Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 56 - Johnson Central 54
Gatlin Clark hits a shot at the horn to give the win to the Panthers. It seemed like they were fatigued this being their 4th games in 6 days. JC made some big threes when the Panthers tried to push the lead. Congrats Panthers and good game JC!

Deven Adams led Pikeville with 19
Clevinger had 13
Clark had 6
Keene had 5
Baker had 2
Not sure how many Honaker or Bell had didn't catch it.

Welch led JC with 26, only player in double figures.
Congrats Panthers
Congrats Pikeville! Pikeville played well in the first quarter then seemed to get a little too comfortable with the early lead. I over heard some men talking after the game and said this was the best game JC had this year and if they played like this all the time they would win more games. Good game Eagles and keep your heads up!
Congrats to both teams on a well played game.
i knew this game would be closer than some expected...congrats panthers...how close did devin come to the triple-double i predicted?
congrats panthers, sounds like a good game!
Congrats Pikeville, never know wich JC, or Pikeville team will show up to play.
congrats Pikeville
Congrats Pikeville! I expected this one to be a close one.
Pikeville had the game they was predicted to have against Paintsville but still pulled out the win on a last second shot. I was kinda expecting it to happen from playing the top two teams in the region like they did then go up against what should have been a easy win. I am just glad they got it out of their system with a W. I gotta give credit to Johnson Central. They played a hard fought game even after getting down early. It looked like they never quit in this one.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Sound like a great game!
congrats pikeville on the win. Looks like it was a close one. And also I heard this morning matt clevenger broke the 1000pt mark congratulations matt!
Figured that the Panthers would struggle in this one... Congrats Pikeville!
Congrads Pikeville. JC must be playing better than they have been because Pikeville is top 3 in the 15th.
Congrats Panthers & Eagles
Very surprised! I knew that Pikeville might have a let down, but JC isn't very good at all this year. Pikeville should have blown them out. The only thing we know is what Pikeville can do, but they sure must have not done it against JC.

Good job JC on a good game!
You all have to give some credit to Johnson Central. They played very hard. This only proves that some teams are very unpredictable.
I don't understand why this happens year in, year out. Why do teams give everything they have against Paintsville then play terrible against other teams. I'm not sayin they that to be cocky, it's the truth. Magoffin County last year in the district finals, they played like a team very capable of winnin the region, then they played aweful and got beat in the region tourney. I just don't understand how kids can't get pumped up for every game. As for the fatigued part, yeah maybe they were. ID about anyone else who played ball or still plays ball, but I woulda LOVED to have played 4 games in 6 days. Practice took it's toll on me more than games ever did.

Congrats Pikeville
Nice effort JC
Redneck Wrote:I don't understand why this happens year in, year out. Why do teams give everything they have against Paintsville then play terrible against other teams. I'm not sayin they that to be cocky, it's the truth. Magoffin County last year in the district finals, they played like a team very capable of winnin the region, then they played aweful and got beat in the region tourney. I just don't understand how kids can't get pumped up for every game. As for the fatigued part, yeah maybe they were. ID about anyone else who played ball or still plays ball, but I woulda LOVED to have played 4 games in 6 days. Practice took it's toll on me more than games ever did.

Congrats Pikeville
Nice effort JC

4 games in 6 days, practice in between, maybe add a little homework in the mix....even though their young it might cause a little fatigue.
Sounds like the panthers struggled in this one. They might want to watch out it may carry over to tommarrow night when they play Valley.
Congrats Pville. Keep it up going into the game against Valley.