Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 76 Allen Central 75 OT
Allen Central loses a tough one tonight in OT in the Coca-Cola Classic. This was AC's second game today and both were pretty physical. They defeated Pike Central in a game played at 10:30 this morning in the Coca-Cola Classic.
Congrats Pirates!
Congrats Belfry
Pretty weird how ER just beat them by the same score in OT last night..lol. Gratz Belfry.
congrats belfry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds like a great game! The 15th is going to be hard to just walk through this year.
Wow sounds like another heartbreaker for AC, congrats to the Pirates.
Congrats Belfry!
sounds like it was a good one! congrats pirates.
Congrats Belfry!
Sounds like a great game! Congrats Belfry!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Belfry!
What are the odds to losing two games, in the same tournament, both in OT, by the exact same score? Sad It's hard for a team to play twice in a day. Especially if there is a lot of time between games. Belfry is a team that is going to come on strong as the year goes on. The Pirates have regrouped after an 0-4 start to win 4 of their last 6. The Rebels have seemed to hit a mid season slump losing 4 of their last 5. However, I look for the Rebs to get back on the winning track this week has they host both JC and Jackson City. Just my opinion!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:What are the odds to losing two games, in the same tournament, both in OT, by the exact same score? Sad It's hard for a team to play twice in a day. Especially if there is a lot of time between games. Belfry is a team that is going to come on strong as the year goes on. The Pirates have regrouped after an 0-4 start to win 4 of their last 6. The Rebels have seemed to hit a mid season slump losing 4 of their last 5. However, I look for the Rebs to get back on the winning track this week has they host both JC and Jackson City. Just my opinion!

AC played at 10:30 and at 5:30. Does any one else think the gym at Pike Central is extremely hot? I know AC's players were watching the Russel vs. PCC game at 3:30 and said they were sweating just sitting there.
Sounds like a great game, Congrats Pirates!
gotcha2 Wrote:AC played at 10:30 and at 5:30. Does any one else think the gym at Pike Central is extremely hot? I know AC's players were watching the Russel vs. PCC game at 3:30 and said they were sweating just sitting there.

Normally the temp is just right in Pike Central's gym. My guess is that the recent rise in the temperature in Kentucky has caused many gyms to become warmer. It takes a long time for heating systems in such a large square footage area to adjust to drastic temperature changes.
Hard to play two games in one day...
Good job,Pirates
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Belfry is a team that is going to come on strong as the year goes on. The Pirates have regrouped after an 0-4 start to win 4 of their last 6. The Rebels have seemed to hit a mid season slump losing 4 of their last 5. However, I look for the Rebs to get back on the winning track this week has they host both JC and Jackson City. Just my opinion!

Totally agree. Belfry took on a tough schedule to start the season and didn't shy away from playing anyone despite the success of their football team and how that comes into play with basketball. They are only going to get better as the season continues. Coach Casey told us on Friday night that he'd trade 7 losses in December for 7 wins in late February and March.

As for Allen Central, I think they get a little over-confident with their opponent at times either coming into the game or after they secure a lead and then go into cruise control. The loss to East Ridge should've been a win for the Rebels. The Crowder boys have to get inside and throw their weight around and keep someone like Mike Rowe (who had a heckuva game Thursday night) off the weakside putting back easy misses for second chance buckets. I'd like to see the Crowders get more physical, along with Josh Prater. Off the bench, Clinton Turner is very physical and able to create havoc down low as well.

Get gritty AC and you'll be back on the winning side.
I've actually been impressed by how physical the Crowders have played every time I"ve seen AC this year.
As usual there is no D in Allen Central.
Congrats Belfry.....good game tho by both teams...
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I've actually been impressed by how physical the Crowders have played every time I"ve seen AC this year.

I was surprised that they didn't against ER because like you, I'd seem them play tough inside earlier in the year.
Tough loss. Congrats Pirates
jammin' jamey Wrote:I was surprised that they didn't against ER because like you, I'd seem them play tough inside earlier in the year.

Hunter Crowder and Josh Prater saw little playing time in the second half of the ER vs. AC game. Neither was in foul trouble- not sure why they spent the second half on the bench. Prater went back in only after Turner fouled out. It's tough to get physical on the bench.
Congrats Belfry