Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Programs Not Contending for a District Title
How many programs are NOT competing in their assigned districts this year?  Is this strategy helping them re-build and become competitive, again?  Thoughts….
(08-17-2024, 01:32 PM)ROTC Wrote: How many programs are NOT competing in their assigned districts this year?  Is this strategy helping them re-build and become competitive, again?  Thoughts….

I am going to state the obvious.  Not competing in a district can be a SMALL part of a much larger plan to help struggling programs turn things around.  You need a very supportive administration, a great coach and coaching staff,  community support, a good feeder program, and some talent among other things.
I’m not against this IF you know there is no way you can compete in your district. Play a schedule that will build some confidence going forward and then get back in ASAP. If you are gonna get throttled by 50 every game, it kills morale. I know this isn’t a popular opinion, but as mentioned by Westside, if it’s handled correctly, it can be what the program needs to rebuild.
Trying to think of programs that have actually rebuilt by doing this.
The only one I know of; or think I know of is- Lawrence. Didn’t they drop out for a cycle?
I don't remember that, but it would be a good example of it working if true.