Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBS 68 LCC 59 in overtime
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I dont care if it was one of the Stepp daddies or not, if he, or whoever got in my face as a player or my kids face, theyd be carrying him out on a **** stretcher. And that garbage would stop.
It does need to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uk96 Wrote:I like prayer after a game because it shows that even though both teams have played hard there are more important things in life than basketball. With that being said I can understand the reason that LC declined the invitation. It was a hard fought and emotional game for both teams and after the hard foul on Stepp some words were exchanged during and after the game between some coaches. Security had to keep order during the handshake when some words were said and a assistant coach had to be held back by some deputies. It was probably not the best time to meet at center court and I can say that LC did meet and pray after the first meeting this year. JBS always invites teams to pray after each game and of course including the games they have lost this year.

I dont blame LCC for not praying with them...IMO they just do that for public relations anyway like all the BS in the articles of the LExington Herald last year about praying at halftime of the regional finals and all the players having bibles in their lockers just a PR stunt IMO
JOBAKKA Wrote:I am not sure but I think this is already a done deal. JBS gym is not big enough
You are not sure because it will not be at LCC. It is not a done deal. It was offered, but turned down.
fly on the wall Wrote:I think the coach[JBS] was talking to the referee, not Charlie Banks, but some one should have told the boy, it was a basketball game. Not a foot ball game. He tackled Stepp under the basket with both arms around his neck. Any way JBS won by 9 and they got nothing given to them. LCC just seemed to be worn out by the end of regulation.

As soon as the foul happened, Banks immediately tried to help Steppe up, and Steppe got in his face. And if you don't think the JBS coach was in Banks' face you are either crazy or you did not see the game.
6-0 baby 6-0 in district.
fly on the wall Wrote:You are not sure because it will not be at LCC. It is not a done deal. It was offered, but turned down.
District meetings are coming up here real soon and we will see where it will be played. I thought it would be KCC but I was told by a JBS supporter that was probaly not going to happen.
heddermicole Wrote:Well I am guessing that you was not at the game. LCC played their hearts out and in halftime LCC didn't get any calls. And don't go and give the gilt trip about Clark fouling out, Collins scrached his eye, Cox was out. It happens and LCC still would have been in the game if all of them played the whole game, they played when LCC played at JBS. At the end of the game the refs was one sided and that was to JBS! Also about the praying thing do you blame them? The coaches about go into a fight and o what about the poor sportsman ship that their coach had arguing with our coaches! And about Clark Stepp when Charlie got the intentional the way he acted after that bumping into him and wanting to get him to get another intentional that is not good sportsman ship in my book. JBS was just as bad as LCC.

I'm just stating facts. We beat you. The odds were against us. Missing Tate...Garrison for most of the first half...Trey Short played 3 minutes in the first half. And Clark fouled out with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.... we still won. Charlie Banks put BOTH ARMS around Clark's body. He could have hurt the kid. It's so funny too, because the same kid that kept LCC in the game the first half with 15 points... got you BEAT in the 2nd half and OT. Any coach is going to get mad when another player intentionallly FOULS his player whether it be the coach's nephew or no relation. IT DOESN"T MATTER. You don't try to break a kid down when he's shooting a wide open lay up on purpose. Banks sould have been took out of the game. That is what Jim was mad about , they just let him do that, and didn't even jump on to him for fouling Clark so hard. And then the coach threating Jim after the game. Great Sportsmanship by LCC.:Thumbs:
Way of the topic.....Closed!