Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence county 35 Magoffin County 14
Lc get the win!! Still having really sloppy penalties like the lineman that had 4 offsides penalties in a row, and a fumble in the first half, clean things up and they will be hard to beat
One of the ugliest lopsided games games I’ve witnessed from the Bulldogs. Just not good except getting out without anyone on either side getting seriously hurt.

For the Hornets, Barnett is a magnificent talent. McCarty played so hard.

The Crum and McDavid tandem played hard and well and Pollock the Chicko boys and Caven Williams continue to play well.

It’s hard to describe what is off with this bunch, but something significant is just not right.
This is surprising
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
What is surprising? Bulldogs win an ugly game by 3 touchdowns. I’ll take winning an ugly game by 3 scores any day.
(10-07-2023, 12:31 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: What is surprising? Bulldogs win an ugly game by 3 touchdowns. I’ll take winning an ugly game by 3 scores any day.

Just the fact they didn't running clock them I guess.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Looked like the first game of the season with all the movement before the snap.
Not much fire from LC.
Strange game. I guess due to fall break the crowd was small and didn't provide much juice. Had a scrimmage atomsphere. The team even wore the old uniforms it typically wears in scrimmages. Magoffin shows up with like 28 players, walks on and off the field like they're going to a picnic. (Their coach may have been good once; he is not good now.) Refs phone it in (something I've never seen: Barnett loses his helmet, and instead of going off the field he waves off the refs like "Nah, I'm good" and the refs are like "Sure Aden, whatever man.")

If this LC team ever puts together a complete game, look out. But I'm not sure they can. Like DB Cooper, I'm not sure what's off, but the common denominator is lack of focus. Offensively, they've been plagued by pre-snap penalties all year. They sometimes have trouble making easy pitch-and-catch plays. They hold, a lot. Defensively, they've played well 90% of the time. But a couple times each game, they decide they're just not gonna tackle a runner or cover a receiver. Part of the problem is they're relying on 4-5 freshmen on both sides of the ball. I'm not blaming those guys for all the mistakes, but the team is, collectively, immature. They've got good players in the senior class, but they lack the one guy who will jerk a knot in somebody's tail if they get out of line.

Next week will be another snooze fest. Hopefully Boyd and Mason will get their attention going into playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry Dawg's post:
  • dbcooper
(10-07-2023, 10:55 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote: Strange game.  I guess due to fall break the crowd was small and didn't provide much juice.  Had a scrimmage atomsphere.  The team even wore the old uniforms it typically wears in scrimmages.  Magoffin shows up with like 28 players, walks on and off the field like they're going to a picnic.  (Their coach may have been good once; he is not good now.)  Refs phone it in (something I've never seen: Barnett loses his helmet, and instead of going off the field he waves off the refs like "Nah, I'm good" and the refs are like "Sure Aden, whatever man.")

If this LC team ever puts together a complete game, look out.  But I'm not sure they can.  Like DB Cooper, I'm not sure what's off, but the common denominator is lack of focus.  Offensively, they've been plagued by pre-snap penalties all year.  They sometimes have trouble making easy pitch-and-catch plays.  They hold, a lot.  Defensively, they've played well 90% of the time.  But a couple times each game, they decide they're just not gonna tackle a runner or cover a receiver.  Part of the problem is they're relying on 4-5 freshmen on both sides of the ball.  I'm not blaming those guys for all the mistakes, but the team is, collectively, immature.  They've got good players in the senior class, but they lack the one guy who will jerk a knot in somebody's tail if they get out of line.

Next week will be another snooze fest.  Hopefully Boyd and Mason will get their attention going into playoffs.
I'm curious as to why you feel that way.
Lc payed the worse 1st half of the year!! I could go back and say the scrimmage or the shelby valley game was the worse but it wasn't. This right here wS actually the worse 1st half they've had all year!! The D was the only thing that played good.
And why kick another player in the head after your already down?? Not good sportsmanship in my eyes!!
You play a team in playoffs like you played a mediocre team like Magoffin and you'll be out 1st round!!
Westside: I've just not been impressed at all with how the Magoffin program operates. Effort is spotty; they meander on and off the field pre-game and halftime; numbers are terrible; there's a strong sense of certiain players appearing to run the show, etc. I've just not been impressed at all with anything I've seen out of him. He's an upgrade over the last guy, I guess, but that's an extremely low bar.
Does LC still go under center or shotgun?
(10-07-2023, 05:26 PM)Hawks101 Wrote: Does LC still go under center or shotgun?
Shotgun. Tell you what when they were clicking, they were on fire. But when they got the penalties and false starts it knocked them backwards alot lol! 2nd half played dang good. Will McDavid had multiple tackles and runs and cody Crum does what Crum does. Magoffin line was in the backfield multiple times and cody Crum made yards out of what he had. Kudos to him. Pollock got some passes in this time
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senters_93's post:
  • dbcooper