18. Pikeville
19. Bullitt East
20. LCA
21. Ballard
22. Simon Kenton
23. Madison Central
24. Owensboro Catholic
25. Ashland
CAL at 16 and Owensboro at 15?!?! Cmon man. CAL won at Owensboro. CAL is top 7 at worst.
(08-26-2024, 11:10 AM)Here For The Show Wrote: CAL at 16 and Owensboro at 15?!?! Cmon man. CAL won at Owensboro. CAL is top 7 at worst.

Smile That is exactly what I want to hear. Good post. Love the comment. I will make it a point to really take a hard look at CAL. They do play LCA in a couple of weeks and they play North Hardin and we will be able to look at how close CAL and Corbin scores are in a comparison. So that will be a top 3 2A team and a top 3 4A team for comparisons sake. I done seen what Boyle looked like against LCA in person.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan, Walt Longmire
(08-26-2024, 01:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:10 AM)Here For The Show Wrote: CAL at 16 and Owensboro at 15?!?! Cmon man. CAL won at Owensboro. CAL is top 7 at worst.

Smile That is exactly what I want to hear. Good post. Love the comment. I will make it a point to really take a hard look at CAL. They do play LCA in a couple of weeks and they play North Hardin and we will be able to look at how close CAL and Corbin scores are in a comparison. So that will be a top 3 2A team and a top 3 4A team for comparisons sake. I done seen what Boyle looked like against LCA in person.
I appreciate you looking at them but that still doesn’t answer the question of how Owensboro is ahead of CAL when that has been put to bed on the field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Here For The Show's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin and Franklin are 3 and 4 in 4A and 12 and 13 overall. Very close. I wish those two played early this season so we could gauge just how close they are, or if one is quite a bit better. My guess is that both will be pretty good by season's end.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
I would have probably dropped Pikeville down Madison Central won and Pikeville lost but it’s just rankings and Jet would’ve went wild if they was not in it just kidding Jet
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-26-2024, 02:46 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I would have probably dropped Pikeville down Madison Central won and Pikeville lost but it’s just rankings and Jet would’ve went wild if they was not in it just kidding Jet
Pikeville lost to a much better team than what Madison Central beat. Can’t hold that against them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Upnorth's post:
  • Belichick, Bull got out!
(08-26-2024, 02:03 PM)Here For The Show Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 01:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I appreciate you looking at them but that still doesn’t answer the question of how Owensboro is ahead of CAL when that has been put to bed on the field.

I missed the head to head matchup. I seen the scores and game finals. I’ll take the blame all on my shoulders. I missed it. I agree they should be up a little higher. Where. We will see. It’s just week 1. Plenty more weeks 
Smile  All I can say is. Don’t take it too much to heart. It’s all about good talking fun anyways. Wasn’t intentional. I plum forgot Covington Catholic the other day in a preseason poll. As Forest says in a lighter way… it happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Here For The Show
(08-26-2024, 02:56 PM)Upnorth Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 02:46 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I would have probably dropped Pikeville down Madison Central won and Pikeville lost but it’s just rankings and Jet would’ve went wild if they was not in it just kidding Jet
Pikeville lost to a much better team than what Madison Central beat. Can’t hold that against them.

Hoot Gibson called and told me to tell you to kiss his petunias. He said Johnson Central will be men vs boys against Pikeville. He said JC will beat Boyle by 3TDs in the championship game.
(08-26-2024, 02:56 PM)Upnorth Wrote:
I will agree that Pikeville lost to a better team but I don’t know how good Madison Central is and probably won’t knew until later like Saturday Night when Pikeville plays Johnson Central then will can argue that point but I stand by my statement until later
How do you have O'Cath at #24 and LCA at #20 in the state rankings when you have O'Cath at #2 in and LCA at #3 in the 2A rankings? I think both teams are ranked way to low IMHO. Time will tell!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ace in the Hole's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-27-2024, 10:41 AM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: How do you have O'Cath at #24 and LCA at #20 in the state rankings when you have O'Cath at #2 in and LCA at #3 in the 2A rankings?  I think both teams are ranked way to low IMHO.  Time will tell!

First of all. We decided to do BGR rankings about 2 days before the games started on Friday. So I have been compiling information to try to put out some fun polls in a very quick manner. I said in my original post that I would make mistakes and get some right and some wrong. So in this case again when I am preparing my list. I have alot more people giving me input on each rankings and in that case of Class 2A. I had LCA ranked ahead of OCath in the first presentation. But OCath got more votes to be in front of LCA in the individual polls after the persons assigned to those classes got to make there cases. So I moved them in the individual polls but I didn't in the Top 25. I already had the Top 25 done and did not submit it this week to the committee because this is all new and I will be tweaking as we go. I didn't adjust the top 25 poll based on the votes of the individual class top 10 polls. So this may help you see why it was posted the way it was and as I do this, its a learning curve for me also. There is alot of work that goes into these polls and simply not just throwing a team out there. We are not going to be correct all the time. Its just basically all in fun and gives you members and our guest something to talk about. I appreciate your feedback. I probably wouldn't have noticed that until you pointed it out. I also missed CAL and had them ranked lower than a team they beat in week 1. So again, its easy to miss this stuff. But we are going to keep moving forward for the fun of it and I'll take all the opinions that anyone wants to give. Please point out stuff like this so we can see it and of course that don't mean we won't miss others down the road. I also am trying a formula I came up with that gives every team in the state points based on their performance each week. So every team in the state is getting looked at and has a opportunity accumulate points and be ranked.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Ace in the Hole, The Red Eminence, Walt Longmire
Bull does a good job and puts a lot of effort in these posts
[-] The following 4 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Bull got out!, DangerMouse, Deuce8, The Red Eminence
(08-27-2024, 11:54 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Bull does a good job and puts a lot of effort in these posts
Yes, he does. He does an exemplary job.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, The Red Eminence
(08-27-2024, 01:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-27-2024, 11:54 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Bull does a good job and puts a lot of effort in these posts
Yes, he does. He does an exemplary job.
You and Jet don’t give him no help with these rankings? Just kidding OSH
(08-26-2024, 09:04 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Top 25

