Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
22.73%
Raceland
77.27%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Raceland 11/18
(11-17-2022, 06:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 05:49 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 05:39 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Where is all the posters this thread is bad just like the Pikeville and Paintsville thread. I guess I will have to just stick to reading Johnson Central at Corbin thread
This season has been a little boring in the past few weeks.  I’m happy my team is still playing but personally I’ve had a lot of other things that I’ve been focused on and haven’t gotten into football like I have in years past.
This puts everything in perspective OB. Hope you and yours are in good health and hope you are able to be on hand at Kroger in a couple weeks.
If we make it that far I plan to make the trip for sure! I have a 2 year old and she keeps me on my toes lol.  I make it to the games when I can but she doesn’t always cooperate haha.
Blaze and I have been talking and I have one major concern with tomorrow’s matchup with Hazard. That’s the QBs arm and #13(think that’s the number/big ol boy TE/WR) if Raceland has to put 8 in the box to contain Johnson. 13 is a big match up problem.

I think Hazard has more depth upfront and if Raceland makes the same mistakes they did against Paintsville, it could make things very interesting. That being said, Paintsville passing yards were a bit misleading. We sold out to stop Phelps at times and made them beat us through the air. Granted, we weren’t disciplined at the CB spot and got burnt a few times. But it was all between the 30s really.

I don’t expect it to be that way Friday night. I think you will see us play in a more balanced defense. That being said, we have always used an Athletic safety to roam the field to aid in stopping the run. That’s why the middle of the field scares me so much with the big WR from Hazard.

Hazard will likely break a couple as I think they are better and deeper than Paintsville. We shout ourselves in the foot early against the Tigers with 2 bad turnovers. We scored on almost every possession otherwise.

I’ll if I have made a prediction on a score yet, but my new game prediction is…

20-7 Raceland at the half
42-14 Raceland final

If there’s a running clock, it will happen late.
I think the cold will play a factor in this game too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us rely on the running game tomorrow night and use the passing game sparingly.
It’s gonna be cold and windy. I believe the passing game will be nonexistent for both teams.
Raceland moves on to Round 4....
I hope Raceland can play error free football. If so I believe they win this game and move on. Penalties and turnovers are the things that could derail them. I hope not.
(11-17-2022, 08:51 PM)bac2369 Wrote: https://www.hazard-herald.com/sports/haz...6fad3.html
God article bac2369
(11-17-2022, 08:14 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: It’s gonna be cold and windy. I believe the passing game will be nonexistent for both teams.
I don't think 2-3 MPH winds will affect the passing game much.
I just read that WSGS had planned on livestreaming this game but they made a Facebook post saying that "Raceland officials would not allow them to do so."

Anyone know why Raceland officials are not allowing WSGS to livestream the game?

Does Raceland already have a streaming provider they are in contract with?
(11-18-2022, 08:09 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: I just read that WSGS had planned on livestreaming this game but they made a Facebook post saying that "Raceland officials would not allow them to do so."

Anyone know why Raceland officials are not allowing WSGS to livestream the game?

Raceland streams their games on YouTube channel Kool TV.

Raceland streams their games on YouTube via Kool TV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ramcat77's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(11-18-2022, 08:09 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: I just read that WSGS had planned on livestreaming this game but they made a Facebook post saying that "Raceland officials would not allow them to do so."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(11-17-2022, 11:53 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 08:14 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: It’s gonna be cold and windy. I believe the passing game will be nonexistent for both teams.
I was listening to the radio yesterday and they said gusts up to 25 mph. Maybe they meant during the day .Or maybe I miss heard
(11-18-2022, 09:10 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 11:53 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
I was listening to the radio yesterday and they said gusts up to 25 mph. Maybe they meant during the day .Or maybe I miss heard
Around 2-3 PM it's 12 MPH but by kickoff it's down to 3 MPH.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slic Ric's post:
  • RAMDAD50
Good luck to Ramland and the dogs pound and you old foggies better dress warm because it’s going to be a little chilly tonight and I will be checking in on this game tonight threw kool hits tv for Hambley field
I think this will be a dog fight, hard-nosed type of game. 21-20 Hazard
28 degrees at kickoff and it’s snowing in Ram Land!
If the cold weather effects the passing game, seems the Rams run defense has done well this year. Might be lower scoring, if so, but Raceland should still come out on top. Give me the Rams by 2 TDs
People always say the cold effects the pass game. It effects us old heads freezing our raisins off, but as a kid, think about it, never bothered us much. It does have a little effect, maybe with the fingers, but no where near what people act like. My senior year we played a BReathitt team with Justin haddix at QB. One of the coldest days all year. He threw it all over us. These kids have heaters, gloves that stick so much you can climb a wall, and everything else. As long as a team stays loose, the cold won’t affect them that much.
Question? When’s the last time Raceland trailed in a game this season?
(11-18-2022, 04:41 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Question? When’s the last time Raceland trailed in a game this season?
The last game we trailed was against Greenup County.  That game was also the most points scored against Raceland this season.  I’ll be the first to admit that Greenup is a lot better than I gave them credit for earlier in the season and I wish them luck in their game against Mason County tonight.
(11-18-2022, 05:17 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 04:41 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Question? When’s the last time Raceland trailed in a game this season?
The last game we trailed was against Greenup County.  That game was also the most points scored against Raceland this season.  I’ll be the first to admit that Greenup is a lot better than I gave them credit for earlier in the season and I wish them luck in their game against Mason County 
Hard not to trail when you throw a pic six on the first series of the game.
(11-18-2022, 05:53 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 05:17 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
The last game we trailed was against Greenup County.  That game was also the most points scored against Raceland this season.  I’ll be the first to admit that Greenup is a lot better than I gave them credit for earlier in the season and I wish them luck in their game against Mason County 
Hard not to trail when you throw a pic six on the first series of the game.
I was just answering the question lol.