Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results From "Meet The Blackcats"
Overall good performance from all three teams this evening. Glad to see alot of sponsors and Blackcat supporters out there.

Overall breakdown (Freshman, JV, and Varsity):

Freshman

Didn't score a lot of points but they showed signs of potential. Only player that impressed me was guard, Warren Blackburn. If they want to improve then I think the big guy, Shawn Burkett needs a few more touches, and they shouldn't just rely on the three ball.

JV

Looked pretty good overall. They have some inside players that can really crash the boards in Cody McCoy, and Steven Patrick. Tyler Hall and Josh Craynon seems to be there goto guys, but I was pretty impressed with Anthony Hallem, he shot the ball well and made some good moves to open up some shots for others. But I really thought Josh Craynon done the best. scoring around 20 points. Another player that done pretty well was guard Josh Blackburn.

Varsity

Looked nearly explosive with the final score being around 58-52, and only played two ten minute half's with a running clock. But guard Taylor Clark made some nice moves to the basket and showed some great speed with the ball. The other guard Jody Tackett seems to shoot the ball better of the dribble than pass and done a real well job at opening up shots for others, but Jordan Hall and Micheal Burchett stole the show with there offense, probably combining for around 40 points. Nathaniel Stephens looked good on the glass, and done a real nice job at keeping the crowd into the game. Other players that did really well was Alex Stumbo, Seth Setser, and Cameron Tincher.

Good Luck Blackcats on the upcoming season!
Looked like a good showing from the blackcats. Michael Burchett almost pulled off a dunk in game. You can tell everyone was just playing easy and shooting 3s though.
Burchett has improved alot from last year with his shot but I think he has to be a catch and shoot player. I dont believe he can take anyone off the dribble or just pull up just yet, but he will improve with those skills throughout the year.