Abby Gilbert Jackson County 
Kylie Clem Corbin
Shelbie Mills Knox Central 
Kylie Noe Harlan 
Aymanni Wynn Harlan 
Peyton Mabe South Laurel 
Kairi Lamb Bell County 
Mariella Claybrook North Laurel 
As a fan which i would have watched Shelbie mother Kim Mays play in 1990 season. I did see play Janet Jones and Jackie Pennington in the 93-94 season for Knox Central as they played in back-to-back Region finals. Also as a fan would like to see Knox Central win the 2025 Region and Red Bird play a varsity season. Thank You John Henson for the basketball report.
I have to admit I was really shocked by the team and player rankings. I’m don’t claim to be a basketball guru but I’ve been around it for many many years and i don’t see these rankings. Team rankings were as follows: 
1 Knox 
2 NL
3 Corbin 
4 SL 
5Harlan 
6 Jackson 
7 Bell 
8 Middlesboro 
9Pineville 
10 Harlan County 

Hands down NL should be ranked #1. Corbin should not be ranked above south considering everything they lost from last year. Middlesboro should not be in the rankings with their record and the fact that they lost to even the unranked teams last year. I’m also curious as to why Whitley isn’t ranked…could it be that there’s truth to some of the rumors of kids leaving? Also Harlan Co lost to Whitley last year with Karst…as did Middlesboro.
(10-14-2024, 05:45 PM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote: I have to admit I was really shocked by the team and player rankings. I’m don’t claim to be a basketball guru but I’ve been around it for many many years and i don’t see these rankings. Team rankings were as follows: 
1 Knox 
2 NL
3 Corbin 
4 SL 
5Harlan 
6 Jackson 
7 Bell 
8 Middlesboro 
9Pineville 
10 Harlan County 

Hands down NL should be ranked #1. Corbin should not be ranked above south considering everything they lost from last year. Middlesboro should not be in the rankings with their record and the fact that they lost to even the unranked teams last year. I’m also curious as to why Whitley isn’t ranked…could it be that there’s truth to some of the rumors of kids leaving? Also Harlan Co lost to Whitley last year with Karst…as did Middlesboro.

Not sure where that list came from.
Below is the Cats Pause list for the 13th.

Teams
Knox Central
North Laurel
South Laurel
Corbin
Harlan
Bell County
Whitley County
Jackson County
Pineville
Harlan County
(10-14-2024, 06:33 PM)HCS Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 05:45 PM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote: I have to admit I was really shocked by the team and player rankings. I’m don’t claim to be a basketball guru but I’ve been around it for many many years and i don’t see these rankings. Team rankings were as follows: 
1 Knox 
2 NL
3 Corbin 
4 SL 
5Harlan 
6 Jackson 
7 Bell 
8 Middlesboro 
9Pineville 
10 Harlan County 

Not sure where that list came from.
Below is the Cats Pause list for the 13th.

Teams
Knox Central
North Laurel
South Laurel
Corbin
Harlan
Bell County
Whitley County
Jackson County
Pineville
Harlan County
That was one that’s being shared on social media as the cats pause. This list looks more accurate except I still stick to the fact that North should be #1. I just don’t  think Knox will be able to beat them. I think it will be a close game but I’m still betting on North. In fact it may be more like 1 North 2 south 3 knox. I also think Jackson should be ranked over Whitley. It’s early though, time will tell.
I can't find that list anywhere except your post. You can see the Cats Pause list in the Cats Pause for anyone who has the magazine.
I'd give North the edge also, but Knox got the most votes in the coaches' poll this year.
Lmao, I had a long post typed out about how I normally agree with HCS and LD on their rankings but someone was on Crack lol. So all apologies for my mental conudrum HCS--I knew those couldn't have been the cats pause! Those look like maybe the riseup sports rankings--they haven't seen most of the teams or girls, just go off last years stats etc. And no I'm not bashing em, they do a decent job with Limited resources. I agree for the most part with the real rankings(HCS) other than I think Bell will be #4 and Whitley will be #5. Lamb from Bell is the best center in the 13th in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • HCS
I don't think I've heard of that group. I just don't know how someone would put Middlesboro in the top 10 or leave out Whitley. You can always move a team or two around. WIlder is a big loss for Bell, but they are always in the mix with Teague.
(10-14-2024, 07:35 PM)HCS Wrote: I can't find that list anywhere except your post. You can see the Cats Pause list in the Cats Pause for anyone who has the magazine.
I'd give North the edge also, but Knox got the most votes in the coaches' poll this year.
I should’ve known that wasn’t the actual cats pause…the post I saw just had those team rankings and not individual player rankings. Thanks for clearing that up! Looks to be a great season in the 13th there’s a lot of talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Varsityclub2004's post:
  • HCS
(10-14-2024, 07:35 PM)HCS Wrote: I can't find that list anywhere except your post. You can see the Cats Pause list in the Cats Pause for anyone who has the magazine.
Yeah that team ranking list is 100% from the Riseup Sports Media list. This year they put out a publlication similar to Cats Pause. The Players list is similiar but not exact. They say that their rankings are based on Coaches interviews but thats hot garbage unless they only talked with a couple of coaches. Its obviously not very accurate, its similiar to what you may read on the bathroom stall wall lol.