1. Boyle
2. Trinity
3. Frederick Douglass
4. ST X
5. Bowling Green
6. Bryan Station
7. Dupont Manual
8. Male
9. Cooper
10. Beechwood
11. Paducah Tilghman
12. Corbin
13. Franklin County
14. Highlands
15. Owensboro
16. CAL
17. South Warren
18. Pikeville
19. Bullitt East
20. LCA
21. Ballard
22. Simon Kenton
23. Madison Central
24. Owensboro Catholic
25. Ashland

First week polls are always hard. You don’t really know what team is going to make big strides in an off season or what changes in staff or players leave, stay or transfer in. 

No one asked but I think Boyle is probably behind Trinity and Fredrick Douglass but that’s all just talk. I just think right now, both of those teams could beat Boyle. One of them gets their chance in a couple months to prove me wrong. 

Beechwood I still think is the right place and Pulaski is better than we all thought. 

CAL in the right spot and Owensboro a little highly ranked but again, first week is all conjecture.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DangerMouse's post:
  • Bull got out!
I realize these are just opinions with not much data to base rankings on to start the season. Thats why I said "time will tell". I don't care where you place teams someone will not be happy. I wasn't being critical just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ace in the Hole's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-27-2024, 02:43 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: I realize these are just opinions with not much data to base rankings on to start the season.  Thats why I said "time will tell".  I don't care where you place teams someone will not be happy.  I wasn't being critical just my opinion.

I for one am glad you pointed it out. Keep doing so. You were right. I actually like post where its football talk and constructive criticism. Thats what its all about.  Smile Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Ace in the Hole
(08-27-2024, 02:27 PM)DangerMouse Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 09:04 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Top 25

1. Boyle
2. Trinity
3. Frederick Douglass
4. ST X
5. Bowling Green
6. Bryan Station
7. Dupont Manual
8. Male
9. Cooper
10. Beechwood
11. Paducah Tilghman
12. Corbin
13. Franklin County
14. Highlands
15. Owensboro
16. CAL
17. South Warren
18. Pikeville
19. Bullitt East
20. LCA
21. Ballard
22. Simon Kenton
23. Madison Central
24. Owensboro Catholic
25. Ashland

First week polls are always hard. You don’t really know what team is going to make big strides in an off season or what changes in staff or players leave, stay or transfer in. 

No one asked but I think Boyle is probably behind Trinity and Fredrick Douglass but that’s all just talk. I just think right now, both of those teams could beat Boyle. One of them gets their chance in a couple months to prove me wrong. 

Beechwood I still think is the right place and Pulaski is better than we all thought. 

CAL in the right spot and Owensboro a little highly ranked but again, first week is all conjecture.

I think the next 2 games for Boyle will tell alot about them since they matchup with a good Bryan Station team and they play a out of state power house in Ohio. Even with saying that, Boyle playes FD the last game of the regular season at home. So talking about a statement game for both teams. We should know where everybody stacks up by then. In all classes.
1. Trinity
2. Boyle
3. Frederick Douglass
4. ST X
5. Bowling Green
6. Male
7. Bryan Station
8. Cooper
9. Paducah Tilghman
10. CAL
11. South Warren
12. Franklin County
13. Corbin
14. Highlands
15. Dupont Manual
16. Owensboro Catholic
17. Beechwood
18. Ryle
19. Owensboro
20. Scott Co
21. Pikeville
22. Central
23. LCA
24. Ballard
25. Ashland

Round out the top 40:
Lexington Catholic
Covington Catholic
Graves County
Mayfield
Bullitt East
Pulaski County
Simon Kenton
Madison Central
Belfry
Johnson Central
North Laurel
Madisonville-NH
Tates Creek
North Hardin
Somerset
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-29-2024, 05:36 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: 1. Trinity
2. Boyle
3. Frederick Douglass
4. ST X
5. Bowling Green
6. Male
7. Bryan Station
8. Cooper
9. Paducah Tilghman
10. CAL
11. South Warren
12. Franklin County
13. Corbin
14. Highlands
15. Dupont Manual
16. Owensboro Catholic
17. Beechwood
18. Ryle
19. Owensboro
20. Scott Co
21. Pikeville
22. Central
23. LCA
24. Ballard
25. Ashland

Round out the top 40:
Lexington Catholic
Covington Catholic
Graves County
Mayfield
Bullitt East
Pulaski County
Simon Kenton
Madison Central
Belfry
Johnson Central
North Laurel
Madisonville-NH
Tates Creek
North Hardin
Somerset

Nice!
I think you have made a good poll with what information you have before games started.
I see some polls that I think are spot on, and I see some that I think are terrible.

They never give out any awards for polls, so I never lose sleep over them.

At the end of the season if you host a trophy, that is the only team that achieved their ultimate goal.

If you don’t, who cares if you were ranked 6th instead of 4th for half a season?
[-] The following 1 user Likes truebluefan89's post:
  • Bull got out!