Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Belfry 56 Breathitt Co 26
final
Congratulations to Belfry
Belfry well coached and stuck to the game plan. Breathitt again with stupid mental penalties that hurt them bad early. Don’t think it would have changed out come but this stuff has been a problem with the Moore coaching era. Bobcats will continue to get better each week and they will be a different team by week 6.
Why is this a problem under Coach Moore? He is NOT a thuggish guy, at all.

Breathitt used to play so hard and would knock your head off, but between the whistles and rarely ever penalized for chippy play!!!!

Just a theory- could Breathitt be under the illusion that they are still the BREATHITT of old and when things don’t go well; they just revert to a lack of discipline and react negatively?

I don’t know; just a question.
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
  • Buford T Justice, wolfcat
Went the way I expected. Belfry has a lot of stuff to clean up, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Sloppy game, I guess that can be expected in the first game. Belfry really missing that one power back they’re accustomed to having.
(08-24-2024, 02:06 AM)ROTC Wrote: Why is this a problem under Coach Moore?  He is NOT a thuggish guy, at all.

Breathitt used to play so hard and would knock your head off, but between the whistles and rarely ever penalized for chippy play!!!!

Just a theory- could Breathitt be under the illusion that they are still the BREATHITT of old and when things don’t go well; they just revert to a lack of discipline and react negatively?

Not illusion but delusion.  How many dads standing on the sidelines?  Product that steps out on the field on Friday nights show the lack of work put in from the spring and summer.  It’s also tough on any team to lose 6-7 kids from transfers, quit, and injuries. Throw in bone head plays perfect concoction to rack up losses.
Belfry’s offensive line is its strong point. Defensive line and secondary need lot of work. Breathitt is weakest of first 5 games but was good choice to start season. GRC will be bigger and more disciplined than Breathitt so Belfry will be able to grade where they stand. Pirates will get better each week due to competition they are playing early. Breathitt has a long way to go this season
Pirates have ALOT to work on. Good thing this was week 0. O-Line play was not bad….but was up and down until the second half Belfry has some nice speed….but size limitations. Defense is a whole other matter. D-Line struggled until Belfry made some size adjustments. LB and secondary play was not great. Let’s just leave it at that.

Regardless of the choppy play….Belfry took control of the game mid 2nd quarter and never looked back. Just work to be done for the Belfry Crue.

Breathitt has a nice QB. He is gonna be a dandy as he matures. Nice throws…seems to see the field well, despite his size.

The Bobcats are too undisciplined. I’m gonna stop there …..so I don’t pour salt on a wound. But …..there is no excuse for bad behavior
What did Breathitt do!? Any ejections?
(08-24-2024, 09:37 PM)ROTC Wrote: What did Breathitt do!?  Any ejections?
Midway through the 1st quarter number 2 cheapshotted 2 belfry o lineman after they were already on the ground and didn’t hide it much, got kicked out for the rest of the game.
This score didn’t surprise me. Watching back, I am surprised it was 21-18 in the second quarter. I didn’t think Breathitt would be able to score on Belfry’s 1st team defense. Some things to work on there for Belfry. Breathitt has a couple of good young players in their QB and WR.
belfrys special teams once again looked like complete dog crap
seems to be a theme over the last few yars
Just like I thought breathitt keeps it close for awhile. I would throw #2 of team so fast. He pulled same stuff last year numerous times. He needs to go to set an example for rest of team.

(08-24-2024, 10:34 AM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 02:06 AM)ROTC Wrote: Why is this a problem under Coach Moore?  He is NOT a thuggish guy, at all.

Not illusion but delusion.  How many dads standing on the sidelines?  Product that steps out on the field on Friday nights show the lack of work put in from the spring and summer.  It’s also tough on any team to lose 6-7 kids from transfers, quit, and injuries. Throw in bone head plays perfect concoction to rack up losses.
Why does it bother you so bad having dads on sidelines. Who is playing that has a dad on sideline that shouldn't be? Honestly I would love to know. Shortys boys aren't playing, Kyle has all girls, Holcomb has no school age children. Josh Barnett? Brayden is one of their better players. Seth and Chris Hollon sons are both stars. Casey Allen doesn't have kids that old neither does Justin Combs, TJ Fraley or Jeremy Moore. Who else is left. I would love to know. If it deserves to be called out I will be forst to do so.
(08-25-2024, 03:44 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Just like I thought breathitt keeps it close for awhile. I would throw #2 of team so fast. He pulled same stuff last year numerous times. He needs to go to set an example for rest of team.

Why does it bother you so bad having dads on sidelines. Who is playing that has a dad on sideline that shouldn't be? Honestly I would love to know. Shortys boys aren't playing, Kyle has all girls, Holcomb has no school age children. Josh Barnett? Brayden is one of their better players. Seth and Chris Hollon sons are both stars. Casey Allen doesn't have kids that old neither does Justin Combs, TJ Fraley or Jeremy Moore. Who else is left. I would love to know. If it deserves to be called out I will be forst to do so.
Show me a top program in the state with 4-5 dads on the sideline LOL. I’ll tell ya.  Zero.  You forgot to add the entire media had/has kids playing too. How about replying to any of the other comments I stated? Triggered much?
(08-25-2024, 11:54 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 03:44 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Just like I thought breathitt keeps it close for awhile. I would throw #2 of team so fast. He pulled same stuff last year numerous times. He needs to go to set an example for rest of team.

