Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Carousel
Wolfe’s team have been playing together since young kids. They’ve finally matured into being competitive. The region is theirs to lose for the next 2 seasons imo. I think Wolfe had a good season this year. They went 19-8 while winning the All A.

I’m sure they’re blue over losing the district championship and getting knocked out in the first round of region. Seems like they may have peaked a little early.

Id like to hear the reasoning for wanting to fire Coach Rigsby. If y’all don’t mind I’d like to know some detailed reasons ? And while we’re at it what has Robert Scott done to not deserve canned also ? I mean he had 2 teams that should have won region. I’m starting to think Rigsby being an outsider is the big reason.
Rigsby is not the reason that program is on the rise. Those kids playing together since they were young and playing travel ball together since 8u has them where they are now . Rigsby has made bad coaching decisions in big games, and doesn’t prepare well for those games. WC was not ready for Hazard. Plus he focuses more on his travel ball team because it pays more then WC job. Give Wolfe a coach like Meehan, see what they can do .
(06-24-2024, 05:36 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: Rigsby is not the reason that program is on the rise. Those kids playing together since they were young and playing travel ball together since 8u has them where they are now . Rigsby has made bad coaching decisions in big games, and doesn’t prepare well for those games. WC was not ready for Hazard. Plus he focuses more on his travel ball team because it pays more then WC job. Give Wolfe a coach like Meehan, see what they can do .

Didn’t Rigsby / Wolfe knock out the favorites to win it all last year aka Meehan / Hazard ? Didn’t Rigsby / Wolfe beat Varney / Hazard in the All Tournament ?

I personally think Wolfe got on their high horse a little early this year and thought they couldn’t be beat. When they lost the district championship to Breathitt it crushed their souls. They wasn’t able to recover for the Regional tourney.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chubby Smith's post:
  • Bluecat
I heard it straight from a Wolfe Baseball Assistant that Rigsby had gotten his "pink slip" way back around the 1st of May. He said a lot of players and parents didn't like him. And almost ot of it was due to summer/travel ball.

I'm pretty sure Alex Hamilton is chomping at the bit to take over.
(06-25-2024, 09:08 AM)catsrule Wrote: I heard it straight from a Wolfe Baseball Assistant that Rigsby had gotten his "pink slip" way back around the 1st of May.    He said a lot of players and parents didn't like him.  And almost ot of it was due to summer/travel ball.

Gross hire if it happens
(06-25-2024, 09:08 AM)catsrule Wrote: I heard it straight from a Wolfe Baseball Assistant that Rigsby had gotten his "pink slip" way back around the 1st of May.    He said a lot of players and parents didn't like him.  And almost ot of it was due to summer/travel ball.

I have heard Alex rumored through parents but no remarks by him about this position. He was offered the job before Rigsby took it in 2021/22. Irregardless if they pursue him I don't think its terrible but don't think he is actively pursing any coaching job at the time. And this is speaking to him a little over two weeks ago about all kinds of baseball. 

I had heard the same and Rigsby was putting in at Letcher and that he had thought he had the job.

(06-25-2024, 02:21 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:

Gross hire if it happens

@Radial_Armsaw you could always apply. Have had plenty of opinions on coaches around the area. Outside of the incident that proceeded him that was dismissed I think he fits in somewhere with a team eventually. I got to watch him coach at Breathitt and he poured a lot of time and energy into that program without ever asking for a dime and it showed in 2023 for those boys. 

But you've had opinions on many coaches in here but you've never applied once. Prolly couldn't put together an affective inning of coaching baseball. 

Just tired of seeing people blowing people up on here and you're one that constantly circulates.
Wonder how long before hires are made at lcc & Wolfe then?? Kids need to know whether to stay or transfer cause I know most do not want to play for daddy ball in hs especially the older and more experienced players.

If rigsby put in for lcc, then I’m guessing he’ll be the hire there at this point cause no one new had applied by region.
Any coaching decisions should be made by end of dead period in my opinion. I agree the kids deserve to know what is going on with their program so they can make decisions for themselves.
I don’t think Rigsby has done a bad job at all.
(06-28-2024, 11:50 AM)Bulldog19 Wrote: I don’t think Rigsby has done a bad job at all.
I agree with this. Fell a little short from winning region last year but Hazard knocked them off and Powell. Not like they lost to a nobody. And that is another team everyone better watch out for because if I heard right they only had 1 senior as well so it isn't a done deal that Wolfe will win a region the next year or two either.

