Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region!!
Ok. We are actually over halfway through the season..  But just for fun..

1. Who’s your pick to win the 14th

2. Who’s the MVP of the 14th so far

3. Who’s the best surprise player in 14th

4. Who’s the best role player in 14th

5. Which team is you sleeper to sneak up and win the 14th

6. Who’s your top 5 players so far this season in the 14th
1. I think Hazard will win region
2. Kaden Adams from LCC is Region MVP
3. Surprise player in region is Woods from PCC
4. Best Role Player is Max Johnson Hazard
5. LCC is Sleeper
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bruiser's post:
  • wannacat
To tell you the truth I haven’t watch much basketball other than who breathitt plays. But I’ve watched rydge since he was in elementary school. Kid is solid number one point guard. I think Collins for breathitt deserves to be on the top five list. My question is, if sperry is a legit D1 player then he should be number one on every list in the 14th. Curious what everyone thinks?
Kizer Slone has had a great year. Kid has been an absolute machine. Always knew he was a good player but he may be the biggest surprise player. Woods sure has been good too. I think Dylan Knight has really done well and improved a great deal.

1. Austin Sperry
2. Christian Collins
3. Kizer Slone
4. Trayton Woods
5. Sawyer Thompson

Haven’t saw LCC play. Dixon kid is a rebounding machine. Lot of evenly matched kids in the region. Region is wide open. Perry has advantage playing at home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
I say

1. Breathitt

2. Kaden Adam’s ( without him letcher done)

3. Kizer slone. Definetly having a big year

4. Landon smith , (hazard struggles without him)

5. Letcher central.
I think it’s a 3 team race between Breathitt, Perry & Hazard for the region title. A lot more even between those 3 than I expected at the beginning of the season. I do agree with what Bruiser said earlier about Letcher being a sleeper.

Woods and Slone have been huge for Perry.

Smith has been huge for Hazard.

Unfortunate for the fans and their teams that Beverly has only played in 13 of the Commodores 23 games and Hensley has only played in 8 of the Eagles 22 games. Both due to injury. Hopefully both get completely healthy for their teams down the final stretch.
Rydge is looking good. He’s getting better every day.
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Rydge is looking good.  He’s getting better every day.
I agree.  Question is, once Rydge gets back in game shape, who does Shannon sit?  Beginning of year Slone was 6th man, do you go back to slone off the bench or someone else? Gonna be interesting to see 

#dontmatterwhostarts
You have to think though… There’s a chance that either Hazard or Perry misses 14th region tourney with the blind draw. It’s not common but it can and has happened before.
I would say Castle but Castle is one hell of a player. Taking him out of the lineup will make Perry less effective on defense and physicality. Beverly is the top PG in the region. Hard to sit him especially with him healthy again. I think Castle would be fine with the 6th man role. They will be fine.
(01-30-2023, 08:38 AM)griffman Wrote: You have to think though… There’s a chance that either Hazard or Perry misses 14th region tourney with the blind draw. It’s not common but it can and has happened before.
Geez this really kills me every year. No reason for these two teams to play first game of the district. They really need to do away with the blind draw. Does anyone know when the draw is?
Idk Griffman but it’s the stupidest thing in high school sports. The best teams should go to the Region PERIOD. Breathitt gets a free ride to the Region. KHSAA needs to grow a sack and put a stop to the 54th Districts stupidity. Childish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bluecat
(01-30-2023, 11:51 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Idk Griffman but it’s the stupidest thing in high school sports.  The best teams should go to the Region PERIOD.  Breathitt gets a free ride to the Region.  KHSAA needs to grow a sack and put a stop to the 54th Districts stupidity.  Childish.
No reason for these two teams to play each other first round due to a blind draw. Nothing against Leslie and Buckhorn but make them play their way in. They should not get a free trip to region because of luck of the draw.
(01-30-2023, 11:51 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Idk Griffman but it’s the stupidest thing in high school sports.  The best teams should go to the Region PERIOD.  Breathitt gets a free ride to the Region.  KHSAA needs to grow a sack and put a stop to the 54th Districts stupidity.  Childish.
It is not up to KHSAA. They vote on it every year in the 54th. Buckhorn and Leslie will never vote for it to go to seeding. I agree it is very dumb, happens in baseball a lot too. KHSAA could go to seeding every district in the state but that would take a long time and I do not see that ever happening.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigBadBobcat's post:
  • Lookey Hear
KHSAA is weak and needs to set forth a rule if they gonna be the law of the land. Shouldn’t be up to the coaches.
(01-30-2023, 04:38 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: KHSAA is weak and needs to set forth a rule if they gonna be the law of the land.  Shouldn’t be up to the coaches.
I can see the argument for both sides. The basketball landscape is already favored for bigger schools to flourish in the state of kentucky since playoffs aren’t divided into classes. That blind draw is pretty small with all considering. Perry and Hazard hardly ever draw eachother anyways.
They have an ALL A for the poor little Small Schools. The Big Show should be designed for the best of the best.
To be real honest, that 54th draw is the only thing there to counter balance all that out of state illegal recruiting those big ole schools do, even if it’s every blue moon they get matched up. But they actually haven’t done any real recently which i’m proud of them for.
(01-29-2023, 04:23 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: Ok. We are actually over halfway through the season..  But just for fun..

