Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Clark Stepp committed to a college yet?
Just wondering if anyone knows where he's heading after high school?
And1 Wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows where he's heading after high school?

Alice Lloyd College from what I'm hearing.
ALC is a wonderful place for an education! I see this young man as looking for a great education and a bright future after college! Good Luck in whatever path he chooses!
Survivor Wrote:Alice Lloyd College from what I'm hearing.

are you serious?
I've spoken with him a few times. I must say that he is a standup young man... he's very respectful and polite.

He has told me that Austin Peay and Western Kentucky have shown a lot of interest.

He won't go to ALC you can count on that. I've heard WK, but who knows. I wish him the best of luck where ever he chooses to go.
sassy Wrote:He won't go to ALC you can count on that. I've heard WK, but who knows. I wish him the best of luck where ever he chooses to go.
He might not start there, but he will finish there. One semester or maybe a year somewhere else and he will be back at ALC.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
And1 Wrote:are you serious?

I'm very serious. No D1 school in their right mind is going to recruit a guy who can't shoot and with limited athletic ability. He has no jump shot. NAIA at best.
[INDENT]
Survivor Wrote:I'm very serious. No D1 school in their right mind is going to recruit a guy who can't shoot and with limited athletic ability. He has no jump shot. NAIA at best.
Yea i agree with you....no way he is a D1 player...
[/INDENT]
Well i think that he is a D1 player, he wont go to a huge school but probably some team in the OVC or a small mid-major.
Theairupthere Wrote:Well i think that he is a D1 player, he wont go to a huge school but probably some team in the OVC or a small mid-major.

I've seen and played against more athletic, bigger, taller, over all much better players than Stepp that didn't go bigger then NAIA. Like someone said earlier, he may go somewhere else a year or two but he will realize he aint the player he thought he was and will end up finishin at ALC. I could see him MAYBE goin to Centre if he has the brains for the school.
Only time will tell where Clark ends up at . It is really hard to play at the D1 level but if he gets the opportunity I hope he gives it his best. It makes me happy to see any kid from East Ky get a scholarship to play a game they love while getting an education to prepare themselves for the rest of their life. Sometimes kids go to a school and it just doesnt work out and they do transfer back to ALC then that is ok also. I would rather see a kid go to a smaller school and get to play than to a bigger school and set on the bench for the first couple of years. Good luck to Clark and all kids that come out of east ky and represent the mountains...
Redneck Wrote:I've seen and played against more athletic, bigger, taller, over all much better players than Stepp that didn't go bigger then NAIA. Like someone said earlier, he may go somewhere else a year or two but he will realize he aint the player he thought he was and will end up finishin at ALC. I could see him MAYBE goin to Centre if he has the brains for the school.

I agree with you.
I think clark is a great kid and one heck of a ball player where ever he goes to school.
Great player --- and fun to watch! but I don't see him going D-1. Just my opinion

I believe he will go to a better college than Alice Lloyd. He is better than that.
Redneck Wrote:I've seen and played against more athletic, bigger, taller, over all much better players than Stepp that didn't go bigger then NAIA. Like someone said earlier, he may go somewhere else a year or two but he will realize he aint the player he thought he was and will end up finishin at ALC. I could see him MAYBE goin to Centre if he has the brains for the school.

Heres the thing about Stepp though. He is a 6'3 point guard and can dribble as well as anyone ive seen in the area. He has good court vision and has the will to win. Yes, it might take him a year or 2 to adapt to the athletes in D-1 but i think he will make it even if its a small school. I'm noticing a trend on here where people bash Stepp for no apparent reason. Perhaps its jealousy, i don't know. Sometimes his uncles make stupid moves and he gets the bashing, dont blame him. He's just a young man playing basketball, cmon. IMO Eastern Kentucky needs to embrace their scholar-athletes instead of rooting against them.
I see Stepp going to a small Mid-Major. Maybe even a good D-2 school.
He doesn't have the size or quickness to play a high level of D-1 basketball.
I'd like to see how he plays against much better competition than the ones they've been facing so far. Pending on how he performs against tougher teams will determine whether he is D-1 material or not.
Theairupthere Wrote:Heres the thing about Stepp though. He is a 6'3 point guard and can dribble as well as anyone ive seen in the area. He has good court vision and has the will to win. Yes, it might take him a year or 2 to adapt to the athletes in D-1 but i think he will make it even if its a small school. I'm noticing a trend on here where people bash Stepp for no apparent reason. Perhaps its jealousy, i don't know. Sometimes his uncles make stupid moves and he gets the bashing, dont blame him. He's just a young man playing basketball, cmon. IMO Eastern Kentucky needs to embrace their scholar-athletes instead of rooting against them.

We'll see how good he is next friday when he faces some real competition.
Redneck Wrote:We'll see how good he is next friday when he faces some real competition.

We will, Its sure to be one heck of a game.
Theairupthere Wrote:We will, Its sure to be one heck of a game.

Better not overlook a good Cordia team on tuesday.
Redneck Wrote:We'll see how good he is next friday when he faces some real competition.

I agree with you.
No way is he D1 material. Clark is a good high school basketbAll player, I will give him that, but to be a D1 player, ALOT goes into a guard in college than penetrating in which Clark does as good as anyone in the mountains. But tends to struggle outside of the mountains. But a very good player indeed!
Theairupthere Wrote:We will, Its sure to be one heck of a game.

who does he play next friday?
1911 Wrote:who does he play next friday?

Lex Cath
There is no way he can play D-1. Yes he can score against small white guys from eastern Ky and His defense is horrible.
good luck to him wherever he chooses