Unless there is other reasons for them wanting to get rid of Rigsby I don't understand the why.
I feel like the Wolfe County faithful thought their team was a lot better than what they really was. Wolfe was very capable of winning region this year just like 4-5 other teams.

Let’s say Rigsby is out. Who would be interested in the job ?

Alex Hamilton ? He has a lot of baseball experience , no doubt he knows pitching. He was at Breathitt for 2 seasons. They played good schedules and competed well in the region.

Bryan Dean ? He’s a hall of fame coach. He’s really good with pitchers. He demands perfection from his players. Can the Wolfe County kids handle Dean’s style of coaching ?

TeWayne Willis ? Another one with plenty of baseball experience. Always seemed like a players coach. He led Breathitt to a regional championship before leaving for Perry. Most believe he had 2-3 commodore teams capable of winning region and he never got close.

That’s the only 3 replacements I can think of. Maybe they have more in mind. My opinion If the parents / fans / players have already turned on Rigsby he might as well turn his keys in.
I could see either of those 3 being a good hire. If Rigsby is out due to parents, Dean may be a tough fit. Hamilton has good baseball knowledge but his past could hurt (not getting to that). Willis under performed at Perry but I feel he had way more pressure from higher authorities that held him back, which is odd with the Meehan hire if that stuff continues. The pieces are there to win, just need to find the right fit as a coach. Sometimes though teams try too hard to make people happy. That is the difference between good teams and good Programs. Programs focus on team first. They don't worry about the outside influence.
(06-24-2024, 05:47 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 05:36 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: Rigsby is not the reason that program is on the rise. Those kids playing together since they were young  and playing travel ball together since 8u has them where they are now . Rigsby has made bad coaching decisions in big games, and doesn’t prepare well for those games. WC was not ready for Hazard.  Plus he focuses more on his travel ball team because it pays more then WC job. Give Wolfe a coach like Meehan, see what they can do .

Didn’t Rigsby / Wolfe knock out the favorites to win it all last year aka Meehan / Hazard ? Didn’t Rigsby / Wolfe beat Varney / Hazard in the All Tournament ?

I personally think Wolfe got on their high horse a little early this year and thought they couldn’t be beat. When they lost the district championship to Breathitt it crushed their souls. They wasn’t able to recover for the Regional tourney.
Personally I don’t think Wolfe got on their high horse too early. The program has never won anything, so they didn’t have that cocky attitude like it was going to be given to them. This past season was wide open , especially in the region tournament, proof being that Estill won it and a lot of people didn’t predict that happening. Rigsby was not given a pink slip at the end of season, otherwise he probably wouldn’t be coaching about 7 of the WC players this summer. If he puts in for LCC job, I hope he gets it, that way he’s out of Wolfe and other people can see him behind the scenes. I wish the best for Wolfe, they deserve the best opportunities to win, especially with this group of kids.
I’m gonna go ahead and call BS on Rigsby putting in for the Letcher job. Gonna be very few people interested in coaching Letcher due to location.
I’m saying if rigsby did put in for lcc, then it has to be him cause only players dads had applied by region. Never said he had applied or not, if a team wants to kill their program and have good baseball players not play…..then dean is the perfect hire. Cussing kids out vs showing the correct way along with the way he treated an autistic kid at lcc……not even going to mention how he treated parents, not the complainers but good people who just want to support the kids and program. That’s just what I know from friends who’s kid played & put up with that bs on 2 different occasions. Location has nothing to do with lcc, it’s about the $$ and if they’re going to be comparable and competitive vs other schools. They lost 1 senior and have a good feeder program, will be a contender next year with the right coach.
Rigsby is a quality coach. Wolfe will miss him, especially in a few years after the current pack graduates.
I just don't see Wolfe moving on from Rigsby especially with that group they have. Let's just say they do indeed move on from Rigsby. Who do they bring in? If Rigsby is let go how many players leave Wolfe? One would think you would have to consider that.
(07-01-2024, 01:20 PM)Bulldog19 Wrote: I just don't see Wolfe moving on from Rigsby especially with that group they have. Let's just say they do indeed move on from Rigsby. Who do they bring in? If Rigsby is let go how many players leave Wolfe? One would think you would have to consider that.
I don’t see any players leaving wolfe if Rigsby leaves. Those kids have been together playing for the same school teams and travel ball organizations since coach pitch and have a chance to make history. Wolfe turned a lot of heads the last two years and should get more interest in the job than they did when rigsby got it. I think with the right coach like Dean or Hamilton Wolfe could put the pieces together to make a real run this year.
I heard a “rumor” last week. That Benny Campbell & Troy Wilson are both wanting the job. Seems a little far fetched to me.
(06-25-2024, 05:46 PM)SidelineFan Wrote:

I have heard Alex rumored through parents but no remarks by him about this position. He was offered the job before Rigsby took it in 2021/22. Irregardless if they pursue him I don't think its terrible but don't think he is actively pursing any coaching job at the time. And this is speaking to him a little over two weeks ago about all kinds of baseball. 