Show me a top program in the state with 4-5 dads on the sideline LOL. I’ll tell ya.  Zero.  You forgot to add the entire media had/has kids playing too. How about replying to any of the other comments I stated? Triggered much?
We’ll here thought do you see coaches knock down door . You have take what you can. All them are good coaches . You act like you just go get who ever you want. Most all programs have father of player coaching. Media don’t count them guys do amazing job. So not sure what get you so mad about something so dumb like that. Guarantee your not even fan Breathitt. Because all you post about.

(08-24-2024, 08:09 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Pirates have ALOT to work on.  Good thing this was week 0.  O-Line play was not bad….but was up and down until the second half  Belfry has some nice speed….but size limitations.  Defense is a whole other matter.  D-Line struggled until Belfry made some size adjustments.  LB and secondary play was not great.  Let’s just leave it at that.   

Regardless of the choppy play….Belfry took control of the game mid 2nd quarter and never looked back.    Just work to be done for the Belfry Crue. 

Breathitt has a nice QB.  He is gonna be a dandy as he matures.  Nice throws…seems to see the field well, despite his size. 

The Bobcats are too undisciplined.  I’m gonna stop there …..so I don’t pour salt on a wound.  But …..there is no excuse for bad behavior
How can you say one kid made bad choice and you judge the whole team. I could hear see so many cheap salts from Belfry didn’t get called. We have replace 3 kids going play make huge difference on defense. If combs boys played was healthy that different game. We had lb never played football before then our top lb get kicked out. The 3 string lb was just in over head and all stuff messed up on can be fixed. Breathitt started like 5 freshmen that game. Belfry was better team. The bobcats will be different team in 5/6 weeks if they stay healthy
(08-26-2024, 12:53 AM)Statebound19 Wrote:

We’ll here thought do you see coaches knock down door . You have take what you can. All them are good coaches . You act like you just go get who ever you want. Most all programs have father of player coaching. Media don’t count them guys do amazing job. So not sure what get you so mad about something so dumb like that. Guarantee your not even fan Breathitt. Because all you post about.

(08-24-2024, 08:09 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Pirates have ALOT to work on.  Good thing this was week 0.  O-Line play was not bad….but was up and down until the second half  Belfry has some nice speed….but size limitations.  Defense is a whole other matter.  D-Line struggled until Belfry made some size adjustments.  LB and secondary play was not great.  Let’s just leave it at that.   

Regardless of the choppy play….Belfry took control of the game mid 2nd quarter and never looked back.    Just work to be done for the Belfry Crue. 

Breathitt has a nice QB.  He is gonna be a dandy as he matures.  Nice throws…seems to see the field well, despite his size. 

The Bobcats are too undisciplined.  I’m gonna stop there …..so I don’t pour salt on a wound.  But …..there is no excuse for bad behavior
How can you say one kid made bad choice and you judge the whole team. I could hear see so many cheap salts from Belfry didn’t get called. We have replace 3 kids going play make huge difference on defense. If combs boys played was healthy that different game. We had lb never played football before then our top lb get kicked out. The 3 string lb was just in over head and all stuff messed up on can be fixed. Breathitt started like 5 freshmen that game. Belfry was better team. The bobcats will be different team in 5/6 weeks if they stay healthy
Most schools do not have fathers of players coaching. Only elementary schools have this!!! Just pointing that out
Where does Breathitt County rank in education?
(08-25-2024, 03:13 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: belfrys special teams once again looked like complete dog crap
seems to be a theme over the last few yars
Place Kicker looked good. He is the most consistent kicker Belfry has had since Austin Woolum.

Special Teams are the x-factor for Belfry for success or failure year after year. For a team who values every yard and every 3rd Down conversion, how they consistently throw away the field position game with Special Teams confuses me. Breathitt was handed two possessions basically inside the Belfry 30 thanks to Special Teams issues. You do that against Bell County in the playoffs and that is the difference in advancing or staying home.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales, rrcuppett
Show me a top program in the state with 4-5 dads on the sideline LOL. I’ll tell ya. Zero. You forgot to add the entire media had/has kids playing too. How about replying to any of the other comments I stated? Triggered much?

Where would you like me to start? You still didn't name a player who is playing that shouldn't be because there father is on the sideline. Waiting for 1 name.
Sounds like you are just jealous.

We have only two and not on sideline most time in booth. If they playing kids should play I understand. Pikeville coach his son and Boyle co has at least 1 . Really don’t understand your point
(08-26-2024, 04:43 AM)Senters_93 Wrote:

(08-24-2024, 10:34 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: Not illusion but delusion.  How many dads standing on the sidelines?  Product that steps out on the field on Friday nights show the lack of work put in from the spring and summer.  It’s also tough on any team to lose 6-7 kids from transfers, quit, and injuries. Throw in bone head plays perfect concoction to rack up losses.

Most schools do not have fathers of players coaching. Only elementary schools have this!!! Just pointing that out
 this knocked it out of the park! LOL 

Every one of them came from peewee to middle now to high school.   Then wonder why the product on the field is below the standard.  Spade is a spade.

Umm…..I said Breathitt plays too undisciplined.   That’s a fair statement.  We saw it last year….and it reared its head again.
(08-26-2024, 11:33 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 04:43 AM)Senters_93 Wrote:

this knocked it out of the park! LOL 

Every one of them came from peewee to middle now to high school.   Then wonder why the product on the field is below the standard.  Spade is a spade.
Who came? A lot them been on staff for years way before kids played. Product field is fine. We lost kids to accident make huge difference. They only improve each week. A lot new faces with new rolls.