Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 91 Letcher Central 88 (2 OT)
North Laurel wins in double overtime at Leslie County.

North Laurel

Seidel 37 Pts 7 Rebs
Dalton 22 " 7 "

LCC
Banks 26 Pts 6 Rebs
Blair 21 " 10 Assts 7 Stls
Profitt 15 "
Reynolds 10 "6 "
Sounds like a good one!
Congrats Jags!
NBA type score, amazing.
Man, LCC is playing teams so close and just can't seem to catch a break..Keep working guys, and Congrats North Laurel on the win!!
Where does North Laurel stack up in the 13th?
sounds like a really nice showing for the cougars
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Where does North Laurel stack up in the 13th?

13th has a lot of good teams in it, that could beat anyone on any giving night. I would say NL is around 7th or 8th team in the 13th.
No way are they 7th or 8th. If they are, the 13th is strong this year. They have beaten S. Laurel already this year.
Congrats NL
UKisN1 Wrote:No way are they 7th or 8th. If they are, the 13th is strong this year. They have beaten S. Laurel already this year.

Cumberland
Knox Central
Clay Co
Corbin
Pineville
Bell Co.
Maybe even Lynn Camp who is playing good ball right now.

Im not taking anything away from the Jaguars. I just think there are 6 or 7 teams better than them in the 13th but like I said anyone can beat anyone on any giving night!
North laurel is 3-1. they have beat South laurel, knott co.Central, and LCC. They lost to Jackson Co.Game could have went either way. Bank's 5th foul at end of 1st overtime was a horrible call.Should have been a jumpball or at least a no-call.In my opinion Spencer and Hutton called well---MacIntosh called, well let's just say inconsistent is a word that comes to mind. 77 free-throws shot in this one.North will surprise some people.Lcc is a week or two from hitting their stride. They could easily be 5-0 or 4-1 the same as they are1-4. Some finetuning and this bunch will be OK
Agree Windsprint! LCC will be just fine this year! Definately a fun team to watch!
Good game LC
Great win Jags.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Agree Windsprint! LCC will be just fine this year! Definately a fun team to watch!

As long as they can learn and improve from these games, the losses wont mean much when it comes time to play in the district and regional tournaments.
LCC will be tough by the end of the year
I think so too thegr81. Started off behind because Banks, Brock, Adams, Smith,Hammonds, Hogg, and Stephens all played football and all dress varsity. Had to hurt their early practices not having these kids there to scrimmage with. Teams like JBS only play basketball year -round so they have the early season advantage. Knott, Perry, East Ridge,and North laurel ( the teams LCC has lost to) either didn't make the playoffs or were eliminated in 1st round so they had had two or more weeks practice than LCC.The kids at LCC will catch up by Jan and then things may be a little different.
Sounds like this was a great game!