1. Perry
2. kizer slone or Landon smith 
3. Carter castle or Trayten woods
4. Bryce Hoskins 
5. Letcher 
6. no specific order: Austin sperry, landon smith, kizer slone, Sawyer Thompson, Zach watterson.
(01-31-2023, 12:14 AM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 04:23 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: Ok. We are actually over halfway through the season..  But just for fun..

1. Perry
4. Bryce Hoskins 
5. Letcher 
6. no specific order: Austin sperry, landon smith, kizer slone, Sawyer Thompson, Zach watterson.
Sure hope you’re right about 1.  ?. Gonna be a fun tourney!

#dorenation

(01-30-2023, 10:05 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I would say Castle but Castle is one hell of a player.  Taking him out of the lineup will make Perry less effective on defense and physicality.  Beverly is the top PG in the region.  Hard to sit him especially with him healthy again.  I think Castle would be fine with the 6th man role.  They will be fine.
Definitely gonna be interesting.  Castle has been very very good for us so far

(01-31-2023, 12:14 AM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:

1. Perry
4. Bryce Hoskins 
5. Letcher 
Sure hope you’re right about 1.  ?. Gonna be a fun tourney!

#dorenation

1 Breathitt County
2 Christian Collins
3 Landon Smith-Hazard
4 Woods-Perry
5 Letcher Central 
6 1.Collins-Breathitt 2. Sperry- Breathitt 3. Rydge Beverly-Perry 4. Smith-Hazard 5. Watterson-Lee
(01-30-2023, 10:05 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I would say Castle but Castle is one hell of a player.  Taking him out of the lineup will make Perry less effective on defense and physicality.  Beverly is the top PG in the region.  Hard to sit him especially with him healthy again.  I think Castle would be fine with the 6th man role.  They will be fine.
I think you’re right about castle going sixth man. Doesn’t deserve that though I don’t believe. The kid plays super hard and physical and can play several positions on the floor if needed. He’s paid his dues to Perry county basketball and while slone has had a good year, I personally think it would be a slap in the face to castle if they take him out of the starting rotation and put him sixth man. I’d have him out of there the next day if that does happen. Very possible with the Perry political system though.
I agree Rook but It is what it is. Castle has done great. Who knows. Time will tell.
1. Perry Central
2.Jamal Hazell
3.Landon Smith
4 Kizer Slone
5.LCC
6. Collins,Sperry, Beverly, Smith, Benton
7* The best up and coming player, Seth Caudill
1. Who’s your pick to win the 14th-Breathitt

2. Who’s the MVP of the 14th so far- L. Smith

3. Who’s the best surprise player in 14th-L. Smith

4. Who’s the best role player in 14th- P. Dixon

5. Which team is you sleeper to sneak up and win the 14th-LCC

6. Who’s your top 5 players so far this season in the 14th-Thompson, Watterson, Smith, Sperry, Castle
Wolfe got thier season accomplished tonight with a loss.The BULL got his picture took again at half court with a 2000 point ball to Sawyer Thompson.All smiles better than winning the region.
54th draws Monday. That will really help set the stage once we know how that turns out. I am sure everyone outside of Perry and Hazard want that Perry/Hazard first game.