Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood's Coach Rash Retiring
Coach Rash met with the team before the announcement was released. No major health issues, but wants to step away from the day to day stress of coaching. 

Outstanding coach, teacher, and man. One of the Bluegrass' finest. Best of luck Coach Rash!

Thumbnail(s)

To Big Moe he go
I didn’t get to play for Coach Rash he came there after I graduated. Good luck on your retirement coach.

I think Beechwood will have a few big naked to apply for this job.
Wish him nothing but the best. What does he leave with. 5 championships. Pretty darn awesome if you ask me!
(02-13-2023, 03:09 PM)Real Badman Wrote: To Big Moe he go

I didn't even know Mark Elder had stepped down.
(02-13-2023, 03:26 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Wish him nothing but the best. What does he leave with. 5 championships. Pretty darn awesome if you ask me!

8 championships
(02-13-2023, 04:06 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 03:26 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Wish him nothing but the best. What does he leave with. 5 championships. Pretty darn awesome if you ask me!

8 championships
Even better. So would he be tied for 2cd most championships overall or where does he sit? Not that it matters, he doesn’t have anything to prove to anyone. Heck of a career.
(02-13-2023, 05:33 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 04:06 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 03:26 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Wish him nothing but the best. What does he leave with. 5 championships. Pretty darn awesome if you ask me!

8 championships
Even better. So would he be tied for 2cd most championships overall or where does he sit? Not that it matters, he doesn’t have anything to prove to anyone. Heck of a career.

He is tied with Yeagle for the most in school history with 8. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportsfan4646's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-13-2023, 03:09 PM)Real Badman Wrote: To Big Moe he go

This isn't directed specifically to you RB; just my opinion:

If he's looking to reduce the stress in life as he alluded to when resigning, Moeller isn't the place to go. Plus he's going to remain a teacher at Beechwood. Maybe he keeps his hand in as an assistant at Thomas More, maybe not.

This will be Moeller's fourth hire in six years. The pressure to live up to the past is way, way up there. They're going to make noise about making a national search. If the past is any indication, they'll wind up hiring a guy from within 100 miles of Cincy, and odds are it'll be "A Man of Moeller."

Right or wrong, they're not going to hire any coach presently at a Kentucky high school. It's just not done.

Think the folks in NKY are snobs? Same applies to what Ohio peeps think of NKY. If they think of NKY at all, it's most likely, "Why is our airport on the wrong side of the river?"
(02-13-2023, 03:20 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote: I didn’t get to play for Coach Rash he came there after I graduated. Good luck on your retirement coach.

Next hire is already on staff more than likely.
(02-13-2023, 07:07 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 03:20 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote: I didn’t get to play for Coach Rash he came there after I graduated. Good luck on your retirement coach.

Unless those guys change their mind they aren’t!

(02-13-2023, 09:53 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 07:07 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

Unless those guys change their mind they aren’t!
This is coming from a very good sources as well!
(02-13-2023, 05:45 PM)nemo Wrote:

If he's looking to reduce the stress in life as he alluded to when resigning, Moeller isn't the place to go. Plus he's going to remain a teacher at Beechwood. Maybe he keeps his hand in as an assistant at Thomas More, maybe not.

This will be Moeller's fourth hire in six years. The pressure to live up to the past is way, way up there. They're going to make noise about making a national search. If the past is any indication, they'll wind up hiring a guy from within 100 miles of Cincy, and odds are it'll be "A Man of Moeller."

Right or wrong, they're not going to hire any coach presently at a Kentucky high school. It's just not done.

Think the folks in NKY are snobs? Same applies to what Ohio peeps think of NKY. If they think of NKY at all, it's most likely, "Why is our airport on the wrong side of the river?"

I would think Eviston will get a look at least.

Not true, cause they did just not long ago and got 2 state championships from the KY coach.  

John Rodenberg, who led Moeller to back-to-back Division I state championships in 2012-2013 and led Covington Catholic to a state title in 2006
(02-14-2023, 10:52 AM)plantmanky Wrote:

Not true, cause they did just not long ago and got 2 state championships from the KY coach.  

John Rodenberg, who led Moeller to back-to-back Division I state championships in 2012-2013 and led Covington Catholic to a state title in 2006

Good point. But he wasn't really a "Kentucky" coach. Cov Cath was a pit stop between higher profile jobs. That was a poor long term prospect there for Cov Cath.

His credentials fit the Moeller profile: Former co-captain as a player, an assistant there as well. He also had head coaching experience at another Catholic school, McNicholas. Assistant gigs at a few other Ohio schools and college too.

All this leads back to a Bluegrass native getting the job. Have "heard" Eddie Eviston is going to interview. He meets some of the criteria I listed that might be at the top of the list. There are allegedly several Cincy area coaches already on the list. Unless Eviston knocks it out of the park, an Ohio coach gets the Crusaders job. 

As an aside, the natives in Fort Thomas are already restless, and wouldn't mind if Bob Sphire went elsewhere.