Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitchell Report on Steroids
George Mitchell will have a press conference Thursday at 2pm to release his findings from his 20 month witch hunt into MLB. The press conference will be carried live on MLB.com, and I would think also prob on ESPNEWS. Anyone else as excited, in a good and bad way, that we will finally get this out of the way? I look forward to the findings, but also afraid of the damage it may do to the game. The report should also be available in print form in the coming days, for any other nerds like me who like to study that kind of stuff for themselves.
I'm glad it's going to finally start putting some type of closure on the whole steroids debate. I'm sick of it filling up airtime when ESPN could be talking about more pertinent issues to the day. The truth is, players used them. Some of the players who used them were great, some who used them were mediocre at best. For a long time it was an accepted part of the game. Then it was banned, but not adequately tested for or addressed.

Who's fault was it? Everybody. Players liked the effect on their bodies. MLB liked the money they made from the superior athletes. Fans loved what the players were able to do on the juice.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I've read that the report should list 60-80 current and former players...even some past MVP's. Like the positive test over the years have shown, more pitchers than position players used...most being less than stellar middle-relievers, looking for a slight edge.
Seems like Clemens is going to be on the list.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guys are going to see more names than Clemens that surprise you. Sucks that Clemens will be on it, but it won't take away from me what he did early in his career just like I still respect Bonds for how good he was early in his career. These guys would have been fine without help but they just couldn't let go of the game or didn't want to show that their decline through age.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:You guys are going to see more names than Clemens that surprise you.

Agreed. This will be shocking. I am just surprised it wont be naming more than 60 or 80.
venom93 Wrote:Agreed. This will be shocking. I am just surprised it wont be naming more than 60 or 80.

We could probably name that many between the Bosoxs, and Yanks... :thatsfunn
venom93 Wrote:Agreed. This will be shocking. I am just surprised it wont be naming more than 60 or 80.

You know there are more, but the thing is it's so hard to prove and this report is only naming guys he can prove with certainty. If not he'd have some chargers pressed against him for slander and what not. I just hope it isn't a rehash of names as many on ESPN are saying it might be. I still expect a few big names other than Clemens on there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've heard Pettite will also be named...seems a Yankee's trainer blew the horn on both.
Does anyone really care anymore? Now this is all we are goin to hear about for the next three months...
Former (Current) Reds that were named (ones that I could find): Benito Santiago, Ron Villone, Jose Guillen, Hal Morris, Denny Neagle, Ryan Franklin, Kent Mercker, Scott Schoeneweis.

Jack Armstrong's name was mentioned in the report, not for sure if it was putting allegations towards him.

Hal Morris took steroids while with the Reds. It "really" helped him..LOL
Amun-Ra Wrote:Does anyone really care anymore? Now this is all we are goin to hear about for the next three months...
Not at all. Unless some action is taken from it which doesn't seem to be the case.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:Not at all. Unless some action is taken from it which doesn't seem to be the case.

did you watch Bud Selig's presser?? There will most DEFINITELY be some recourse for the accused.
Maybe so, but his "case-by-case" idea is not gonna fly with the Union, in my opinion. I think their statement at 6 pm is gonna be the best of the bunch so far.
i think the fact that mitchell sits on the board for the red sox made this a little biast towards certain teams. They said all 30 teams were involved, but you didn't hear too many, except for Mo Vaun and he's not even a current red sox...it seemed to me it was a yankee witch hunt. If there going to go through all this trouble to bash baseball i wish they would turn their attention to football...there steriod problem is more prominent than baseballs
bigE Wrote:i think the fact that mitchell sits on the board for the red sox made this a little biast towards certain teams. They said all 30 teams were involved, but you didn't hear too many, except for Mo Vaun and he's not even a current red sox...it seemed to me it was a yankee witch hunt. If there going to go through all this trouble to bash baseball i wish they would turn their attention to football...there steriod problem is more prominent than baseballs
How do u get that the NFL is worse concerning steroids? Their testing is much better than baseball's ever will be.
Amun-Ra Wrote:How do u get that the NFL is worse concerning steroids? Their testing is much better than baseball's ever will be.

I don't think there's a 'problem' with either. If there is, its the fact that ALL of them aren't doing it.

HGH when used in moderation, along with things such as Deca, or cutting drugs such as Winstrol... are very safe. And provide for greater competition. HgH hs described as the fountain of youth by many. Its natural, produced by your own body, and its an essential building block for growth in all forms.....

Steroids should be legal and should be able to be purchased OVER the counter..... HgH should be as well, although most can't afford it.
I hate that they are doing this!! All of this is so overrated!
Amun-Ra Wrote:How do u get that the NFL is worse concerning steroids? Their testing is much better than baseball's ever will be.

The media only tells you its better, we really dont know what kind of testing they have...the simple fact is that theres a double-standard when it comes to football and baseball regarding this issue. For example, Rodney Harrison from the Patriots admitted to HGH, and what happened to him? Basically nothing, he was made out to be a hero because he was just trying to get back on the field to help his team, and the fans of football loved him for it. There was no talk about taking championships away, or disregarding a few of his stats over the years. There was no talk about crusifing him like they did with baseball...Andy Pettite had basically the same excuse for using HGH, but people are looking at him like he should be ashamed of himself, as well as all the other Yankees that Mitchell went after. And Harrison admitted to using it over a long period of time, and Pettite only used a couple times to rehabilitate his elbow and then quit.

Baseball definetely dropped the ball on this, not getting to root of it before it got out of control, but there is a double-standard when it comes to the two and thats undeniable.