Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 61 Knoxville 58
Final

Corbin takes down a Tennessee powerhouse team……I know, you’re right, It’s to early
WHAT. A. GAME.

As impressive as it was getting a 15 -point lead on a national power, even more impressive was losing that lead , going down by four late, and coming back to win. Moxie! Moxie! Moxie!

This shocker will be heard all over KY AND TN.

Corbin played powerhouse Southridge(Miami, FL) close and beat powerhouse KnoxCath. Both Southridge and KnoxCath were ranked #1 in their respective states earlier in the season. Catholic has only lost to national power Kenwood(Chicago, IL) and Corbin. WOW!!!!

The job Corbin did on the 6'8" D-1 recruit, Deondrea Lindsey was simply remarkable. I think it goes without saying that's the best any team has defended him all season.

If Corbin is not on everyone's radar now, there's something wrong with the radar gun. This team has a very high ceiling. There are nowhere near how good they could possibly be come March.

64 , what did you think about the matchup tonight?
I told someone or I said it on one of these basketball threads if Corbin could play within 8pts. I would ranked them #1 in my 64SUR top 10. Already getting hate messages. Lol!!
(12-31-2022, 01:41 AM)64SUR Wrote: I told someone or I said it on one of these basketball threads if Corbin could play within 8pts.  I would ranked them #1 in my 64SUR top 10. Already getting hate messages. Lol!!

Putting Corbin at #1 and having a Joe Biden avatar make you a two-time loser in most people's minds around the 13th region ,  and about as popular as Coach Cal , Matt Jones, and  erectile dysfunction.  No hate messages from me, though !!!    Heart    lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-31-2022, 01:52 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 01:41 AM)64SUR Wrote: I told someone or I said it on one of these basketball threads if Corbin could play within 8pts.  I would ranked them #1 in my 64SUR top 10. Already getting hate messages. Lol!!

Putting Corbin at #1 and having a Joe Biden avatar make you a two-time loser in most people's minds around the 13th region ,  and about as popular as Coach Cal , Matt Jones, and  erectile dysfunction.  No hate messages from me, though !!!    
Johnson Central posters cause me to bring out uncle Joe avatar!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
How much do those 13th Region Officials factor into the hounds beating a "National Power" it reminds me of the 1980's Clay County Teams. Good Times.... Good Times, until you had to leave the comfy confines of your home gym and 13th region officials, just asked all those first round loses by Bad Bob and tigers of old, as a matter of fact, ask last years NL team how it goes without the 13th's finest officiating.
(01-01-2023, 04:28 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: How much do those 13th Region Officials factor into the hounds beating a "National Power" it reminds me of the 1980's Clay County Teams.  Good Times.... Good Times, until you had to leave the comfy confines of your home gym and 13th region officials, just asked all those first round loses by Bad Bob and tigers of old, as a matter of fact, ask last years NL team how it goes without the 13th's finest officiating.
Every region has their homer refs is what I’ve noticed over the years. It’s just the way it is. Unless it’s changed in the last few years and I’m unaware of it, post season tournament rankings are partially determined by votes from the coaches. Refs know this all too well. If you are from outside the region, or worse…from outside the state, you most likely will get zero judgement calls and in many cases get a favorable whistle when you’re in your press defense and a quick whistle on drives to the basket when on offense. Many refs are so good at it it’s sometimes barely noticeable but if two teams are fairly evenly matched it doesn’t take very many lost possessions calls, no calls, protection calls, etc, to swing a game in your teams favor. 
Clay Co during Bob Keith’s days that was mentioned is a prime example. If Charlie Kirk and several usual suspects were calling his game it would have been difficult for the best of Oak Hill Academy’s great teams to have won in the old Tiger Den.

I do want to add, though, that I do think that the recent popularity of streaming games that has added a larger audience on live and replay viewing has made it less bias, at least blatantly and obviously bias, as has been in the past.
And in all fairness to officials, refereeing a game with an opponent from outside the region has a human element to it in that they may feel they have called a great game but subconsciously are “leaning” toward the home team with their decisions, and do not even realize they’re doing it until they watch a replay of the game. Fans do this too. I’m guilty of it myself. It’s very easy to get wrapped up in cheering for your favorite team and be able to see every single foul on the opponent or other violations but not see them on your own team…..until you rewatch the game. There’s no doubt there’s a nice fancy term for this kind of bias in a thick psychology book, lol.
(01-02-2023, 11:29 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 04:28 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: How much do those 13th Region Officials factor into the hounds beating a "National Power" it reminds me of the 1980's Clay County Teams.  Good Times.... Good Times, until you had to leave the comfy confines of your home gym and 13th region officials, just asked all those first round loses by Bad Bob and tigers of old, as a matter of fact, ask last years NL team how it goes without the 13th's finest officiating.
Every region has their homer refs is what I’ve noticed over the years. It’s just the way it is. Unless it’s changed in the last few years and I’m unaware of it, post season tournament rankings are partially determined by votes from the coaches. Refs know this all too well. If you are from outside the region, or worse…from outside the state, you most likely will get zero judgement calls and in many cases get a favorable whistle when you’re in your press defense and a quick whistle on drives to the basket when on offense. Many refs are so good at it it’s sometimes barely noticeable but if two teams are fairly evenly matched it doesn’t take very many lost possessions calls, no calls, protection calls, etc, to swing a game in your teams favor. 
Clay Co during Bob Keith’s days that was mentioned is a prime example. If Charlie Kirk and several usual suspects were calling his game it would have been difficult for the best of Oak Hill Academy’s great teams to have won in the old Tiger Den.

I do want to add, though, that I do think that the recent popularity of  streaming games that has added a larger audience on live and replay viewing has made it less bias, at least blatantly and obviously bias, as has been in the past.
And in all fairness to officials, refereeing a game with an opponent from outside the region has a human element to it in that they may feel they have called a great game but subconsciously are “leaning” toward the home team with their decisions, and do not even realize they’re doing it until they watch a replay of the game. Fans do this too. I’m guilty of it myself. It’s very easy to get wrapped up in cheering for your favorite team and be able to see every single foul on the opponent or other violations but not see them on your own team…..until you rewatch the game. There’s no doubt there’s a nice fancy term for this kind of bias in a thick psychology book, lol.
The 13th is one of the worse regions when it comes to this subject, you have to be 10 points or more better to win at certain places. my rankings of the hardest places to play only off of officials
1. corbin (but the favor is returned when they go on the road)
2. Williamsburg (watch the clip from the newport CC game)
3. North (the reed bubble)
4. Harlan (the only place a bench clearing brawl with fans can happen and nobody be ejected even when an assistant hits a opposing fan and both teams players) 
5. South Laurel (tough environment with students and refs play into that)