Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Trustworthy Weatherman in Central KY?
In the Lexington/Richmond/Berea area, basically we have 3 credible weathermen. I tend to like Chris Bailey on WKYT, but who do you think is the most accurate?

The reason I ask is, Chris Bailey has been saying all week that late Sunday night we should be getting snow showers or flurries, and then see our first accumulating snow in Central KY this coming Wednesday.

However, weather.com and WLEX18 are showing that it won't be nearly cold enough to produce any snows this upcoming week.

Any thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:In the Lexington/Richmond/Berea area, basically we have 3 credible weathermen. I tend to like Chris Bailey on WKYT, but who do you think is the most accurate?

The reason I ask is, Chris Bailey has been saying all week that late Sunday night we should be getting snow showers or flurries, and then see our first accumulating snow in Central KY this coming Wednesday.

However, weather.com and WLEX18 are showing that it won't be nearly cold enough to produce any snows this upcoming week.

Any thoughts?

I truly think that Chris Baily is the most thoughtful. He's blogs are unreal. If he's accurate or not is debateable, but to say that he's not the deepest thinker is IMO blasphemy. He uses all prediction methods, and gives them credible weight... the GFS, NAM, Canadian, and the European models...

I don't think we'll be seeing snow here in central KY. But I do think think that CB is the best.

Teddy Roosevelt once said, "If can be right 70% of the time, i will have eclipsed my highest expectation...." REALLY?? The fact is, if we can be right just once more than wrong, we could make millions on wall street. If Baily can be right just 51% of the time on Main Street, he'd be a god. lol

Great thread!! Bill Meck and his weather 101 class will surely object to it, and our views.
Bill Meck
Chris Bailey by far. I have been reading his weather blog for 3 years. He gets it right the majority of the time. He called for snow showers the Friday after Thanksgiving when noone else did. He spends more time on it than anyone else imo.
Schuck is the man
I just hope it snows!
-STAT- Wrote:I just hope it snows!

Me too!
Shuck and Bailey are usually right on, here in the Lexington area anyways.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
While this is another one of those stupid thread topics, I will have to say I dont have an opinion. Because the way I see it, weathermen cant predict ****, they just get lucky when they say what they think it will do. The only person that knows what is going to happen weather wise or any other aspect in life is GOD. I do like CB though as he is from Salyersville which is where im from as is Jim Caldwell on WYMT. I know Jimmy better because I went to school with him and he is a really good person and seems to be doing a good job but I still dont believe in being able to predict weather or anything else.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:While this is another one of those stupid thread topics, I will have to say I dont have an opinion. Because the way I see it, weathermen cant predict ****, they just get lucky when they say what they think it will do. The only person that knows what is going to happen weather wise or any other aspect in life is GOD. I do like CB though as he is from Salyersville which is where im from as is Jim Caldwell on WYMT. I know Jimmy better because I went to school with him and he is a really good person and seems to be doing a good job but I still dont believe in being able to predict weather or anything else.

Then why did you post under it? Smile
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:While this is another one of those stupid thread topics, I will have to say I dont have an opinion. Because the way I see it, weathermen cant predict ****, they just get lucky when they say what they think it will do. The only person that knows what is going to happen weather wise or any other aspect in life is GOD. I do like CB though as he is from Salyersville which is where im from as is Jim Caldwell on WYMT. I know Jimmy better because I went to school with him and he is a really good person and seems to be doing a good job but I still dont believe in being able to predict weather or anything else.

Smile I'm sorry to laugh. But you don't believe people can predict weather? Even though they do it everyday? Weather is easy to predict for most experienced weathermen. God tends to give signs of what the weather will bring (fronts, high/low pressure, etc) so no they don't get lucky. They study and predict and more often than not get it right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well you gullible people can believe what ya want, and I will believe what I want, and blackcat, I will post on what I want to post on so live with it, whether its stupid or not, I still tend to give my opinion on it.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Well you gullible people can believe what ya want, and I will believe what I want, and blackcat, I will post on what I want to post on so live with it, whether its stupid or not, I still tend to give my opinion on it.

I didn't tell you that you couldn't post under it, all I was asking is why you did after bashing the topic.
I never said u said I couldnt post on it, I was just addressing your comment of why would I post on it if I thought it was stupid. I did it, its done, so leave it at that, if at all possible, I know how hard it is for people on here to let go.
Wow, the question was who do you think is the most trustworthy weatherman in the region, not whether you believe the weather can be predicted or not.

I agree with most of you, Chris Bailey's weather blog is pretty cool. I like the detail he goes into, explaining why he thinks what he does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I never said u said I couldnt post on it, I was just addressing your comment of why would I post on it if I thought it was stupid. I did it, its done, so leave it at that, if at all possible, I know how hard it is for people on here to let go.

Someone need a hug? :confused:
I like Chris Bailey.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]