Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
13th Region Summer Ball
(06-14-2024, 12:13 AM)FlyPattern Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 08:52 PM)runthepill Wrote: Awful early to be crowning a champion but I will agree S.Laurel and Harlan Co will be going in as favorites. I do think Clay will be in the thick of things and will get very interesting if Bundy is granted the extra yr. Great seeing the 13th getting recognized state wide once again

Clay has petitioned for Bundy to get an extra year. With his age I’m hearing really good chance this happens. I don’t know all the details of the situation but I’m 100% sure they have petitioned for the year. Maybe someone on here can enlighten us on further details of the situation 

Could you explain this?
(06-14-2024, 01:09 PM)runthepill Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 08:52 PM)runthepill Wrote: Awful early to be crowning a champion but I will agree S.Laurel and Harlan Co will be going in as favorites. I do think Clay will be in the thick of things and will get very interesting if Bundy is granted the extra yr. Great seeing the 13th getting recognized state wide once again

Clay has petitioned for Bundy to get an extra year. With his age I’m hearing really good chance this happens. I don’t know all the details of the situation but I’m 100% sure they have petitioned for the year. Maybe someone on here can enlighten us on further details of the situation 

Could you explain this?
Do HS players get extra years ? For what reason or reasons ?
(06-13-2024, 08:52 PM)runthepill Wrote: Awful early to be crowning a champion but I will agree S.Laurel and Harlan Co will be going in as favorites. I do think Clay will be in the thick of things and will get very interesting if Bundy is granted the extra yr. Great seeing the 13th getting recognized state wide once again.
Obviously a different story if they get Bundy back(very doubtful in my opinion) but from what I saw yesterday I would move Bell County above Clay---just summer ball but Bell plays with a lot more intensity.
Did Roark play yesterday vs Bell?
(06-14-2024, 08:05 PM)FlyPattern Wrote: Did Roark play yesterday vs Bell?
Why wouldn't he play? Injury ?
He played against SL and Bell although I left at the half when Bell was up by 20ish
(06-14-2024, 08:57 PM)IBUFFALO Wrote:
Why wouldn't he play? Injury ?

heard he didn’t play today for them at Lindsey Wilson, was wondering if had earlier in the week.
South Laurel goes 5-1 at Collins to finish summer at 24-2 in varsity contests
(06-13-2024, 08:52 PM)runthepill Wrote: Awful early to be crowning a champion but I will agree S.Laurel and Harlan Co will be going in as favorites. I do think Clay will be in the thick of things and will get very interesting if Bundy is granted the extra yr. Great seeing the 13th getting recognized state wide once again.

Could you explain this?
Yes, an explanation of getting an extra year is warranted here !!
(06-25-2024, 03:35 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:

Could you explain this?
Yes, an explanation of getting an extra year is warranted here !!
Was he hurt? And his age? Those are the only 2 things that will make a difference with KHSAA in opinion. Otherwise almost no chance.
KHSAA Bylaws have said four years once you're promoted from 8th grade. I don't think it matters if you started high school at 12. You have to take care of the "staying back" part in junior high. Players sometimes got an extra year for injuries in the 90s, but I think they took that our years ago.
Not sure why the KHSAA would ever make exceptions, because then it seems like it comes down to who you know.
Know Pineville had a great summer and OBI is better. Anybody else show themselves to be a contender for the All A? Didn't hear much out of Jackson County, Williamsburg, or Middlesboro. Anything on those teams?
Yes I remember those getting extra yrs in the 90’s . I’m told the Bundt situation has nothing to do with injury. I keep hearing it’s due to “unfortunate circumstances”.
(06-27-2024, 11:43 AM)dodger Wrote: Know Pineville had a great summer and OBI is better. Anybody else show themselves to be a contender for the All A? Didn't hear much out of Jackson County, Williamsburg, or Middlesboro. Anything on those teams?

I'd guess Pineville and OBI will be the only Class A teams in the top 10. WIlliamsburg is the defending champ, so you could make a case for them. Jackson County should also be competitive, and Barbourville should be better after a down season.
Mboro, Lynn Camp and Harlan lost four starters each and have a long way to go next year. Red Bird is still at the bottom barring some major additions.
(06-27-2024, 11:43 AM)dodger Wrote: Know Pineville had a great summer and OBI is better.  Anybody else show themselves to be a contender for the All A?  Didn't hear much out of Jackson County, Williamsburg, or Middlesboro.  Anything on those teams?
Pineville and Jackson will be the class of A in the 13th imop. Although I saw pineville at the Collins event and they lost to some weak teams no A in the region can touch them. Also responding to bump the forum, those 14th and 15th guys are killing it. lol where are we 13th conspiracy theorists?