Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Baseball Tournament
Draw just now completed. Tournament will start Monday, May 27th, Memorial Day. First game is at 11am 

Lawrence County vs. Paintsville
Pike Central vs. Pikeville

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley
Johnson Central vs. Prestonsburg
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Lawrence
Pikeville

Valley
JC

Pikeville
JC

Pikeville
My guess is a Prestonsburg-Pikeville final. We'll see how that plays out. I think 3/4 first round games outside of Pikeville-Pike Central will be an absolute toss up.
(05-23-2024, 02:27 PM)-STAT- Wrote: Draw just now completed. Tournament will start Monday, May 27th, Memorial Day. First game is at 11am 

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley
I see a Pikeville vs JC final unless Prestonsburg pulls the upset.
(05-23-2024, 02:27 PM)-STAT- Wrote: Draw just now completed. Tournament will start Monday, May 27th, Memorial Day. First game is at 11am 

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley

Estimated game times. 

LC vs. Paintsville 11am
Pikeville vs. PC 2pm

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley 5pm
JC-Prestonsburg 8pm
Really tough draw for Lawrence County who has a good, solid team this year. They will have their hands full with Paintsville and then have to turn around and beat Pikeville to even get to the championship game.
(05-23-2024, 03:08 PM)Truewords Wrote:

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley
Not quite sure I’d call that an upset. Prestonsburg beat JC earlier in the season and outside of Pikeville, have probably played the toughest schedule in the 15th. Their record may look wonky but their schedule has been grueling. Should be a great contest regardless. This whole tournament should be exciting with so much parity.
(05-24-2024, 09:08 AM)BCF4L Wrote:

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley
Not quite sure I’d call that an upset. Prestonsburg beat JC earlier in the season and outside of Pikeville, have probably played the toughest schedule in the 15th. Their record may look wonky but their schedule has been grueling. Should be a great contest regardless. This whole tournament should be exciting with so much parity.
Prestonsburg has probably the 2nd best 1-2 pitching duo behind Duty and Thompson at Pikeville in the region. Belfry has a solid top 2 with Adkins and Varney but they struggle to score runs. I’m guessing Pburg will pitch Welch against JC and then use their 3rd arm in the semis and try to save Allen for the championship. If Belfry can beat Valley without using Varney and be able to use him in the semis I could easily see where Belfry is playing Thursday. He is a top 5 pitcher in the region. Who pitched in that game for Pburg when they beat JC
Lawrence 
Paintsville

Pike Central
Pikeville

Belfry
Shelby Valley

Johnson Central
Prestonsburg

Lawrence
Pikeville

Belfry
Johnson Central

Pikeville vs Johnson Central with Pikeville winning it all. Winner of Pburg & JC will make it to the finals. I think will be the best game of the tournament.
Prestonsburg has a chance when Welch is on the mound, but otherwise they're a very mediocre team. Their schedule hasn't been any tougher than the other top teams in the region. And they've taken on the personality of their coach, which is not a compliment.
Paintsville
Pikeville

Belfry
Prestonsburg

Pikeville
Prestonsburg

Pikeville
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(05-24-2024, 11:15 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote: Prestonsburg has a chance when Welch is on the mound, but otherwise they're a very mediocre team.  Their schedule hasn't been any tougher than the other top teams in the region.  And they've taken on the personality of their coach, which is not a compliment.
Pburg also has Allen, who could beat any team in the region on any given night.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(05-24-2024, 10:16 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg has probably the 2nd best 1-2 pitching duo behind Duty and Thompson at Pikeville in the region. Belfry has a solid top 2 with Adkins and Varney but they struggle to score runs. I’m guessing Pburg will pitch Welch against JC and then use their 3rd arm in the semis and try to save Allen for the championship. If Belfry can beat Valley without using Varney and be able to use him in the semis I could easily see where Belfry is playing Thursday. He is a top 5 pitcher in the region. Who pitched in that game for Pburg when they beat JC
Belfry better not save anyone for 2nd round or there will not be a second round. Belfry threw Adkins both times against Valley and lost both games. Might want to win first game then worry about 2nd round.
(05-23-2024, 03:03 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: My guess is a Prestonsburg-Pikeville final. We'll see how that plays out. I think 3/4 first round games outside of Pikeville-Pike Central will be an absolute toss up.

Just bringing this back to the top. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Westside
(05-24-2024, 11:15 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote: Prestonsburg has a chance when Welch is on the mound, but otherwise they're a very mediocre team.  Their schedule hasn't been any tougher than the other top teams in the region.  And they've taken on the personality of their coach, which is not a compliment.
I’d like to bring this post back up as well. Good call! Enjoy watching Prestonsburg in the title game from the couch!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
(05-26-2024, 11:00 AM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-24-2024, 10:16 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley
Belfry better not save anyone for 2nd round or there will not be a second round. Belfry threw Adkins both times against Valley and lost both games. Might want to win first game then worry about 2nd round.
Belfry is never ready/prepared for this tournament and that’s not a knock on thier players. Coaches job to get them ready through tough games through out season. This seasons schedule was the weakest in last 10 years. Change might need to occur here also.
(05-29-2024, 11:22 AM)BCF4L Wrote:
I’d like to bring this post back up as well. Good call! Enjoy watching Prestonsburg in the title game from the couch!

The mediocre Blackcat offense sure showed up the last two nights, can't believe they've only scored 24 runs this week and had close to 20 hits last night.  Big Grin
I stand by the post. Shelby Valley and Belfry aren't exactly the '27 Yankees. P-burg ought to try winning the district at least once before they start crowing. Maybe next year will be the year!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry Dawg's post:
  • East KY All Stars
(05-29-2024, 03:41 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote: I stand by the post.  Shelby Valley and Belfry aren't exactly the '27 Yankees.  P-burg ought to try winning the district at least once before they start crowing.  Maybe next year will be the year!

Not knocking a district title by any means, but I'd much rather have the trophy that they could be holding after tomorrow night.
(05-29-2024, 04:07 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 03:41 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote: I stand by the post.  Shelby Valley and Belfry aren't exactly the '27 Yankees.  P-burg ought to try winning the district at least once before they start crowing.  Maybe next year will be the year!

Not knocking a district title by any means, but I'd much rather have the trophy that they could be holding after tomorrow night.
Prestonsburg gave Pikeville all they wanted last game at Pikeville. If they can put some pitching together then it’s a home game and they have a chance. I admit I didn’t give Pburg credit they deserved went back looked at their schedule and they played some good competition and are in the championship game. Only way to win it is to make it there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
My mistake--forgot they beat JC instead of Belfry in the first round. That was a good win (pains me to say it). I will (begrudgingly) give them credit if they take out Pikeville tomorrow night. Stranger things have certainly happened.