Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 87 Breathitt County 78 OT
Congratulations Black Bears!!!

Score does NOT reflect the game!!!  This was a fantastic game to watch, and is actually the first game I've watched this year.   I was so impressed with Breathitt's athleticism, hustle and coaching.  Great great game!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Mountainparkway
One heck of a ball game Breathitt had Blackbears right where they wanted them, until 4Q breathitt started to slow the game down and it cost them in the end.
17-6 on fouls calls in the second half and ot.
You guys still think HC and Harlan better than North?
(01-24-2023, 11:17 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote: 17-6 on fouls calls in the second half and ot.
I thought bhs should have attacked basket more and they would have got more calls. Harlan was attacking basket with Noah. Plus bhs had to foul at the end of game so the foul discrepancies are skewed to say the least. That’s not what best the bobcats
[-] The following 2 users Like Mountainparkway's post:
  • 64SUR, fridaynightfights
(01-24-2023, 11:17 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote: 17-6 on fouls calls in the second half and ot.

7 fouls on Breathitt in overtime after HC got a five-point lead and spread the floor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • fridaynightfights
Bobcats are getting better and better. Kyle has simplified things. All that needed to be done. When you got the horses, ride them.
(01-25-2023, 12:54 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Bobcats are getting better and better. Kyle has simplified things. All that needed to be done. When you got the horses, ride them.

Yeah, looked MUCH better. They may end up being the best team in the 14th after all.
I know Coach Moore and the Bobcats aren't looking for any moral victories, but they have nothing to hang their heads about. They went "toe to toe" with one of the top teams in the mountains, on their home floor. Collins, Sperry, and Bellamy played very well, and if these three can continue to play at a high level, Breathitt has just as good as shot as anyone to make it to Rupp. There is a "night and day" difference in this team from three weeks ago. Good luck Bobcats, and keep improving.
If this team would just realize in the 4th quarter just get the ball to Sperry and get out of the way they would win these games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes spectator 101's post:
  • DukeBoy
Agree spectator. I’d just turn him loose and tell the other 3 to crash the boards and someone stay back on D.
Breathitt has had the parts all season. Just needed someone to reign them in. This is a good time for them to start figuring it out.
Sperry was definitely a "difference maker" in that game last night, so was Bellamy. And Collins rebounded a Sperry miss and put the shot back up to go to overtime. Breathitt ran a back door cut with Sperry around the right side that scored most of the time. I would've done that for the last shot instead of having him take a 3.
I may be wrong but I think it was big Hoskins with the put back to send them to overtime
You're correct!! It was big Hoskins that did the follow up shot.

I made the comment that he was built like a football player and a friend of mine told me that he was going to college on a football scholarship. I would LOVE to see him on the gridiron!!