Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Vs Scott Co 11-24
Cant wait to watch this one..Anyone else going?
I'll be there all day if you want to look me up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
will bud mackey be playing?
Not sure if Mackey is playing. I would think though that he probably would've been expelled from school, not sure what happened to him though. This should be a great test for the Tigers, can't wait to watch this one.
Update on Bud Mackey is that the Scott County board had a meeting determining whether he was eligible or not. FYI, Scott County's head basketball coach is a home school teacher and guess what, Bud Mackey is being home schooled.

My honest opinion is that he doesn't play in this one, but it will still be a Scott County win... Good Luck to both.
I wanted to see Mackey and Slone play.
Mackey will not play ....He had possession of cocaine at school which is a huge felony. You will never see Mackey play in a Scott County uniform again. Indiana also pulled their scholarship offer. I think Paintsville has a good shot in this one but they must contain the two big kids for Scott and dont be intimatated by Billy Hicks. Scott has four or five real good guard including Hunley and Portwood. Should be a good game to watch.
Scott Co will handle the tigers easily IMO.
1911 Wrote:will bud mackey be playing?

Bud Mackey will not be playing in this season from what I've heard..He has withdrawn from the Scott County school system..
As would the rest of the state.

1911 Wrote:I wanted to see Mackey and Slone play.
I highly doubt I will attend now. I was wanting to see Mackey put on a show. Who else does Scott Co have?
Think they still have the big man Jordan Lee. They also have Tyler Portwood and Cameron Hundley but thats all I can think of for Scott County.

1911 Wrote:I highly doubt I will attend now. I was wanting to see Mackey put on a show. Who else does Scott Co have?
Scott County is still team to be reckoned with even without Mackey. I can't believe people would ask if Mackey was playing or not. You'll never see him play again. He committed a very serious crime.

I think Paintsville will hang tough for the first half before losing by 10-15 at the end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-STATS- Wrote:As would the rest of the state.

More than likely it would be more accurate to say a few folks in the 15th region. Since Scott Co. is used to playing the top teams and players in the country, I cant see this matchup as being one that brings fans in droves to the game. Every Lexington team that Scott faces probably has a more appealing matchup.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:More than likely it would be more accurate to say a few folks in the 15th region. Since Scott Co. is used to playing the top teams and players in the country, I cant see this matchup as being one that brings fans in droves to the game. Every Lexington team that Scott faces probably has a more appealing matchup.

Very true. The crowd would be there to see Mackey.
Paintsville will be lucky to be within 30 at the end of this game. Paintsville can't even beat 15th region teams, let alone Scott Co.
BCF4L Wrote:Paintsville will be lucky to be within 30 at the end of this game. Paintsville can't even beat 15th region teams, let alone Scott Co.
:mad:
I didn't think it was to be a regular season game. So, basically it doesn't even count...right...so who cares? The game to watch is University Heights and Mason Co....guess what...it doesn't matter either!
Watchful Eye Wrote::mad:
I didn't think it was to be a regular season game. So, basically it doesn't even count...right...so who cares? The game to watch is University Heights and Mason Co....guess what...it doesn't matter either!
:confused: Okay, thanks for your input. Rolleyes
I'm gonna go with Scott Co. in this one....if JD VanHoose had been playing with the team for more than a week then I'd choose them because they have 4 quality players in Grimm, Slone, Bundy and VanHoose. However people might be surprised in the end if it's a close finish or even the Tigers pulling an upset (even though it's a scrimmage). They tend to win games or play better when no one gives them a chance, but lose the games they are supposed to win by 20+.
IRISH4 Wrote:I'm gonna go with Scott Co. in this one....if JD VanHoose had been playing with the team for more than a week then I'd choose them because they have 4 quality players in Grimm, Slone, Bundy and VanHoose. However people might be surprised in the end if it's a close finish or even the Tigers pulling an upset (even though it's a scrimmage). They tend to win games or play better when no one gives them a chance, but lose the games they are supposed to win by 20+.

JD is a good player but him being there would not make a diffenence for Paintsville. Scott Co would beat them even if JD's having the game of his life. Their pressure in your face quick Defense would be problems for JD though this Scott Co team does not have their usual quickness. Paintsville does have 4 quality players but Scott Co has 12 or more simply because they are such a larger school for one thing with great tradition. This could get very ugly if P'vlle has to go very far to their bench.
Another Asssist Wrote:JD is a good player but him being there would not make a diffenence for Paintsville. Scott Co would beat them even if JD's having the game of his life. Their pressure in your face quick Defense would be problems for JD though this Scott Co team does not have their usual quickness. Paintsville does have 4 quality players but Scott Co has 12 or more simply because they are such a larger school for one thing with great tradition. This could get very ugly if P'vlle has to go very far to their bench.

Don't get me wrong, I know Hicks' style of play and played against a few of his teams years ago. Scott Co. always produces athletes and has competitive teams year in and year out. I was just saying the game would be closer, but as for the remark of them beating Scott Co....I was referring to last seasons game against South Laurel when everyone said they were going to get drilled and it would be ugly quick. The Tigers lost by 1 or 2 points, but should've actually won the contest. Regardless, Scott Co. wins but I still see a BMR team putting up a good game against them. Good luck to both teams.
This should be a thumping. If it isn't it will be because of pre-season tinkering on Scott CO.'s part.
I would like to see a mountain team stick it to Scott Co. but I just dont see it happening in this one.