Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyon County vs. Owensboro Catholic Updates
Game has now tipped.

9-5, Lyons lead, almost midway through the first quarter.
C Jack, are you watching these games at the Arena?
(01-25-2024, 02:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: C Jack, are you watching these games at the Arena?

I wish I were, but no.

At the half, Lyon County leads 39-18.
The Corbin Arena is a nice facility but the court is probably 50 feet from the seating area for fans. It’s a little bit of a different setup for basketball. It was built for multiple uses such as horse shows and concerts.
No atmosphere for a ball game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-25-2024, 02:54 PM)Spud6 Wrote: No atmosphere for a ball game
I’ll admit, it definitely doesn’t have the feel of a big statewide tournament like was at EKU. I felt the same way in the arena in Frankfort when it was held there for several years, no atmosphere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Cactus Jack
I know the sentiment will lead to the “play the 15th at High Schools” argument, but after having an opportunity to see a game at both, the Appalachian Wireless Arena is 10:1 a better place to watch basketball as a fan. Much more of an enclosed feel. Corbin also just had four speaker poles on each corner of the court which didn’t help the atmosphere much. I am sure the 13th Region tournament is a much better atmosphere, but the Arena itself seems to be much better suited for other types of events.

All that being said, kudos to Corbin for stepping up with EKU unavailable. Outside of some of the things out of their control, didn’t have any other complaints. Staff working the event was extremely helpful and friendly.
I've been to a lot of 13th region games at the Arena where the place was flat out rocking. Won't be nearly the atmosphere when there's not a lot of people who really give a damn. I guess there are people who care about this tournament but I'm certain regional tournaments are much more exciting.

I just want Danville Christian to play Lyon County so I say the Christians were fed to the Lyons.
I'm curious what the environment will be like tonight when Williamsburg is a virtual home team against Murray. Figuring there's going to be lots of people wearing orange making the 15-minute trip up 75, 26, and 25W for that one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dodger's post:
  • Cactus Jack