I had heard the same and Rigsby was putting in at Letcher and that he had thought he had the job.

Gross hire if it happens

@Radial_Armsaw you could always apply. Have had plenty of opinions on coaches around the area. Outside of the incident that proceeded him that was dismissed I think he fits in somewhere with a team eventually. I got to watch him coach at Breathitt and he poured a lot of time and energy into that program without ever asking for a dime and it showed in 2023 for those boys. 

But you've had opinions on many coaches in here but you've never applied once. Prolly couldn't put together an affective inning of coaching baseball. 

Just tired of seeing people blowing people up on here and you're one that constantly circulates.
My opinion on that situation has literally 0% to do with baseball.
(07-01-2024, 02:56 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:
(06-25-2024, 05:46 PM)SidelineFan Wrote:

Gross hire if it happens

My opinion on that situation has literally 0% to do with baseball.

I get it. Opinions are opinions and I guess on a private chat forum is the correct place to have them. Time will tell and if they do explore that option I am sure the opinionated past is irrelevant to the hiring of who they do. But the future is bright for the next two years in Campton and that needs to be addressed.
Can Alex hamilton even pass a child abuse neglect check after the incident that got him fired from breathitt? The story on the news made it seem as though he shouldn't ever coach kids again
(07-01-2024, 06:41 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Can Alex hamilton even pass a child abuse neglect check after the incident that got him fired from breathitt? The story on the news made it seem as though he shouldn't ever coach kids again

Yes he has no problem passing one. CPS never pressed charges and his case resolved in a non guilt suit I do know for a fact. 

We all know how the news makes things seem more than they are which is what happen here in my opinion. But again this isn’t a place to chat about rumors and opinions. You can message me if interested in what I know.

(07-02-2024, 12:22 AM)SidelineFan Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 06:41 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Can Alex hamilton even pass a child abuse neglect check after the incident that got him fired from breathitt? The story on the news made it seem as though he shouldn't ever coach kids again

Yes he has no problem passing one. CPS never pressed charges and his case resolved in a non guilt suit I do know for a fact. 

We all know how the news makes things seem more than they are which is what happen here in my opinion. But again this isn’t a place to chat about rumors and opinions. You can message me if interested in what I know.

let me rephrase the news part. They can make it seem more or less than what something is. I take it with a grain of salt now a days until both sides come out which typically creates a full sided story. Which is what I believe happen here. But I was around enough to hear what was going on with him from some of our parents of players.
I don’t see Alex wanting to coach again. He probably has plenty better things to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medusa's post:
  • SidelineFan
If you are a WC fan let’s all hope Rigsby leaves and they find a coach who wants to be there for the kids , not to better his coaching career. Rigsby does not care about the players. If you want WC to be in the hunt but not win the region championship, then you want him to stay at WC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HappyPappy's post:
  • SidelineFan
Was talking to a parent and she said Varney has stepped down at Hazard. Anyone else hearing this?
(07-02-2024, 10:53 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: If you are a WC fan let’s all hope Rigsby leaves and they find a coach who wants to be there for the kids , not to better his coaching career. Rigsby does not care about the players. If you want WC to be in the hunt but not win the region championship, then you want him to stay at WC.

I had heard about this as well. Maybe taking a job with a company doing fundraising? Was told it had a bigger oppurtunity to stay home and make money.
(07-22-2024, 03:39 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Was talking to a parent and she said Varney has stepped down at Hazard. Anyone else hearing this?

Has anyone heard if this is true ? I’m curious if it can be
(07-23-2024, 02:15 PM)HappyPappy Wrote:
(07-22-2024, 03:39 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Was talking to a parent and she said Varney has stepped down at Hazard. Anyone else hearing this?

Has anyone heard if this is true ? I’m curious if it can be
From what I am hearing it is true. Also sounds as if Bryan Dean may be taking over. This is coming from couple parents I have talked from Hazard though so not sure the accuracy.
Hazard should just hire Mike Davidson. He’s probably the best coach in the region anyway boys wise. Kids love him. Gets 110% from all his players.