip top shape and they are competing for playing time with the younger players. On top of all this they where expected win this year and they haven't.

Tough year for BL IMO
I thought AC would win this one big, but they where up nearly 30 or more the whole game. I didn't expect that! Congrats Rebels!
Well Let Me Say Somthing. When Bl Won They Where Playing At Bl, Home Court, And Ac Was With Out The Best Player. In Region Bl Will Win It All
[INDENT]
slingblade93 Wrote:It's not just newman it is every kid that doesn't play for south floyd and by the way they played better last nite after wes akers was taken out of the game. So much for your superstar who has been playing all year. I guess when your favorite team has won only one game and it was by a forfit it's easier to down everybody else so you can feel better. Get a life and leave these kids alone because everyone is better than your team.
Newman cpuldnt cut it at South Floyd....face it he is no good and is highly overated....look at the numbers buddy.....has he scored over 6 points in any of his games that he has played......he has made this team worse and i think its funny cause from everyone from BL he was the second coming of Jesus...

[/INDENT]
blhs Wrote:Well Let Me Say Somthing. When Bl Won They Where Playing At Bl, Home Court, And Ac Was With Out The Best Player. In Region Bl Will Win It All
Ok for one AC played horrible at BL, and BL played pver their heads, and another thing BL will not win it all.